It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90% of the people in this world are going to Hell.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TILTed
In the spirit of OPs post:

100% of people will NOT go to "hell".

prove me wrong.

Yes - you can't go to a place that does not exist, and given the character of a loving God, can not exist.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterl1fe

...i can only giggle...as everyone says you are not to judge, And realy...sir/madam, Why should everyone have to accept themselves into Jesus' Belief to go to "Heaven"... I miss the old days back when druids and Christians in whales lived in harmony and knew that each other just had a different way of explaining the actual SCIENCE that has been deluded over the years to be this End of the world/ Go to Hell if your not Gods "Slave" in dedication...if he is the way he is..he should not be the same as us...if he considers himself "Good" why is he so spitefull? are you sure that it wasnt (Sorry to be Sacroligious) lucifer just saying "Hey man lets just chill! why you being so harsh? Let people live on earth as if its there heaven and keep this as ours...." But god being greedy knowing he could have worshinp descided "Mmmmm Nope sorry but i dont want anyone listening to your ideals go to a different plane of existance for eternity and rule that as your "Heaven".

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

There should be more religious tolerance. Even though people claim to believe in this God or that God, in reality they are worshiping the same God just in different ways. God responds to the faintest flicker of faith. From the primitive bush men who barely have anything that could be called religion to the most self-professed religionist God responds to them all. He is no respecter of persons, races, religions or nations.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

What i mean is it is one of the most demanding religions of all, there is NO tollerance of certain things, Same here but you dont have to repent for small things here you do it in the lives you live through my beliefs, My bad childhood was probaly cuz i was a bad kid for no reason in some other place. I just think its a little too Demanding of things to be realy plausable to me sorry if i offended anyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I have seen too many people hurt and turned away by Christianity and I try to convience those people to give God another shot. I personally follow the teachings in the Urantia Book ( www.urantia.org... ) and I suggest you check it out. It could help you to better understand God. He is not about punishment for sin, he is about love.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

i gave it up a long time ago and i dont see myself ever going back to it, Thanks though. i am a druid and it is actualy the oldest thing that i see explaining Science to an older age, The bible to me is a book of guide lines and Morals that got turned into a religion by a Mesiah or Shaman or something like that that spoke in 1/2 scentences and it became Christianity and Catholicism.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That's what I mean, don't look for knowledge in the bible. There is some truth in there, but in my opinion there is more error. It is not the infallible word of God. People get some very bad ideas about God and Jesus because ot the bible. I was once one of those people and as a teenager I started to seek other knowledge. In my early twenties I found the Uranta Book and it worked for me. It may not for you, but I think you should at least give it a look. What harm could come from that? If let me say that it is not a religion. It's more of an informational book that will help you form your own belief and faith systems. Because really, no matter what religion you practice, it ultimately is between you and God. Many people stay with their current religion after reading the Urantia Book (by the way, Urantia is simply a name for Earth) and it enhances their own personal experiences.

If you could tell me something that still have questions about I could probably point you to a paper in the Urantia Book that would help answer those questions.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
my thought on the matter is, we shouldn't have to be promised eternal life or threatened with eternal burning to be decent human beings, its as if you only be decent to get into heaven, i think that on the off chance that god is real, those who don't believe in god yet still are good honest people deserve to get into heaven more than those that spend everyday worshiping him, cause the majority of them do it out of fear of eternal burning, not for the love of christ and yes yes let me stop you now before you reply with of course it is because we love him and this and that, if it was, there is no hell, no matter how you live your life you will get into heaven, how many of you would still live the same way? with the worship and so on, because heres the point, those that worship that get to the end of life and find there is nothing, would probably feel ripped off...now i don't believe in god as to any religion that exists, there is some kind of "GOD" force that from the chaos brought us into being, but if i live my life Honestly, If I Am Caring, If Im Kind, If Im A Good Person and i get to the end of my life and find that there is a heaven then awesome, BONUS!...but if i get to the end and find that there is nothing...at least i lived my life the way i did because i wanted to be a genuinely good person, not because i was promised a reward or threatened with consequences...you don't need to believe in god to be a good person, you need to believe in being a good person, to be a good person.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymuz
my thought on the matter is, we shouldn't have to be promised eternal life or threatened with eternal burning to be decent human beings, its as if you only be decent to get into heaven, i think that on the off chance that god is real, those who don't believe in god yet still are good honest people deserve to get into heaven more than those that spend everyday worshiping him, cause the majority of them do it out of fear of eternal burning, not for the love of christ and yes yes let me stop you now before you reply with of course it is because we love him and this and that, if it was, there is no hell, no matter how you live your life you will get into heaven, how many of you would still live the same way? with the worship and so on, because heres the point, those that worship that get to the end of life and find there is nothing, would probably feel ripped off...now i don't believe in god as to any religion that exists, there is some kind of "GOD" force that from the chaos brought us into being, but if i live my life Honestly, If I Am Caring, If Im Kind, If Im A Good Person and i get to the end of my life and find that there is a heaven then awesome, BONUS!...but if i get to the end and find that there is nothing...at least i lived my life the way i did because i wanted to be a genuinely good person, not because i was promised a reward or threatened with consequences...you don't need to believe in god to be a good person, you need to believe in being a good person, to be a good person.

