It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York WeAreChange confronts Dick Cheney

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A little aggressive but hey, these 'celebrities-crooks' are unapproachable so .....ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get your point across!!

What's with the woman who was THANKING him for all he's done!!?? Did we experience the same 8 years in this country?.....because all he did with his cabal partner, Bush ...was tighten the noose around our necks a little tighter!

There are NO terrorists folks. The terrorists reside in the global think-tanks including but not limited to Bilderberg tank, Bohemia Grove tank, G-8/G-20 Summit tanks, Downing St tank and 1600 Pennsylvanian Ave tanks.

Side note: Cheney aged a LOT, hasn't he? It looks like guilt might have gotten to him!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Wow, that was effective !

Btw, aren't there some witches in Salem you should be trying to hang too ?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Walk like an Egytian, but its like
i dont care.

How much I think its key to read those threads day after day. The effect is like, 5min later another thread bye bye focus.
edit on 15-2-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Dick Cheney has no guilt and bohemian grove is not a think tank. Dick Cheney served this country as an elected official for his entire life and it just chaps your ass that he's not a mason or a skull & bones so you have to come up with this incomprehensible BS. Why dont you go after the millions he got from Halliburton, at least thats a fact.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The WeAreChange guys are hipocrites. Don't get me wrong, calling Dick Cheney out was a good call but Look at the comments on any of their videos and ask yourself where are the troller comments? They bullhorn freedom of speech but are the first to delete comments on their videos.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
Dick Cheney has no guilt and bohemian grove is not a think tank. Dick Cheney served this country as an elected official for his entire life and it just chaps your ass that he's not a mason or a skull & bones so you have to come up with this incomprehensible BS. Why dont you go after the millions he got from Halliburton, at least thats a fact.

He's an elected official? Really? I recall BOTH elections have 'trouble'. Everyone I know didn't vote for him but yet, both times......he's in like flint!

Listen, we're all entitled to like or dislike who we want. I happen to repel from all politicians especially those responsible for 9-11 in which, changed my life forever.

So if you all like this cattle line you're on and trust & believe your government (Govern *control* + Mental *mind*) well.....all I can say is hope you'll get it right in your next incarnation back on this third rock from the mall!! Because I am here to tell you: governments and consumerism is NOT what the Human race is all about but.........hey, we all learn on different level!

Now, let's go bomb some more countries all in the name of 'freedom'

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Dick Cheney served this country as an elected official for his entire life . . .

Some of Cheney's most pivotal positions were appointments (White House Chief of Staff, Secretary of Defense), not elected positions.

But you are correct about him serving this country. On a silver platter to his corporate pals.
edit on 15-2-2011 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Human_Alien I have no issue with your opinion but you have no fact to back up your claims. And just for the record Dick Cheney was a member of the house of representatives for the state of Wyoming and was re-elected 5 times. Then he was secretary of defense and then VP. He is a career civil servant.
edit on 15-2-2011 by pyrodude because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

He is a career civil servant.
edit on 15-2-2011 by pyrodude because: (no reason given)

With all due respect to Godwin and his law, so was Goebbels.

You speak of him being a "career civil servant" which is an interesting semantic choice as it implies a life lived caring for the people in exchange for modest pay. Far more accurate would be to call him a "career politician" complete with its implications of a life lived for his own glorification and benefit and enrichment.

The retired cop who lives down the road from me was a career civil servant. He saved lives, took bullets and brought rapists, murderers and child molesters to justice and is getting by on a modest pension.

Dick Cheney is a multi-millionaire who helped oversee the dismantling of our constitutional rights while leading us into multiple wars of choice which have exploded our debt and fattened the coffers of his corporate buddies (and his own stock portfolio along with them).
edit on 15-2-2011 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
he's an Evil, Evil man.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Real honest and patriotic Americans with nothing to hide from the people would never shy away from pointed questions like Cheney, they would step up and be very clear about what happened with no guilt and no running away.. Cheney and others never do that.. They smirk and smile, and walk away from the camera or microphone.

This shows they never worked for the people at all, but rather, for others that never represented you and me..

