It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90% of the people in this world are going to Hell.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You don't need to stop living in sin to be saved. Only a hypocrite would teach such a thing. Who can stop sinning? How much sin do you have to give up to be saved? Can anyone give up all their sins... sinful bad habits included? Even Jesus asked in John chapter 8, who is without sin among you? Salvation is not about us giving up our sins to be saved. Salvation is about us admitting that we are guilty, hell-deserving, sinners and therefore need a Savior to redeem us. Jesus has the nail-scarred hands and feet. Jesus is that Savior.

Please define "sin" and put it in context. Isn't "sin" the label that is attributed by hegemonical fractions of human groups, fractions that have the means to force meaning onto stuff that happens in the real world?

Or isn't "sin" one of the most wonderful tools to make people comply?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterl1fe

The question is. Do you believe that the Bible is God's Word?.

Considering I don't think 'God' exists then I would have to give an emphatic no.

By the way, the King James Bible is the only reliable English Bible that hasn't been corrupted by Satan.

LOL, so now one can not only go to Hell for not believing in 'God', but also because they read the wrong version of the Bible? LMFAO - so how do YOU know you are reading the correct version hmmm?

This just gets better and better.......

EDIT: And you managed to avoid answering my questions
Care to try again?
edit on 15/2/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

(...)

The question is. Do you believe that the Bible is God's Word?. By the way, the King James Bible is the only reliable English Bible that hasn't been corrupted by Satan.

of course not! and who is satan? Another imaginary person who we're supposed to dislike?

come on people, facts are overwhelming: this "bible" is the results of people's hard work: they had to steal a lot from older texts (as others pointed out), they had to get rid of some details that might affect the story in a way the authors didn't like, they had to make sure all self-empowering aspects were killed off from the start (hey, if you intend to dominate others you can't allow them to go to the bearded one directly, bypassing the crossdressers)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Why? For one simple reason friend, they do not have the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Thoughts? Comments?

Actually the reason I'm going to hell is because I invited the Lord Jesus Christ as my savior, but it was only a ploy to ambush him. We engaged in deadly combat and eventually I broke his neck with a small boulder I managed to lift while he was trying to recover on the ground.

My fairy tale killed your fairy tale.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You know how the Lord said, "Do not give what is holy to the dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6) Well, Jesus is no hypocrite; He practices what He preaches. Christ revealed the nature and will and plan of God to those who would listen, and with the same words He concealed God from those who would not.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You know how the Lord said, "Do not give what is holy to the dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6) Well, Jesus is no hypocrite; He practices what He preaches. Christ revealed the nature and will and plan of God to those who would listen, and with the same words He concealed God from those who would not.

So basically he is saying "Bend over and worship me or I will bend you over and do something terrible to you".

What a narcissistic psychopath he is.

And you STILL haven't answered my questions. You started this thread, are you actually going to participate in it, or simply quote the Bible every few posts to give the illusion you are doing so?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Going to hell would be like moving across the street for a lot of the worlds people (too many imo). I'm not trying to bash anyone but I think our energy would be better spent trying to solve the problems we're experiencing right now than worrying about the afterlife. And I'd go so far to say that things should work out fine in the afterlife with that policy.

Life can be tough and maybe death can too, lets not start too soon.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I don't know. Neither do you. Or anyone for that matter.
What we do know is that some guy (or guys, whoo knows) we refer to as Matthew is supposed to have written this part of the big scheme.

Once again, free up some time (stop reading fairy tales, for example) and do some research. I assure you: you don't die doing so. I can tell. I'm still alive. More than ever since getting rid of that stupid stories.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
These are my thoughts on the Bible.

No I don't believe it's the word of anyone.

I do think it is telling some true stories or some kind of history BUT I believe it has been HIGHLY altered and things were taken out, such as why isn't Enoch in there? I only read that part because of the interesting topics in it that are convienently left out ie the alien talk

I think the bible is a type of story book that has been altered many times and then some group of guys got a hold of it and turned it into what it is today. I do think it has some truths but mostly I think a lot of it has been changed so much you don't know what the truth is. Also I do not for an minute think life came from the rib of a person and two people populated the planet. NO WAY. I think there is some symbolism to it but what i am not sure since I am not a bible scholar and very far from it. I find it difficult to read and even more difficult to find places that translate it because everyone translates it in their own way...which to me is a problem.

