It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90% of the people in this world are going to Hell.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

And your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterl1fe

good!
I can't wait !
I'm gonna kick LUCIFER'S ARSE TILL I'LL BE TIRED ...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterl1fe
Why? For one simple reason friend, they do not have the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Thoughts? Comments? I'm curious to know your point of view.
NOTE!!! this is based off of statistics not my personal belief. I'm not your judge.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Afterl1fe because: adding details

Those rules only apply to Christians. The rest of us interact with God directly, without any dogma, and are therefore free of threats.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Religions based on guilt and fear of eternal punishment are manipulative at best, and at worst they are very damaging to the human psyche.

If there is a Hell, it's right here in the material world and we're living it.
It's punishment enough just to get through this life!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Why? For one simple reason friend, they do not have the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Thoughts? Comments? I'm curious to know your point of view.
NOTE!!! this is based off of statistics not my personal belief. I'm not your judge.

Hey there Afterl1fe,

Just two things really ...

#1 I think anyone who truly believes the statement you make in the thread title will be in for quite a shock when the time comes

#2 I would be very very interested to know where these statistics come from and how they were gathered

Woody

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
When you go and make a statement like: "90% of the people in this world are going to Hell... Why? For one simple reason friend, they do not have the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Thoughts?" then you end up creating hostility towards Christians from Non-Christians, and that is not a very Christian thing to do, now is it? Your trying to create chaos. It makes me question whether you really are a Christian or not.

Who came up with these statistics? What authority do they have? Only God can judge who can go into heaven and who gets the second death.

Christians are supposed to live by Jesus's example. Telling people that 90% of them are going to hell is not living by Jesus's example, its just plain rude and bringing statistics into it is ridiculous. How did they come up with these statistics? Did they get everyone who went to hell to do a survey, was that their punishment?

The whole idea of Christians spreading the word of Jesus Christ is about letting people know about him, then backing off and letting them make their own choice through their own free will. Trying to scare people into following Christ is not going to work, and it will just make people hate Christians even more.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Definitions......

Hell noun

1. Any place where there is no religious people.

2. Any place where a good hearted human being indulge in the pleasures life has to offer.

3. Any place that is not the Christian version of the Afterlife.

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell
No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Satan, payed my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land
I'm on the highway to hell (Don't stop me)
And I'm going down, all the way down I'm on the highway to hell

Artist: AC/DC

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Didn't the OP admit to trolling like 5 pages ago?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Didn't the OP admit to trolling like 5 pages ago?

Yeah and no one really cared because it seemed like a pretty normal ATS thread anyway.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who actually believe the OP here.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
not true

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Before you propose that 90% of the world's people are going to hell, you shoud establish that such a place exists, and if so, what it is like. I can not find "Hell" in my Bible, only things that are misinterpreted. Lake of Fire yes, hell no (pun intended). I subscribe to the doctrine of Universal Reconcilliation. I am NOT saying the lost will not pay for their sins - they will pay dearly, but the principle of the Jubilee states that after so long a time, all debts are cancelled, and all go home to their inheritance. I believe the Jubilee is prophetic.

Hell is incompatable with a loving, merciful God. If Jesus does not save to the uttermost, then He has failed. But He has not, and will not, so therefore all men will be saved in the fullness of time.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Definitions......

Hell noun

1. Any place where there is no religious people.

2. Any place where a good hearted human being indulge in the pleasures life has to offer.

3. Any place that is not the Christian version of the Afterlife.

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell
No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Satan, payed my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land
I'm on the highway to hell (Don't stop me)
And I'm going down, all the way down I'm on the highway to hell

Artist: AC/DC

Yo - "hell" is also a verb. Burying your fruits and/or veggies to keep them from freezing is called "helling" them. Hell mostly merely means the grave.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Although the OP is trolling i had to answer

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Hey there Afterl1fe,

Just two things really ...

#1 I think anyone who truly believes the statement you make in the thread title will be in for quite a shock when the time comes

#2 I would be very very interested to know where these statistics come from and how they were gathered

Woody

#3 I'm glad he's not our judge!