You see this with Al Gore a lot also and many others. They deserve beheading in my opinion..
edit on 15-2-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There's no doubt that Cheney is an absolute scumbag. but it's literally a waste of time trying to pursue him for things he hasn't done. I know it's more exciting, but it's better to concern yourself with the rather dull ways in which he was able to enrich himself and exploit the US's unbelievable capacity for self deception.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Well said. This man made Halliburton the ONLY contractor ALLOWED to do business in Iraq at the beginning of the war, including the people who lived there. Due to this regulation, warehouses full of donated materials from us to the Iraqi people were not able to be delivered. The regulations required that neighborhood relief groups (just regular folks, trying not to die) declare themselves publicly and as a business to be elligible for this aid (not from our gov't or Halliburton, but from civilian organizers all over the U.S. who gathered and paid to ship it). These regulations also required them to declare their plan of distribution ONLINE, which attracted all the baddies who like to kill people to the location of distribution. After so many instances of violence at distribution sites, do you think they decided that the requirement of advertising this info could be waved? No, they decided that the "mission" to deliver this donated aid was too dangerous and it was discontinued (leaving warehouses full of non-perishables, clothes, shoes, first aid material, etc sitting there while people grew hungrier, more desperate and angrier at U.S. troops). I recommend reading the book "Babylon by Bus" to anyone who wants to know more about the effects that W.'s and Cheney's policies had on humanitarian aid attempts in Iraq after the invasion.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What's with the woman who was THANKING him for all he's done!!?? Did we experience the same 8 years in this country?.....

The true answer to this question is very important and for very many reasons - no. No two persons experience this country or this world the same exact way. Remember that when you are making political judgements.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Regardless of how I feel about Mr. Cheney, I think this kind of "ambush reporting" is a waste of time. It might make the WeAreChange folks feel like they are fighting the good fight, but really........ what was their expectation of what Mr. Cheney would say or would react? It was unexpected, and aggressive, and he isn't required to stand there and toe-to-toe it with people who are yelling at him that he's a terrorist.

I believe a much more productive stance would be to attempt to arrange an interview, or even compiling documentation and evidence of the man's wrongdoing.

I can't imagine myself giving anyone the time of day if I had any inside information and I found myself ambushed by microphones, cameras and people who didn't seem to want to give me any time to compose my thoughts and address the questions. I think it is clearly the right of WeAreChange to do such features, as long as they aren't trespassing or assaulting anyone in the process, but I don't think it was in any way useful or productive, and more sensationalization than reporting.

My opinion.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Absolutely agree. It's faux-activism, done to make the participants feel like they're accomplishing something when in fact they're really not.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I should also add that it's interesting that the "activists" choose a mode of engagement that they must - if only subconsciously - know will not result in a reasoned debate.

Almost as though that isn't actually what they want...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Argentus has a great point that ambush journalism doesn't work.

Of course, the downside is that traditional journalism doesn't work anymore either.

The wagons have more or less been circled since Iran Contra. Loose lips and what not. Cheney has sat down for many a scheduled interview, and every single journalist who has been granted the "privelege" has been so terrified of losing future access to politicians that they have soft-balled the whole thing.

And so it goes. No one in power wants to meet with a journalist who will rip them apart. Journalists rely on access to pay the bills.

So where does that leave us? Evidence can be and has been compiled. The hideous practices of Halliburton and KBJ (or whatever their subdivision is called) are a matter of public record as are Cheney's connections to them. It's out in the open that Cheney gave juicy no-bid government contracts to companies with which he had and has personal and financial connections. He continues to walk free.

The WeAreChange yahoos are acting out in the only way that can think to anymore. Sad and pointless, but I can understand their feeling that it is the only course of action left.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

If there is clear evidence of Cheney's corruption in office why is the American justice system incapable of dealing with it ? Or is it that the evidence isn't really so hot ?

Of course, "we are change " are not much concerned with that anyway. They are accusing him of mass murder .

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
To those criticising We are Change , at least they get off their asses and try to do something .

Agressive ? Words are just Words
We are change are not part of an organization that advocates slaughter of innocents.
Agressive journalism is the Least these murderers Deserve .

But don't worry karma will catch up with those who do the work of Devils soon enough and agressive journalism will be the least of their worries .

Power to the people .
Freedom justice and equality for all .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join