It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sends Twitter messages to Iranians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
www.activistpost.com...

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US State Department has begun sending Twitter messages to Iranians, alluding to the "historic role" social media have played in mass protests against Iran's 2009 disputed presidential polls.

I don't trust the Iranian revolution. I think this is just playing off of the popular uprising in Egypt, and the Iranian revolution is something quite different. The US controlled the Egyptian dictator, not so with the Iranian leader, so they would have every reason to instigate a revolution in Iran. The media wants to play off of the emotional level of the Egyptian protest so people will support the Iranian revolution which is US backed. That's my take on it at least.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
www.activistpost.com...

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US State Department has begun sending Twitter messages to Iranians, alluding to the "historic role" social media have played in mass protests against Iran's 2009 disputed presidential polls.

I don't trust the Iranian revolution. I think this is just playing off of the popular uprising in Egypt, and the Iranian revolution is something quite different. The US controlled the Egyptian dictator, not so with the Iranian leader, so they would have every reason to instigate a revolution in Iran. The media wants to play off of the emotional level of the Egyptian protest so people will support the Iranian revolution which is US backed. That's my take on it at least.

Im with you there, it looks like the revolution has been taken over.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

"Hillary Clinton: Iran needs to follow Egypt’s lead and ‘open up’"

Anything that Hillary Clinton is supporting can't possibly be good. All the more reason to believe this CIA "green" revolution is a bunch of globalist tricks.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Iran protests resume; 1 reportedly killed

One man was killed Sunday in a Tehran square during an opposition demonstration, unofficial reports suggest. At least five people were injured in Shiraz. The protestors are marking one week to the death of two demonstrators.
[...]
Social network users reported that many websites were blocked Sunday including the Gmail service. Opposition website Rahesabz.net reported that the cell phone network in central Tehran had been cut off. Another report said that overseas calls to Tehran were also blocked in order to restrict the flow of information to foreign media outlets.

Earlier on Sunday, opposition activists gathered in several areas in Iran's capital.

Iran warned the opposition on Saturday against staging demonstrations after calls were posted on websites for a rally on Sunday to commemorate two people killed during protests this week, state media reported.

Video of demonstrators fleeing from police in Shiraz...

YouTube Page

Facebook Page

edit on 2/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

i am iranian and i am sick of this green movement although I want to help my brothers and sisters

understand the situation.

can you show me some ways ?

i appreciate your help.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
www.rawstory.com...

Anything that Hillary Clinton is supporting can't possibly be good.

Spot on. Rest assured that whomever takes over Egypt or Iran will do so with the support of the US state department for the NEFARIOUS Globalist agenda... not for the good of their people.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"American globalization is worse than military dictatorship, because it rots the soul."

"Color Coded" Egypt; Did US-backed NGOs Help to Topple Mubarak

Mike Whitney----Do we know whether foreign agents or US-backed NGOs participated in the demonstrations in Tahrir Square? Could they have played a part in toppling Mubarak?

K R Bolton--The revolts in Tunisia, Egypt and as they are spreading further afield have all the hallmarks of the NED/Soros “color revolutions” that were fomented in the former Soviet bloc states and in Myanmar and elsewhere. They all follow the same pattern and many years of planning, training and funding have gone into the ridiculously called “spontaneous” (sic) revolts.

The organizations that have spent years and much money creating revolutionary organizations in Tunisia, Egypt and elsewhere include the National Endowment for Democracy, USAID, International Republican Institute, Freedom House, Open Society Institute, and an array of fronts stemming therefrom, including: National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, Center for International Private Enterprise, and the American Center for International Labor Solidarity.

Google's Revolution Factory - Alliance of Youth Movements: Color Revolution 2.0

It is hard, considering these men's affiliations, to believe that the change they want to see is anything less than a generation that drinks more Pepsi, buys more consumerist junk, and believes the United States government every time they purvey their lies to us via their corporate owned media.

While the activists attending the Movements.org summit adhere to the philosophies of "left-leaning" liberalism, the very men behind the summit, funding it, and prodding the agenda of these activists are America's mega-corporate combine. These are the very big-businesses that have violated human rights worldwide, destroyed the environment, sell shoddy, overseas manufactured goods produced by workers living in slave conditions, and pursue an agenda of greed and perpetual expansion at any cost. The hypocrisy is astounding unless of course you understand that their nefarious, self-serving agenda could only be accomplished under the guise of genuine concern for humanity, buried under mountains of feel-good rhetoric, and helped along by an army of exploited, naive youth.

The Arab Revolutions and Us: Start Quaking in Your Boots!

In his latest debate on the France 2 TV channel, discussion show anchor Yves Calvi expressed alarm about the possible rise of Islamism in Egypt and Tunisia. However, here we will consider how, if we leave the emotionally-charged media coverage to one side and attempt to analyse the contradictions between the West and the Arab world rationally, these revolutions are less of a threat than an example for us Westerners to follow. We have the opportunity to create a fairer world. Why be afraid?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Does Iran have a central bank? How about Libya or N. Korea? Why are we constantly sable-rattling to these countries?

Who is your real enemy? Those countries or our very own government and its lap-dog media whores?

If we can get most Democrat and Republican laymen to stop voting for the "lesser of two evils" (explain to them that by definition they are still voting for evil) then Ron Paul has a chance and we can save this country and return to peace and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none." Thomas Jefferson

This brief tour de force video will help convince them to vote Ron Paul: www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-2-2011 by FreakyDeaky1 because: bad url

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FreakyDeaky1

Same as my response to you as in my other thread
You're pretty much preaching to the choir here on ATS.
edit on 2/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreakyDeaky1
Does Iran have a central bank? How about Libya or N. Korea?

Yes, Iran does have a central bank. Here is their web page: Central Bank Of Iran

Yes, Libya also has a central bank: Central Bank Of Libya

And yes, North Korea also has a central bank: Central Bank of North Korea

Of course these banks, unlike Rothschild central banks, are state owned and operated. All claim it is their mission to safeguard the value of their country's currency, but historic exchange rates show they have failed in that regard (or perhaps succeeded if their actual mission were the same as the US Federal Reserve - to destroy the currency). It doesn't much matter whether corrupt private banking cartels or corrupt dictatorship regimes control currencies, as the end result will be the same - the people of those countries will endlessly pay into the deep pockets of the corrupt banksters and Ruling Class elite, who invariably become unimaginably wealthy.

Rick

new topics

top topics

join