It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it bother you that government paid disinfo agents post in this forum?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
These threads remind me of the ridiculousness of the claim that occurs here time and time again... (the claim being, "You are a disinfo agent paid by the government").

Did You Make the ShortList?

I did.

edit on 2/15/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Me too - second round.

Wait.... shhhhhhhh!

edit on 15-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If there are super secret agent men here. Hire me. I need a job.

They are not secret agent men. Do you remember DocVelocity?

That post will have some members suspecting that some mods are disinfo agents.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I do think they try hard. I mean like commenting on something another da posted to seem more truth seeking. Its a good tele test though
I think

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Heck, I have been called a disinfo agent because I dared to say that real airplanes hit the WTC towers!

It can get nutty sometimes, but that doesn't mean the government doesn't look and post here.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The whole group annoys the hell outta' me. How in the hell could anyone, anyone believe that an airplane hit the pentagon that day? No doubt they're paid. They sell a little more of their soul with each post. I call them traitors.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Deception is the opposite of "transparency" but political reality dictates (something about derviatives of that word tho that I dont like) that it is a political fact of life. I do support the First Amendment, one's right to free speech, but false speech is something I dont condone (like yelling "fire!" in a theatre to get everyone to panic when there is no fire)....but I acknowledge that it is done to facilitate an agenda not to get their jollies.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This thread made me think of something I haven't seen since I was a kid. lol, I got a kick out of watching this again.

You gotta love da Sesame Street

link   
This is normal with big websites with a large user base.

On Digg.com there was a rightwing bury brigade digging down posts that were contrary to their views.
And digging up their content.
The ring was found out and busted.

Luckily here we have good mods and smart users that can usually spot a fake or hoax post.

link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Theyre here for certain fields only , ask them something more general and they fall apart .

No, that is not right. There are people on both sides of an issue that stick to one particular field. And there are reasons to do so. It's not a sign of anything but paranoia if you think otherwise.

I come here mainly to debunk "chemtrails". It's what I did at YouTube, until I was preempitively blocked so often that it was nonproductive. But my videos still get views and comment, none the less.
Why specialize? Because I've always had a hobby concerning weather and clouds. It's something I've bothered to learn about. I am appalled that so many people do not understand the basics of both. It's simple science that has been know for centuries. Yet at least weekly, someone says "chemcloud" or "chembow" or say HAARP is making waveforms in clouds. They are wrong. It's an absolute.
Do I post on other threads? Yes, of course. But I don't believe in any conspiracy, know enough world history to believe that this generation's conspiracy stories are just rehashed from previous generations. And surprise! The Catholic church does not own the planet, Jews are productive members of society with no more "evil" than any other similar group, Freemasons still hold their little costumed hazing rituals.........there is nothing talked about today that doesn't have a counterpart from a century ago.
If people did exercise their freedom to learn and believe what they want, but crowd all the conspiracy theories out there into one brain, they leave themselves open to not learning anything about anything.
They are not denying ignorance, they are practicing it.
I much prefer debating "chemtrails" with someone who knows what a cummulonimbus with pileus and virga means and what it tells you about the atmosphere. Instead, there is a lot of this:

See? Intelligence in debate is a must. And if I recall, there are places where people can go to learn about one particular topic and will study just that topic for years. It's called earning a degree in college.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I do love it when the masons come on here and say how innocent they are also. I also think illuminati reps come from time to time just to see what we are talking about. Put an anti mason thread up and see how many mason supporters show up. Some disinformation can simply be the sheeple that actualy believe the media and come here to tell us how stupid we are.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Instead of targeting certain threads wouldn't it be easier to post threads that are blatant rubbish with the goal of discrediting the whole site?

exactly. Look at all the doomsday date threads and UFO threads(real but the average joe six-pack will blow it off).

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
look, some of us gotta earn a living , when I saw the Job in the GHCQ Times, I just couldn't resist. Being paid to go on the interweb all day spreading disinfo was too much to turn down, the moneys great too. Only problem is I keep getting in trouble for blowing my cover

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

A disinfo agent wouldn't post on a true thread. Instead they would ignore it in hopes of it vanishing like so many do. These agents would rather keep the false threads going and thus create confusion.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Agents to disinfo exactly what?

Just about anything on here.

It is a conspiracy site.

Oh.. Ok. There's lots of non-conspirative Science and Space news around here, I would even say this WAS a conspiracy site mabye? Off-topic maybe, ok.

So you mean disinfo on NWO Plans For Our Future Enslavement and that kind of INFO... ATS has 14 thousand 500 hundred registeresd members and I assume a lot more eventual readers and non-posters. Thats a lot for a website on a daily basis, but doesnt sound quite short in terms of INFO to be DISINFO-ED? If I had to disinfo I'd use TV and newspapers and School Regulations

edit on 15-2-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Got yoU, Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I find it unproductive of a government to pay someone to spread disinformation on a subject such as Chemtrails or 9/11. This would involve the government hiring and letting people in on highly classified information about critical events that the general public has NO idea about whose sole purpose of going on conspiracy site forums to lie. I don't see the logic in it all because the government would do better in spreading disinformation solely through the MSM rather than trying to sway an online community already leery of governments' original stories.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

If I had to disinfo I'd use TV and newspapers and School Regulations

Some think that we are already being blasted by government propaganda. Heck, you can find threads relating to that.

You are right, there are music, sports and other forums like that here. That's not why most people come here though.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
reply to post by MindSpin

Theyre here for certain fields only , ask them something more general and they fall apart .

A person with an open mind and no agenda is always able to diversify and look at a broader spectrum of issues .

Do your friends that do not believe in conspiracy theories come on sites like this ? No why would they waste their time they are sheep living the dream .

If all you do on here is debunk i have the right to be suspicious of your motives .

OK, so I'm fairly new, and I don't believe much of the stuff on this site. In fact some of it is down right insulting or just plain crazy. There are however, instances of intelligent discussion. You better add me to your list, because I'm not going to post about my alien encounters or how I think getting my daughter vaccinated is acceptance of depopulation. Why? Because I don't buy the depopulation garbage. Aliens? I assume ther is life out there, but I don't think they are here.

And when you decide to call everyone that believes something different than you, something you can't even prove, a disinformation officer or "sheep," then your comments lose all credibility.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I believe that ATS has shown time and again, that we as a whole are more than capable of determining truth, lies, "disinfo", hoaxes etc....

IF ( And I do mean IF) there are people from the government on this site for the lone purpose of spreading incorrect information....I truly feel they are wasting their time....

For what that is worth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join