It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it bother you that government paid disinfo agents post in this forum?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If that's the case and there really are paid agents posting on the site, I wouldn't worry about it, and neither should anyone else. I like to think I'm a "free-thinker", and even though I never get involved in discussions, I will on occasion say what I feel, then leave it at that and move on. I don't give a damn what others think of me, never have and never will. Even if there is only one paid dis-info agent, it is a tribute to the the success of A.T.S., and proof that there are members who are giving tptb something to think about and perhaps even a bit of worry to go along with it. What I don't like is the finger pointing and unspoken accusations toward those members whom it seemed were far to quick to debunk just about everything that got posted on the site, especially if the thread dealt with a u.f.o.sighting. There was one member whom it seemed was right there...always waiting to pounce and try his best to discredit the the report. This bugged my ass to no end, and I wasn't the only one. On the other hand, he had quite a following of folk seeking out what they thought would be logical explanations for something they believed just could not be a craft from another world. This guy was good and I was beginning to wonder about him and the possibility of him being a "plant" did enter my mind on more than one occasion. The problem was that I wanted what appeared to be the "real thing" to be just that, and just couldn't accept the fact that here was a member who instead of jumping the proverbial gun as many of us are guilty of, would sit back and give any posted video of a u.f.o. a proper and thorough analysis, then deflate our hopes by posting his opinion. It was about a month ago when I first noticed something had changed regarding the u.f.o. and alien threads, then I finally clued in and realized it was the guy who goes by the name, "Phage". I asked anyone knew if something had happened to him, and received a reply from a member who said phage was just sick and fed up with all the insinuations about him working for the "other side", and as a result had finished with A.T.S..
Phage, if you read this I'm hoping you will come back. I am one who suspected you as being an agent, and you have my deepest apologies for having done so. As much as I hate the taste of "humble pie", right now I'm halfway through a large plate of it! In spite of the fact that I strongly disliked the way you were so quick with your debunking of u.f.o. sightings, and probably will always dislike you for that reason, I have to admit that folk such as yourself are much needed to help keep everything in balance, thanks to your analytical minds. Even though I had suspected you of being a "plant", I kept my opinions to myself, otherwise you would have the first to hear me say it! Good Luck!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Should this type of person—the disnfo agent—exist, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I, as do most people here, have a pretty firm moral center and a relatively high functioning intelligence. We're here to find the truth and get educated, and no one comes in or goes out knowing everything or expecting everyone to agree with them. Everything that's contributed here, of any opinion, sheds light in one way or another and gets us closer to the reality of what's going on. Even if you disagree, there's intrinsic value in that. We can even learn from the disinfo—things like motives and reasons. And sometimes simply realizing there is more than one way to look at something benefits everyone. Even when what you might view as erroneous information is being disseminated, in. say, a cluster or concerted effort, that doesn't necessarily mean disinfo agents are at work—it might simply mean that someone is more organized or focused. Trends and patterns in these organized forces, as well as in the MSM and blogosphere, show and teach us things even if we don't necessarily agree with what they're saying.

reply to post by Unity_99

Right. But that doesn't stop people going to other sites or writing "reports" to call out people on ATS, as has been done in the past on several occasions.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I beleive that would be anyone who disagrees with the op is a "dis-info agent". That would probably be most of ATS.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

The only thing that bothers me is people making baseless claims that this occurs. Yet, there is absolutely no proof.

I guess some of yall cannot believe that there are people out there that think different than you and have different opinions. God forbid someone does, they are called a government paid disinfo agent.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The only thing that bothers me is people making baseless claims that this occurs. Yet, there is absolutely no proof.

No proof? Of course not, when mods make it disappear.

I saw enough with the end of DocVelocity.

The thread disappeared.... why? 404'ed.

Some things I can believe in, since I've seen 'em.

edit on 15-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   

It's bound to happen. That's why we have to take everything with a grain of salt. There are certain subjects on here I like to participate in because it's like brain candy and I don't really take them seriously because they're more speculation than fact. They can comment all they want on those. But the ones that realy try to present the facts...if there is one of you on this thread. Please, reconsider your line of work. You are doing this world a disservice. What good will your safety or money be or what ever they promissed you, after the world is torn apart by war, famine and desease? The children you helped kill, The people you helped to have the general population suffer. Don't you have a concience?

link   
When the "sheeple" are dumbed down and easily (mis)lead then there's a real harm in the dispensation of disinformation. But where there is rigorous intellectual debate presented with facts and common sense not fantasy and popular conjecture, then the "Truth Will Out."

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Every single time this subject comes up (And, dear God does it come up a lot) I answer with the same exact query...

Why would the government, or any other entity, pay to muddy waters that are already utterly muddied without any help at all.

~Heff

I used to think this way too - until recently. I found out there was an actual government employee posting about an issue.

I used to post on another blog about a "regional" issue. It wasn't anything like 9/11 that but it was something which upset many people. There was one poster who attacked other posters and post all sorts of inside info. I just thought this person was crazy. Well, it turned out this person worked for the government.

It was interesting how and why this person was posting about this topic. Right now, there is legal stuff going on so I really can't talk about it in detail.