Laz

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

For me hell is having to put up with stuck up, self serving religious idiots who spout sh=t like 'You're all going to hell because you don't believe what I do or because this survey says so'. Believe what you want but don't try and ram crap like that down my throat.
edit on 11-4-2011 by TattooedWarrior because: I forgot how to spell!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Where is your statistics then? I want to see the Multiple sources proving your 90%
I saw in a previous post that you said your not trying to insight a flamewar or whichever, but..... I don't have a specific beef with Christianity in its message (or rather, my interpretation of the books message) and I even I find your.... wording, kind of offensive..... but I guess if your really curious as to my point of view, I'll try to act un-offended and to the point.

I think whatever you based your statistics on, must of been a rather simple unspecific one in how it questioned the person so.... Idk I seriously doubt the numbers are right

I believe/hope that when you die (assuming hell/heaven is real) ..... you don't go straight to hell, given there is a god as truly all knowing and compassionate I'd see em as.... they would ask if you if you accept him and jesus or whatever.... and at that point you have the opportunity to repent for your sins and to say whether or not you accept them...... which in the end boils down to who you are deep down.... cause if deep down your a good person that Truly feels sorry for what they have done.... that they have lived the guilt, and that they are truly wanting to accept Jesus and such..... that there would be no need for them to burn in hell. If god is as big as they make out to be..... then I'm sure he would know how sincere you are.

After all the people i've met across the spectrum of live.... I've seen people go through insane "living" conditions and end up with a screwed up perspective of the world.... and I don't blame them for it.... I just do the Jesus type of ting and and forgive them for they know not..... so I can't see those people being damned to hell. All I can say in comparison to what "life" has become in comparison to the days of old..... I don't want to say those times were simple.... but in comparison today its just like...... pales in my opinion alongside todays problems. Sometimes life deals you a bad hand..... just the fact that we are able to communicate with each other on this awesome technology, teaching/learning from one another is a blessing.... yet people rarely notice it.... even when they are looking upon people who have never touched the tech but at the same time I feel are the ones who need to be heard the most. People just have a bad hand and they get messed up..... if in the end they get put on there knees in front of god....... and he just damns them away to hell....... Then I renounce that bastard as my father, and when I get my chance to stand in front of him, I'll give him the finger and just say "you know what you did". However I doubt that if there Is a god.... that they would be seriously that childish and petty..... i'd expect a higher being with a higher logic than any of you fear mongerors of hell can seem to muster up.

Logic tells me that we are only organic intelligent machines that will simply turn off when the wrong parts break down. Possibility tells me that maybe there is a way to bring that person back..... but that it would be a tech years and years from now..... and that it wouldn't neccessarily be the greatest thing population wise.... but still wouldn't mean ultimate salvation from death..... cause if your brain goes then You go in my opinion. I cannot put logic to any kind of "spirit" for the human body that can be free of it after physical death, that isn't to say I don't hope for it, just that like you I cannot explain why and how it works.

I know the future will definitelly have a GITS feel to it once our cyborg tech gets a bit better..... Idk now many of you actually know but if you take a quick trip down to youtube, you can see some tech we have that can allowed a completely paralyzed man to right a book via a computer hooked up to his brain. That same tech is making operable prosthetic limbs..... not that we'll need it once we start growing our limbs back (different story differen time).... but it will be a nice tech for a while until the next medical revolution comes (or is allowed >.>).

Back to the main subject lol.... my over all oppinion.... I think your wrong if you believe that study.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

That is like saying the only valid diploma is from this one college and this college only! God is no respector of persons, races, religions, planets or universes. He is the creator of them all. He also responds to the faintest flicker of faith. Be it the primitive belief of a pygmy tribe in Africa or a congregation at a city chruch. God is concerned with the individual's belief.

Following is a quote from The Urantia Book, paper 4

Religious tradition is the imperfectly preserved record of the experiences of the God-knowing men of past ages, but such records are untrustworthy as guides for religious living or as the source of true information about the Universal Father. Such ancient beliefs have been invariably altered by the fact that primitive man was a mythmaker.
One of the greatest sources of confusion on Urantia concerning the nature of God grows out of the failure of your sacred books clearly to distinguish between the personalities of the Paradise Trinity and between Paradise Deity and the local universe creators and administrators. During the past dispensations of partial understanding, your priests and prophets failed clearly to differentiate between Planetary Princes, System Sovereigns, Constellation Fathers, Creator Sons, Superuniverse Rulers, the Supreme Being, and the Universal Father. Many of the messages of subordinate personalities, such as Life Carriers and various orders of angels, have been, in your records, presented as coming from God himself. Urantian religious thought still confuses the associate personalities of Deity with the Universal Father himself, so that all are included under one appellation.

