It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masonic agenda revealed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Ask yourselves this, why would so many powerfull men spend their time in such ways if there was no material gain when their time is so expensive?
Because some men value personal growth over financial gain.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Can you please explain to me briefly what personal growth you have experienced as a result of masonic membership and why you chose it over a more traditional method?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Ford, Chrysler and Olds. I should have been more specific, how do you so readily know who is and isnt a mason? Do you have a complete book of previous members available to current lodge members?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Can you please explain to me briefly what personal growth you have experienced as a result of masonic membership and why you chose it over a more traditional method?
Sure, I'll give one example, at least.

From the Entered Apprentice lecture on the Working Tools:

The Twenty-Four Inch Gauge is an instrument made use of by operative Masons to measure and lay out their work. But we, as Free and Accepted Masons, are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of dividing our time. It being divided into twenty-four equal parts, is emblematical of the twenty-four hours of the day; which we are taught to divide into three parts, whereby we find a portion for the service of God and a distressed worthy brother; a portion for our usual vocations, and a portion for refreshment and sleep.
Ok, pretty dry stuff, right? But it made me think about how I spend my time. I'm an employee of a company, a father of my children, a husband to my wife, a student at my university, and a member of my lodge (among my other various commitments.) A reminder that I should divide my time wisely, or make a stronger effort to ensure that things like family don't get overlooked when I'm trying to crank out stuff for work, was a good wakeup call.

Why did I choose it? Because it IS a traditional method, just not from a tradition I'd explored before. The lessons are allegories in the style of the ancient greek methods of instruction. In all my years of formal schooling, I've never tried that mode of learning and was curious what it would be like. I've enjoyed it quite a bit, and see it as a valuable way to teach. It's not for everything, but there are some "how to live your life" type of allegories that resonated with me.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Ford, Chrysler and Olds. I should have been more specific

No problem, although it should be noted that it did not help Oldsmobile in the long run.

how do you so readily know who is and isnt a mason? Do you have a complete book of previous members available to current lodge members?

A good place to start is Masonicinfo.com they have assembled a fairly comprehensive list of 'famous' Masons. While it is possible that they may have missed somone who may be considered famous the compilation that they have amassed is very accurate and can be verified by the home lodge of the person in question.
edit on 16-2-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Sure, I'll give one example, at least.

From the Entered Apprentice lecture on the Working Tools:

The Twenty-Four Inch Gauge is an instrument made use of by operative Masons to measure and lay out their work. But we, as Free and Accepted Masons, are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of dividing our time. It being divided into twenty-four equal parts, is emblematical of the twenty-four hours of the day; which we are taught to divide into three parts, whereby we find a portion for the service of God and a distressed worthy brother; a portion for our usual vocations, and a portion for refreshment and sleep.
Ok, pretty dry stuff, right? But it made me think about how I spend my time. I'm an employee of a company, a father of my children, a husband to my wife, a student at my university, and a member of my lodge (among my other various commitments.) A reminder that I should divide my time wisely, or make a stronger effort to ensure that things like family don't get overlooked when I'm trying to crank out stuff for work, was a good wakeup call.

Why did I choose it? Because it IS a traditional method, just not from a tradition I'd explored before. The lessons are allegories in the style of the ancient greek methods of instruction. In all my years of formal schooling, I've never tried that mode of learning and was curious what it would be like. I've enjoyed it quite a bit, and see it as a valuable way to teach. It's not for everything, but there are some "how to live your life" type of allegories that resonated with me.

Josh,

These people don't want the truth, they want some super cool real life conspiracy. If we said that we dance in footy pajamas and drink deer piss in lodge, the next week there would be all kinds of proof and crazy images to "prove it".

I think we're probably better off letting people create crazy stories. Too much time and effort is spent trying to show them the light..

I'm off to my space ship to find my baphomet bed time stories and then I am going to drink some virgin blood while playing the white album backwards. Oh, and then I am going to print some money and trade some stocks on some insider advice *wink*

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Thanks for the quick and incitefull reply, i believe there to be good and bad in all organizations within all societies but freemasonry at its heights is inconsistant with its core values and in my opinion may be easier seen from outside the organization.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

In the third video, they were talking about the guy who was shot in the head by mistake. Does anyone know what group has a ritual like that? I have never heard of that before, and I thought I saw this documentary before. Maybe I just missed that the first time.

You know as well as I that no tool of metal is allowed in the temple. What the hell was this all about?

Some clandestine bunch "playing mason?"

I cant even watch this crap. Its sensationalized anti mason trash.

I would like to know who the hell these "masons" are that are "supposedly" letting cameras into their temple.
Surely these doco's wouldn't stage this stuff with info from the net would they?

Oh no. Surely not.
edit on 16/2/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/2/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
In the third video, they were talking about the guy who was shot in the head by mistake. Does anyone know what group has a ritual like that? I have never heard of that before, and I thought I saw this documentary before. Maybe I just missed that the first time.

Originally posted by felonius
You know as well as I that no tool of metal is allowed in the temple. What the hell was this all about?

That was a New York lodge that was having a craftsmen-type club initiation that went wrong. They subsequently had their charter pulled as I know a Mason that was in their lodge.

In my opinion is was just plain stupid. As a firearms owner the first lesson you learn is that it is not a toy.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Guess that leaves the question, how hard would it be to accidentally shake someones hand in a masonic way? Could you do it accidentally?
Pretty easy. In fact, I'd almost guantee you've done it yourself at some point. We really don't use the handshakes for recognition anymore. Now days the best way to find out if someone you meet is a Mason is to ask them for their dues card.