I agree with you. That should not be the reason you believe in God. I think the reason its like that is because fear has been a way to control people for thousands of years and for a long time church and state were the same thing. They just didn't adapt because of their self-professed infallibility of the book.

I have always believed that there is no hell, it doesn't make sense. I also believe that people will live on no matter what religion they are or even if they have none. God is no respecter of persons, races, nations or religions. I think all people are given a chance to make an informed decision so to speak.

It is unfortunate that many people base their ideas about God, the universe, Jesus and the afterlife in general on the Christian doctrines primarily. The main reason is people take the Bible as a whole and as the infallible word of God, so they are taking the bad with the good. If they could only learn to only take the good and discard the bad it would be much better. That is the way Jesus really taught. Jesus did not hesitate to appropriate the better half of a Scripture while he repudiated the lesser portion. His great exhortation, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” he took from the Scripture which reads: “You shall not take vengeance against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.” If more Christians did that it would be a better religion, IMO.

Since they don't I am not involved with them. I've been told many times by different Christians that you have to accept all of the Bible or none, so they made it easy for me. As I said in the above post, I found the Urantia Book after several years of searching and it worked for me. It certainly doesn't proclaim to be a required read to live on after death, but it does portray a much more positive outlook than anything else I've found. Plus it has interesting information about many topics.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
90% of the world is already in hell... i.e. a state of fear, agony, and pain....

there is no actual hell... it is a subjective experience, and all of the admonitions of the past religions were an attempt to alleviate it... however flawed they may have been...

stupid religious fanatics and atheists.... they just don't get this

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

definately look it up but what most people dont understand is i have no actual "Gods" i have no "Afterlife" a druid goes back to the earth to feed it, We bury ourselves for a reason...it was started by the old norse/germanic/artherian cultures because of that belief, The druids grasped science and knew what was going on before anyone else...they knew that we had some sort of energy that could travel after death but only in this and posibly the next/last dimention. The rebirth is found through releasing your energy to Gaia, witch is the actual name of this planet for the artherians magi, witch were just people who had knowlage of harmonic frequency (i have posts on all this stuff) witch let them move the stones of stone hedge, Build the groves that we find with massive stone structures built under trees in the middle of them. (Im going to ramble for a second) and i dont know why people dont understand that the American stonehedge was probaly just a Viking/Travelers Winery...ANYWAYS; truely its all about energy and how we travel with/through it, They understood science and most people didnt get it right away, so they had to dumb it down for there time and hope that the future could decode it but we still havent we still worship it as a primative race...(Another ramble sorry) mabe thats why aliens havent contanced us, because we believe in gods still...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
reply to post by UB2120

definately look it up but what most people dont understand is i have no actual "Gods" i have no "Afterlife" a druid goes back to the earth to feed it, We bury ourselves for a reason...it was started by the old norse/germanic/artherian cultures because of that belief, The druids grasped science and knew what was going on before anyone else...they knew that we had some sort of energy that could travel after death but only in this and posibly the next/last dimention. The rebirth is found through releasing your energy to Gaia, witch is the actual name of this planet for the artherians magi, witch were just people who had knowlage of harmonic frequency (i have posts on all this stuff) witch let them move the stones of stone hedge, Build the groves that we find with massive stone structures built under trees in the middle of them. (Im going to ramble for a second) and i dont know why people dont understand that the American stonehedge was probaly just a Viking/Travelers Winery...ANYWAYS; truely its all about energy and how we travel with/through it, They understood science and most people didnt get it right away, so they had to dumb it down for there time and hope that the future could decode it but we still havent we still worship it as a primative race...(Another ramble sorry) mabe thats why aliens havent contanced us, because we believe in gods still...

I see that you don't recognize personal God, and that is fine. God manifests himself on multiple levels, personality being just one. God is not only personality, he is also energy. I think you might find the information in the Urantia Book interesting. There is a lot of information on the history and development of religion in general. Below are a few links to check out. Papers 85 through 92 are primarily about the eveloution of religion.

www.urantia.org...

www.urantia.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Unfortunately it seems to be true. Perhaps if God considered them righteous they may get pardoned... but modern standards of righteousness in man's eyes is not so righteous in God's eyes, it seems.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join