It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

treasure found in France from the Cathars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hello,

Im tim from Holland and have been following all kinds of subjects on ATS and i've learnt a lot since on different fields such as conspiracies,9/11,ufo's,religions.

So in turn I would like to introduce a new (interesting) subject this concerns the finding of a complete library in a cave in france of scrolls from the Kathars hidden by them in the middle ages.
This was found found by a family who had searched for it quite some time.

I can't verify the find i the sense that I know these people a friend of mine stumbled on the site he did mention that these (secret) scrolls are being translated by a university in Leiden in the Netherlands.

this is the website it is in Duch so you will need to use google translate

kleij-online.typepad.com...

What do you think of the find.?

I would really like to know...

by the way it is Cathars of Kathars..?

greetings from Holland t
tim
edit on 15-2-2011 by timdent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by timdent

Greetings from North America.

Google English Translated Link

Haven't finished reading it yet.

Let you know when I do.

edit on 2/15/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Edit: The User of the post above beat me to translation

Just reading it now OP seems very interesting

edit on 15/2/11 by TedHodgson because: reason given

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
OK, that would be an awesome find.
A centuries old library in a cave with scrolls and books. Wow!

The scrolls are being translated?

Wow. I'll try to find out more about them.

But so far, no luck finding any info about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by timdent

This is so great and we will possibly find what the priest a Rennes le Chateau found. I tried the link for English above but it didn't work. Can someone please get that. Thank you so; much.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
OK, that would be an awesome find.
A centuries old library in a cave with scrolls and books. Wow!

The scrolls are being translated?

Wow. I'll try to find out more about them.

But so far, no luck finding any info about it.

So they claim, right? If I read the translated article correctly, they found the hidden cache but aren't telling anyone where it is and are returning next year?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Hello yes I'm having trouble finding anything out myself

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

I think you might have misread the article wrong, The Scrolls and assorted documents have been sent to a university to be studied, the location is well known

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
nice find . Very interesting stuff.whish there was more information about this But I couldn't find any.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If this is accurate, it's wonderful news. When I read the title of the thread, I got goosebumbps and a strong sense that this was very auspicious.

The Cathars were almost totally wiped out by the Pope's Inquisition, because of religious views which were considered heretical. They were peace loving, and eschewed material wealth. They became very popular in southern France and their influence was spreading rapidly before the Inquisition wiped them out. Many of them were burned alive.

As far as I know, the only known surviving documents from the Cathars are locked away in the Vatican.

This is great news.
edit on 15-2-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I heard once that Hitler thought the Holy grail was in a cathar era castle in the South of France. I forget where I read about hitler, but I am sure with a little research you can find some info.

It is an interesting "heresy." They were vegetarians, supported non violence, and anti-materialist. Provence had tacitly allowed the "heretics" to practice for generations. The papacy and the French crown saw the opportunity to end any independence of the south once and for all. They papacy was also undoubtedly unhappy by the cathars pointing out church's worldly affairs. It is a rather fascinating topic. The last cathar stronghold still stands atop a mountain in the Pyrenees. I recommend reading more about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ok, I logged in just to give you a S&F! Read the article in Dutch! Afrikaans speaking myself.
Yep she said that she, her mom and dad are the only ones who know where the caves are and will be returning.
They have not told anyone, where it's at. She's scared that the Catholic church will interfere with the find.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2011 by madleo because: Double post. Sorry!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sorry double post!

Ok, I logged in just to give you a S&F! Read the article in Dutch! Afrikaans speaking myself.
Yep she said that she, her mom and dad are the only ones who know where the caves are and will be returning.
They have not told anyone, where it's at. She's scared that the Catholic church will interfere with the find.

edit on 15-2-2011 by madleo because: Double post

new topics

top topics

join