Regardless, I don't think this is a isolated incident - it probably happens more than people think.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
I'm just interested in how you guys identify these "government paid disinfo agents"???

I think its "if you disagree with me" then you are a paid disinformation agent. I don't put it past the government to do it but I've certainly never seen an ad on monster.com for it. I'll keep looking though, those government jobs are the best.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

No proof? Of course not, when mods make it disappear.

I saw enough with the end of DocVelocity.

The thread disappeared.... why? 404'ed.

Some things I can believe in, since I've seen 'em.

Respect to that ,

edit on 15-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Maybe there are applications on top of pizza boxs...we should get one soon

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

I used to post on another blog about a "regional" issue. It wasn't anything like 9/11 that but it was something which upset many people. There was one poster who attacked other posters and post all sorts of inside info. I just thought this person was crazy. Well, it turned out this person worked for the government.

It was interesting how and why this person was posting about this topic. Right now, there is legal stuff going on so I really can't talk about it in detail.

Regardless, I don't think this is a isolated incident - it probably happens more than people think.

When you say that this person is a government employee... Are you saying that this person possessed the job of paid internet poster? Or was this person an employee of Government in some other capacity? This is an important distinction.

If, for example, a County Commissioner just happened to be highly emotionally charged on an issue, and went nuts in a chatroom or message board where a discussion of that issue is taking place. Then this person is not a paid poster. They are simply a public servant who isn't taking the term "conflict of interest" as seriously as they should.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Does it bother you that possible government paid disinfo agents post in this forum?

Ah, another one of these. Here's the deal. SOME people on ATS have Super Powers of discernment that allow them to detect paid disinfo agents by their mannerisms and how they present themselves on these forums. If you've trained yourself properly and are not taken in by all the lies, you will know instinctively whether someone intentionally spreads 'disinformation' for pay by the government. These agents betray themselves by arguing illogically, changing the subject, being one trick ponies, or display any number of other "tells" that a really, really smart and aware person can recognize.

Actually, accusing someone of being a disinformation agent, or even suggesting that such people post on particular forums, amounts to an ad hominem attack that diverts the discussion form whatever discussion is at hand, which amounts to spreading disinformation. In other words, by using this specious argument, you become what you accuse others of being.

At least someone found a W=2 for Bob Lazar, but you ain't got nothin'!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You paint with a wide brush.

I guess some of yall cannot believe that there are people out there that think different than you and have different opinions. God forbid someone does, they are called a government paid disinfo agent.

I have had many disagreements with posters on threads, but I don't stoop to calling them disinfo agents. I have been called a disinfo agent.

Just because some people use the term frivolously, doesn't mean that there have not been cases of federal law enforcement agents on this site, exposed, then trying to hide their identity. I saw it.

Then it was gone. 404'ed..... again, why? Because it looked shady?

Looks a lot shadier when you wipe it away.

edit on 15-2-2011 by butcherguy because: sentence repair

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
The word "disinfo" is thrown around like candy, on this site. The word has practically lost its meaning (IMHO). Most times, it's used to describe anyone who doesn't buy into, argues against, or brings up a point someone else doesn't like, typically by those who can't or won't debate or worse, can't accept that there are people who just don't agree with them.

Don't forget that there are also the misinfo agents here.

As to the topic at hand, it does bother me that government stooges spread their lies here. But they are so obvious and blatant. They all stick out like sore thumbs. They are not fooling anyone, even though they so arrogantly think that they are.

Anyway, this thread has already exposed some of them, so kudos.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well, I don't buy into this disinfo agents speculation. Since I have joined, I have seen some extraordinary posters leave because they were sick and tired of trying to put some common sense where, honestly, it seriously needed it. They were called every other name in the book. Disinfo, shills, paid agents, trolls, thread derailers and so on and so on.

Shame, really. I could put a list of names here of people that I personally miss. It would be against the T&C to do so, so I won't. And they were not part of this disinfo fantasy.

Just my take on it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For me, without evidence, it's kind o' a moot point. Even with evidence it's a moot point because disinfo is a reality in our world.

However, some folk keep mentioning Doc Velocity (I don't even know who that is) as an example of the OP's assertion and that just peaks my naturally insatiable nosiness er I mean curiosity. Care to elaborate anyone?
edit on 15-2-2011 by The GUT because: clarification

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
no i doesn't bother me, i get $5 per post.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

You paint with a wide brush.

I have had many disagreements with posters on threads, but I don't stoop to calling them disinfo agents. I have been called a disinfo agent.

Just because some people use the term frivolously, doesn't mean that there have not been cases of federal law enforcement agents on this site, exposed, then trying to hide their identity. I saw it.

Then it was gone. 404'ed..... again, why? Because it looked shady?

Looks a lot shadier when you wipe it away.

edit on 15-2-2011 by butcherguy because: sentence repair

File a complaint if you have issue with staff action. This is not the place to do so, as you know.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yes because on my very first post here on ATS, I was accused of being a "dis-info agent" because I believed that the "Mystery LA Missile" was simply a stunning atmospheric optical illusion of an airplane contrail. Plus it would be pretty interesting if the government really wasted time planting these "agents" on such threads when the mainstream media already does a fine enough job of distorting and spinning the truth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join