It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masonic agenda revealed

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

We come here for the same reason as you, to seek information and truth. However, when something we hold dear is attacked, we tend to defend. Wouldn't you?

You dont come here to search for truth, you come here to try to either convert people to your ways or refute the moronic accusations made by some of the lunatic fringe conspiracy theorists... Its masons who make the threads and then support one another in their posts until someone questions the masonic way, at which point you all turn on them with sarcastic or arrogant replies. Be honest, masons love the attention. In a way you are on here attention seeking!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

this question made me think a little bit.

as masons, we are not different or better than those not in freemasonry. people who join freemasonry are good men already. we help out all people, whether it be in their quest of knowledge, mason or not. Rich or poor. if you accuse something of us we can sure tell you if it false, and tell you if it is true if it is within our bounds.

of course we will refute the crazy conspiracy claims. People who make such outrageous claims are misguided, under the delusion that we are a secret devil worshiping society. Those people need to drop all their knowledge and begin from square one. The arrogance is just a character trait of those persons. Sure they are gonna be arrogant if you don't see the evidence in front of you . for example a mason in your face saying there are no secrets in freemasonry and you reject that by saying that there are secrets in freemasonry of course he is gonna be pissed and arrogant with you just like any other person would be.
edit on 17-2-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

this question made me think a little bit.

as masons, we are not different or better than those not in freemasonry. people who join freemasonry are good men already. we help out all people, whether it be in their quest of knowledge, mason or not. if you accuse something of us we can sure tell you if it false, and tell you if it is true if it is within our bounds.

No, no, no.... As a freemason you are honour bound to look after your own. Its actually part of the masonic code (if thats the right word for it) which I find admirable. No matter what people accuse you of the sarcastic and often non sensical responses are always aimed against those asking the question... Go back through the threads. It happens time and time again.
If you're happy as a mason then it really has nothing to do with us or what we believe...that is until one of your number posts a thread saying things like- We Are Not The NWO- or- We Are Not The Illuminati... When the conspiracy theorists then question this you all turn on them like a pack of ravenous dogs. Its almost like schoolyard bullying!
If masons feel the need to post threads on here why not aim them at other fellow masons and not invite those who dont share your views to comment? I think its attention seeking...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If any person who finds themselves in destitution and needs help, including a mason, then we have an obligation to do all we can within our bounds to help. It is a tenet of freemasonry.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Personally, I believe the truly wise master this 'human nature' you use in defense. Justifying your behaviour by comparing it to a gang is not doing yourself any favours.

Blessed are those who stand solitary; blessed are those who are persecuted in their own minds.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

We come here for the same reason as you, to seek information and truth. However, when something we hold dear is attacked, we tend to defend. Wouldn't you?

You dont come here to search for truth, you come here to try to either convert people to your ways or refute the moronic accusations made by some of the lunatic fringe conspiracy theorists... Its masons who make the threads and then support one another in their posts until someone questions the masonic way, at which point you all turn on them with sarcastic or arrogant replies. Be honest, masons love the attention. In a way you are on here attention seeking!

Not the case at all. No true mason has any desire to "convert" anyone to their, or any other way of thinking.

And as Masons we are taught not to be 'attention seeking' as you would put it. The fact of the matter is: any TRUE Mason would defend the honor of Masonry as it is a beautiful benevolent fraternity which holds its members to an extremely high standard. We as Masons are proud of it, we are blessed to be Brothers. So yes, we will defend each other. But likewise, we defend the innocent, the weak (whether they are Masons or not), our governments and the laws of our nation. We defend what is right. As Masons we strive to be the best we can be, strive to lift up society and we strive to help those in need to the best of our ability.

As I have said in previous posts: visit a lodge and see for yourself. Poking and checking behind a keyboard will never give you an accurate glimpse of what Masonry is about. Nor will it give you any insight as to the quality and caliber of ACTUAL Masons.

Just remember: Anyone can claim to be a Mason on the internet. Likewise, what you read on the internet can't always be taken as gospel.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightCraft

Add a zero to the 3 and years instead of seconds then you will be closer to how long I've studied this group - long before google came to light.
Take off your blindfold! At least the Masons aren't as rude as you my dear.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Add a zero to the 3 and years instead of seconds then you will be closer to how long I've studied this group - long before google came to light.

Take off your blinders. Whatever you have been studying is WRONG. Whoops.. There goes 30 years down the tubes.

I am a Master Mason, you are not. I am not rude, simply stating facts. Take it any way you like.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightCraft

Take off your blinders. Whatever you have been studying is WRONG. Whoops.. There goes 30 years down the tubes.

I am a Master Mason, you are not. I am not rude, simply stating facts. Take it any way you like.