The people of Urantia continue to suffer from the influence of primitive concepts of God. The gods who go on a rampage in the storm; who shake the earth in their wrath and strike down men in their anger; who inflict their judgments of displeasure in times of famine and flood—these are the gods of primitive religion; they are not the Gods who live and rule the universes. Such concepts are a relic of the times when men supposed that the universe was under the guidance and domination of the whims of such imaginary gods. But mortal man is beginning to realize that he lives in a realm of comparative law and order as far as concerns the administrative policies and conduct of the Supreme Creators and the Supreme Controllers.

The barbarous idea of appeasing an angry God, of propitiating an offended Lord, of winning the favor of Deity through sacrifices and penance and even by the shedding of blood, represents a religion wholly puerile and primitive, a philosophy unworthy of an enlightened age of science and truth. Such beliefs are utterly repulsive to the celestial beings and the divine rulers who serve and reign in the universes. It is an affront to God to believe, hold, or teach that innocent blood must be shed in order to win his favor or to divert the fictitious divine wrath.

The Hebrews believed that "without the shedding of blood there could be no remission of sin." They had not found deliverance from the old and pagan idea that the Gods could not be appeased except by the sight of blood, though Moses did make a distinct advance when he forbade human sacrifices and substituted therefor, in the primitive minds of his childlike Bedouin followers, the ceremonial sacrifice of animals.

The bestowal of a Paradise Son on your world was inherent in the situation of closing a planetary age; it was inescapable, and it was not made necessary for the purpose of winning the favor of God. This bestowal also happened to be the final personal act of a Creator Son in the long adventure of earning the experiential sovereignty of his universe. What a travesty upon the infinite character of God! this teaching that his fatherly heart in all its austere coldness and hardness was so untouched by the misfortunes and sorrows of his creatures that his tender mercies were not forthcoming until he saw his blameless Son bleeding and dying upon the cross of Calvary!

But the inhabitants of Urantia are to find deliverance from these ancient errors and pagan superstitions respecting the nature of the Universal Father. The revelation of the truth about God is appearing, and the human race is destined to know the Universal Father in all that beauty of character and loveliness of attributes so magnificently portrayed by the Creator Son who sojourned on Urantia as the Son of Man and the Son of God.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What a thing to say; and what is your motive? Ignorance empowers fear; and fear empowers death. If you mean 90% of the people in this world will at some point die and be buried, which is what hell is, then yes; but if you mean 90% of the people in this world will be cast into the lake of fire, then you are simply ignorant; and ignorance is simply the wilderness of the mind. Not to worry, that which you ought to know is yet to be revealed to you; and when it is, your mind will no longer be wild, but tamed. Peace be with you: for you are beloved!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

And the funny thing is Christians who believe in a literal Hell really do think most of humanity is going to burn. This includes some of their friends and loved ones. Yet they defend and worship the deity who plans on torturing the people they love the most and they plan on bowing down before this monstrously evil being for all eternity singing its praises as it barbecues their best pals.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

My point of view is that this forum is not for those suffering from religious delusion to view this place as an opportunity to preach. Take your religious threats and human sacrifice religion somewhere else.

This is a bit off-topic of me I feel,but still figure I'll say it. I do mean it to be as cordial as possible, though.

Traditionaldrummer, my point of view is that this forum is for those who want to talk about issues that matter to them. Afterl1fe has every right to make this thread, as you have every right to not click on the link in the first place. From the title alone, it was pretty obvious what the subject matter is. But, if you were reading the article for intellectual reasons and curious to see other point of views, doesn't really give you a right to be bothered when the subject matter isn't what you expected to see.

And while it is irrelevant to my point of view, I am a big-time athiest. It's honestly the only thing in my life I am 100% comfortable with. My point being that I'm not just some believer annoyed at someone putting down my point of view.

As for the topic at hand, to me it is an acceptable risk of going to hell when compared to how much I would be lying to myself if I believe it/thought it might happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join