It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I knew I'd Heard This Song Before!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So this Lady Antebellum song that won all the Grammies has been driving me crazy, it sounds so familiar...

Then I ran across this-

Alan Parsons Project probably has their lawyers on it already I'm guessing...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wonder if they got Al's permission or If they just waited for the copywrite to expire?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
That's just about as bad as Vanilla Ice and his rip-off from Queen's "Pressure".

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

ROCKS!!!!
You rock, i am kind of into music as i have eluded to before in other posts, and i suffered the same familiarity myself.
Now i know.
Thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No,

YOU ROCK

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It does beg the perennial question about music and art in general - isn't everything derivative of something? Few things in this world are truly original. That's why it's so exhilarating when something completely different comes along.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Nice catch Sig!

L.A. definately ISNT Alan Parsons. That dude was amazing back in the day. Hmmm. Time to dig out some vinyl for the turn table. Gotta warm up the cerwin vegas once in a while LOL!

Maybe some Meddle or Animals from Floyd afterwards?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow I had never even heard this song before the grammys (country aint so big in the UK
) but it seems other people have noticed this too

By then, critics and music listeners on both continents had mentioned that "Need You Now" shared a melodic similarity with "Eye in the Sky," the 1982 pop hit for The Alan Parsons Project. But the writers of "Need You Now" view any similarity as a coincidence, not an homage. "I’d never even heard of him," Scott says of Parsons. And, to be sure, pop music history is rife with melodic similarities, including one between "Eye in the Sky" and Chicago’s 1976 hit, "If You Leave Me Now."

linky

So yeah thats pretty believable after all it's not like working on Abbey road and Dark Side of the Moon and releasing 20 odd albums make you any kind of big deal in the music biz

Alan Parsons

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
They're not even close to my ear unless you mash them with the bass lines (or whatever that is) playing at the same time. Whole different (if somewhat similar) melody.

Sorry

new topics

top topics

join