This is a good example of the arrogance and egotistical replies I mentioned earlier...

Your honour, the defence rests.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

A lot of what you discuss is incorrect. Verifiably incorrect. You may have studied long and hard, but you may not have been looking in the right places. It seems a bit strange that someone who has never been inside a masonic lodge has more knowledge than a member of the craft. If the only book you ever studied was the first volume of the encyclopedia, you would be very quick with answers to all things that started with A, but you might stumble a bit with information consisting of the rest of the alphabet.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightCraft

That's funny - I'm doing the same - you sound very Godly for a Master Mason.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

A lot of what you discuss is incorrect. Verifiably incorrect. You may have studied long and hard, but you may not have been looking in the right places. It seems a bit strange that someone who has never been inside a masonic lodge has more knowledge than a member of the craft. If the only book you ever studied was the first volume of the encyclopedia, you would be very quick with answers to all things that started with A, but you might stumble a bit with information consisting of the rest of the alphabet.

a) How do you know I haven't been inside a Lodge?

b) I've read ALL the books.

c) Just to let you know that C comes after B.

d) Don't throw your insecurity around Dear.

e) Everyone of you are blind to what is above you.

f) I don't think you want to know this one ....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Hi Seekeye2.

I am sure that you have read an astouding number of books on Freemasonry and I applaud you for being so thorough in your research. All books? I doubt that, however, I am not here to condesend. It is true that all the information you would ever want to know about Masonry is out there to be found. With modern technology, one can find just about anything on anything these days.
I have literally hundreds of publications on Masonry. However, the beauty of the rituals and ceremonies are not in the knowing what is happening at any particular point, but the actual experience of it. It is like reading a travel brochure before a holiday.

Now, to answer another poster, sorry to you, as I did not not your Nickname beforehand. We do not advertise or try to convert, but then nor do we hide away. We are in plan sight for all to see. All my colleagues at work know that I am a Mason. I does not bother them because I do not preach to them. If they are interested, they will come to me.

There are bad apples in every bunch, but on the whole, we are just regular people with a common interest.

Oh, Seekeye2, please, I would love to know the last on your list. Even if it is something I may not like.

edit on 18/2/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

network,

as they say: when all you have is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.. Seekeye is a perfect example of that.

To me, it is very frustrating to see people slant Masonry with these off the wall claims. You and I know how wonderful it is to sit in lodge. The good work we do and the sense of well being we all feel while at work. Too bad the rest can't see...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

because if you had sat in a lodge, you would know what really happens in there. (here is a hint, you aren't anywhere near the truth)

not much of a social life huh. I think you might have missed a few Dear. How long were you a mason for?

c) Just to let you know that C comes after B.

your alphabetical skills are astounding. You must have picked that up during all that reading.

d) Don't throw your insecurity around Dear.

never would. unlike some, I have seen the truth, it's a bit different than reading a book.

this one never gets old. Trust me, The higher ups know what they are doing. Just because we don't discuss them, doesn't mean we don't know who they are or what they do. (there are two of them who frequent this very forum) Do you know what they discuss when they meet?

f) I don't think you want to know this one ....

unless you can find a truthful item in all your comic books you have been looking through, I probably don't.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

As a Mason I'm also charged to be a good citizen, a good neighbor, and a good husband/father. I'm also instructed to help the needy whether they are a Mason or not.

a) Being in the Lodge doesn't impart knowledge of Freemasonry on you, just the array of the Lodge at the time you entered it.

b) What are "ALL the books"? Plus books only take you so far. I've experienced the actual ceremonies.

That is a dangerous assumption to post.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Have to agree with the masons on this point. Who's to say that the books you've read concerning the freemasons are telling you the truth? You're quite happy to discount the books written by masons yet seem only to happy to accept anything in a book written by an anti mason! Instead of believing what you've read or what you've been told, by either side of the argument, just use your god given common sense...
Freemasons are just normal people off the street like you and me. Why would someone like me and you who decided to be a mason sell out their own families and friends in some misguided jump for world domination? A mason, by their own admission, is no better than me or you!
If you're not a mason it all seems a little bizarre and over the top to the point that it almost borders on the ridiculous!
If you are a mason then its importance is all consuming and no matter how much we who dont understand poke fun at it, ridicule it, or highlight its faults, it wont matter to them...
Live and let live. Let the masons do what they want and as long as it doesn't hurt me and you, so be it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm going to give you a star for this. Good post.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

I'm going to give you a star for this. Good post.

Well, after all the arguing in the past it was only a matter of time before we agreed on something!

I'm all for live and let live.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The point is why is there so much conspiracy surrounding the freemasons?Where do the stories come from?And are the stories true?And how can you prove if the stories are true or not?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join