I know what you mean. I've actually done it! The thumb pressing on the knuckle shake... Its why I asked basically. Here in Blighty I've also been told theres a certain sentence to say to police who pull you over that, if they are a mason, will get you off or at least will get you a fair hearing.
I've never truly believed that freemasons are the evil doers that some will have you believe. I do, however, believe that you delight in the mystery and secrecy angle, and use it to the max to intreague and perhaps attract new members. In all honesty, if you were all Luciferians, had annuall sacrifices and conjured up the devil I'd be more likely to join!
Don't know what that says about me..?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the quick and incitefull reply, i believe there to be good and bad in all organizations within all societies but freemasonry at its heights is inconsistant with its core values and in my opinion may be easier seen from outside the organization.
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. I just hold that if these so called evil leaders were in such diametric opposition to the values of the majority, then they could neither be considered Mason, nor could they have any power over the rest of us who are doing good.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hey Josh , thanks for your reply regarding Ron Paul .
However someone on ats believes that he wouldn't have been part of the texas lodge.

" But I suppose you are looking in the wrong state. Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity in PA is where you need to be looking. Try around Gettysburg where Ron went to college before he transferred to Duke. Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity is a Cross and Crescent organization formed by a Master Mason by the name "Mason" during the 1930's from what I read. Check their archives for initiations for a Ron Paul between 1950-1960, more especially around 1957 and you should find your answer"

Is this correct Josh , The source is no longer a mason which is why i'm asking you as i know your are still a member of the craft .

Thanks .

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
" But I suppose you are looking in the wrong state. Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity in PA is where you need to be looking. Try around Gettysburg where Ron went to college before he transferred to Duke. Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity is a Cross and Crescent organization formed by a Master Mason by the name "Mason" during the 1930's from what I read. Check their archives for initiations for a Ron Paul between 1950-1960, more especially around 1957 and you should find your answer"

Is this correct Josh , The source is no longer a mason which is why i'm asking you as i know your are still a member of the craft .
Firstly, college fraternities have nothing to do with Masonry, other than perhaps being inspired by or trying to mimic some of the Masonic ritual and/or secrecy.

That being said, if he had joined a PA lodge in college, and if Masonry was important to him, he would have applied for affiliation in a local lodge when he moved to Texas so that he could stay active. There's no indication he ever did so.

Is it possible he joined a lodge 50-60 years ago and hasn't set foot in one sense? Sure, anything's possible. But that would make any claims today of him being a Mason moot.

(Generally, to join a lodge, you must be a resident of that lodge's jurisdiction for a certain period of time prior to petitioning for membership. If one were to be an endowed or life member of a lodge, then move to another state, and never set foot in another lodge, I'm not sure how that would be classified, to be honest. It probably doesn't come up that often, because those who are that active in the craft would probably want to join up with the lodge in their new town to have that support network of brotherhood and camaraderie.)
edit on 2011.2.17 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

(Generally, to join a lodge, you must be a resident of that lodge's jurisdiction for a certain period of time prior to petitioning for membership. If one were to be an endowed or life member of a lodge, then move to another state, and never set foot in another lodge, I'm not sure how that would be classified, to be honest. It probably doesn't come up that often, because those who are that active in the craft would probably want to join up with the lodge in their new town to have that support network of brotherhood and camaraderie.)
edit on 2011.2.17 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

That is correct in most cases in regards to residency requirements, in my jurisdiction it is one year. In my lodge we have a total of 5 perpetual life members. One of which is a Past Master of a Canadian lodge, which he considers his home lodge. However, he has been given dispensation to affiliate with our lodge without demitting as he spends parts of the the year in each place.

If the man were a life member and never visited lodge again, I would think of him as being affiliated but inactive. If he were not a life member or a dues paying member, he would be an unaffiliated Mason.

I do not think it to be too unreasonable to find any Brother who is traveling or relocating wanting to help the local lodge by affiliating.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
On this forum I've read extensive and justifiable criticisms of all religions, and in most cases the defense seems to have at least some substance. The manner of defense that is conducted in the name of Freemasonry seems to be as vague as their declaration of obtained wisdom. How can you possibly make a credible defense of all Freemasonry, when by the very nature of your 'club', you don't even know the secrets told to members of higher degrees? Offering automatic support for people you've never met, just because they're your 'brother' is blind loyalty. And if you're blind - how do you know where your being lead?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

no. you wouldn't understand. . there is a reason why we would defend each other so blindly. only masons understand masons

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
On this forum I've read extensive and justifiable criticisms of all religions, and in most cases the defense seems to have at least some substance. The manner of defense that is conducted in the name of Freemasonry seems to be as vague as their declaration of obtained wisdom. How can you possibly make a credible defense of all Freemasonry, when by the very nature of your 'club', you don't even know the secrets told to members of higher degrees? Offering automatic support for people you've never met, just because they're your 'brother' is blind loyalty. And if you're blind - how do you know where your being lead?

That claim is erroneous. Quite simply, there is NO higher degree than the 3rd degree of a Master Mason. All of the degrees in appendant bodies are SYMBOLIC. Thus, offering no 'secrets' as you like to call them. Lessons in morality, yes. And anyone with some common sense can learn to improve themselves morally. Masons just have a unique system of doing so within each respective body.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

no. you wouldn't understand. . there is a reason why we would defend each other so blindly. only masons understand masons

Well, if that's true why do you all waste your time posting threads on here trying to get your message across to those who still believe you're not all you say you are!?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

All clubs, groups, gangs, teams protect their own. It is human nature. We are all members of a Brotherood. Of course we are going to rally, as you would in our case or in your case to prtect something you hold dear. Or at least I hope that you would.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

We come here for the same reason as you, to seek information and truth. However, when something we hold dear is attacked, we tend to defend. Wouldn't you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join