It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The FBI and CIA do this sort of thing regularly. "Something bad is guaranteed to happen eventually, so you need to keep funding us so we can try to stop it!"

Nothing more than lame attempts to justify all the money they get.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Perhaps the FBI is focusing our attention on WMD to distract ourattention from their true intent? Whatever that may be. Seems to me our government is always doing something on the sly so we dont see it or acknowledge it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

agreed, that WMD's should not be THE focus, it s not THE killer either. I guess if someone would produce a statistic on what killed how many people, the winner in the weapons-section would be.... the knive.

And man is the biggest enemy to man.

Back to the original article; i think it is about fearmongering, getting even more money for the 3letter orgs, and or preparing people for a bigger fearmongering event.

Anyway i do not trust any stats that have any 100% in it. Besides chances of being hit by a electric lightning are slimmer than winning the lottery, but if you are hit, it probably sucks as much as being hit by a 100% chance of wmd.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I completely agree with you. It is curious that this comes out when the Congress is debating the Patriot Act.

We all have a right to know what actually value this erosion of our privacy has enabled the government to do. We are going broke in no small measure due to the "War on Terror", yet there has not been a single case that I have seen where we can be shown cause and effect. "We were able to stop Joey from doing this terrible thing because of a roving wire tap".

Why not? Yesterday a congressman was on TV justifying the Patriot Act and to paraphrase said "right now there is an agent obtaining the information to secure a wiretap and phone records to stop a terror plot and another to track down a drug operation". Great. Lets see the results of those efforts after the fact.

Its not like the bad guys don't know what they are doing, so coming out with "here is Juan Valdez. He's going to jail due to the roving wire-tap and the information we obtained from it". That does not betray the procedures and methods - they know what they are!

What is the percentage of warrantless searches and violations of privacy that have not resulted in a criminal prosecution? 1000 - 1? 10,000 - 1? By definition, his saying it is 100% certain that we will be hit suggests that there is nothing that these laws can do to prevent a WMD event. If that is the case, why do we continue to have these laws?

The whole business is nonsense. The "it has made us safer" has NEVER been linked to an event that was stopped in my recollection.

Here is what it sounds like to me:

I have a clean house. Some gent from the state comes in and tells me that I need to pay him $50/week to clean for MERSA. I know that its a nasty bug so I tell him go ahead. He cleans the house for a couple of months and every week tells me that he's killing tons of MERSA all around my place. I ask him if he can show me some before and after tests which show where the virus was and then when the virus has been killed and he tells me that "no, but trust me, its there, its all over the place". I ask him if, due to his cleaning I can be sure that I'll never get MERSA and he tells me, "no, you will definately get it". I tell him that I no longer want him to come and clean for it if I'm certain to get it anyway and he replies with "can't do that, state makes this cleaning a requirement".

Its about time they showed us the beef on this nonsense

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I AM TERRIFIED. I AM SO FCUKING TERRIFIED. (I am doing good.. right). PLEASE TAKE FROM ME WHAT YOU MUST TO END THIS HORROR. I AM SO TERRIFIED.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join