It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mission to Mars simulation to start in Moscow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Mission to Mars simulation to start in Moscow

www.telegraph.co.uk

Six men have begun a gruelling simulated mission to Mars that will see them spend almost a year and a half locked up in a mock spaceship deep inside a Russian laboratory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The unusual isolation experiment, called Mars 500, is designed to probe humankind's ability to undertake long-distance space travel even though a manned mission to the Red Planet remains years away.

Participants will not experience weightlessness or the higher radiation levels associated with such travel but organisers say the experience will nonetheless be authentic.

The crew, made up of three Russians, a Chinese man, a Frenchman and an Italian, will spend 520 days locked up in a "spaceship" forged from metal tubing in Russia's Moscow-based Institute for Biomedical Problems.

Their task is to conduct dozens of experiments and simulate a flight to and from Mars, as well as a landing and a series of 'spacewalks' on the Red Planet.

Participants are not professional astronauts but volunteers who were chosen because they had specific medical and technical skills.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Another theater?
i dont know what to make of this, i think the moon landing was real and what they found made them try to cover it up like it was a hoax...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
this thing has already started and a russian and an italian have been playing in a sandpit while wearing spacesuits, its a chinese guys turn soon aswell.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit:wow, i should have watched the video before commenting

edit on 15-2-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

join