Do I think some of the bible is true? Yes, mostly the flood part since pretty much every civilization talks about a flood.

I don't believe the bible is the word of god but various men who think one should live the way they see fit. I also don't believe in a god like you may believe. I believe in something and i think god is in everyone but that is just me. I dont feel you shoud worship anything but perhaps your own body since your own body is your personal temple and should be treated with the utmost respect and care not some being you have never seen or can't see.

I use to go to church but they made me very uncomfortable trying to "save" me when I found it rude as ever because I didn't need any saving. I didn't like how they wanted me to live how they thought I should. As long as I am not hurting others I feel I am living the proper way. I do my best to help others when I can and I try to give back to the planet as well and that is all I can do. I am happy with that. I dont need someone telling me I am sinning because of my job or because I had sex before i was married.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
God i hate these threads....

Hell doesn't exist, its a fear tactic used by the church. Believe what we tell you or you'll burn....pathetic bullsh!t.

Jesus is the saviour because he "died for your sins" .... heres a spin

What if i told you he didn't die for your sins, he died to show the world there is an after life.

Even his last few words "father why have you forsaken me" confirms that he was expecting God to intervien, which he never does...

As for your "sins"... Karma will take care of that.

Either way the only people that are headed to hell are people that believe in such a place...

Oh, and what are these statistics the OP is talking about....
edit on 15-2-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Usually sermons on ATS p*ss me off, and I make snide comments as counter-preaching (justified by the wish to change monologue to dialogue), but I really appreciate your effort of spreading your version of one of the christianities.

It has resulted in quite many really humouristic answers (and you can never get too much humour)

but it has also done something else:

It demonstrates 'why not to become a christian' better than ten highly educated atheists could do, through your clearcut black/white, subjective, circle-argumenting, pseudo-rational insistence on doctrinal absolutes.

I don't even feel my common need of referring to the flying spaghetti monster, and while I just did that anyway, it was only to tell you, that I won't carry that line of anti-reasoning here.

I warmly recommend you to continue your evangelistic direction.
edit on 15-2-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Troll/End thank you for your entertainment. I give you permission to ban me now.

Expect us.

edit on 15-2-2011 by Afterl1fe because: your mom

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterl1fe

Why? Seriously? Are you really that bored with your sad, pathetic little existence that you feel the need to cause trouble?

Get a girlfriend mate, seriously. But first you may need some extensive plastic surgery to fix the amphibian look you gained while slopping around in the abortion bucket.

P.S. The thought has also occurred to me that you may be lying to get out of answering hard questions, if that is so then you are a coward.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Funny isn't it, almost without exception these people come on here telling us all how we are damned through our sins - and they, who accept God, will be saved.

They they get irate and slag people off or attack them.

So, now that must make 90% +1, lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Meh, i'm athiest. Only christians go to hell if they do bad things. Besides, if you don't believe in god then there is no believing in a devil either or eternal damnation for that matter
edit on 15-2-2011 by snoochieboochies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No human can say... They are not God, nor can anyone even fathom thinking as God does. I am a Christian, and I keep my own personal beliefs concerning salvation. However, I am and never will be so arrogant to say this Hindu or that Muslim sect or those who believe Nibiru is the savior are going to hell. So many people think they have an idea how God will judge... Reality = Nobody Does!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Do they have BBQ in Hell? If yes, then I am in.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
No human can say... They are not God, nor can anyone even fathom thinking as God does. I am a Christian, and I keep my own personal beliefs concerning salvation. However, I am and never will be so arrogant to say this Hindu or that Muslim sect or those who believe Nibiru is the savior are going to hell. So many people think they have an idea how God will judge... Reality = Nobody Does!

Highly commendable. Your kind wouldn't be considered a threat to anyone, and personally I would be the first to help protecting your rights to 'freedom of religion' (on par with other peaceful ideologuers).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join