It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masonic agenda revealed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I can say that it's not been revealed by this show and that in anything with millions of members you'll have a privileged few that have there own agenda that's not in sync necessarily with there members ideas of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

How is freemasonry a cult again? Wait a second. You also call it a social club. Which one is it?
edit on 16-2-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

Its a cult, in my opinion because it is strange, relies totally on ritual practises and devotes its time to a worshipping a supreme being without caring who that supreme being really is. They get you reliant and in some cases dependent on the leaders and fellow members by buttering you up and making you feel like you belong. But that comes at a price although I dont know how much it costs to stay a member within the cult. You're welcome as long as you can afford it! So you could argue that there is a certain amount of manipulation taking place. You could also argue that some religions exhibit the same characteristics.
And my local masonic hall is also a social club although a social club only available to members and their families so your point about, cult or social club-which is it?- is moot...
I'm not necessarily using the word, cult, in a bad or derogatory way, its just the way I see it. I'm sure I'll get lambasted and masons will now queue up to find fault with what I say but thats okay.
I say again, freemasons are not evil luciferians, they are not part of the NWO or shape shifting lizard thingies... They are just ordinary people who find comfort and solice by surrounding themselves with people of a similar persuasion... their brothers!
If it works for them, good luck to them.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Its a cult, in my opinion because it is strange, relies totally on ritual practises and devotes its time to a worshipping a supreme being without caring who that supreme being really is.

There is no worship taking place in a Masonic Lodge. The indivdual members utlize their own time to have their relationship with God.

They get you reliant and in some cases dependent on the leaders and fellow members by buttering you up and making you feel like you belong.

How so? What would make another person dependent upon the lodge leadership?

But that comes at a price although I dont know how much it costs to stay a member within the cult. You're welcome as long as you can afford it!

My lodge is $95 per year. If someone does not have that then they have larger issues to worry about besides joining the Masons. For older members of the lodge on fixed incomes we drastically reduce their annual dues.

So you could argue that there is a certain amount of manipulation taking place. You could also argue that some religions exhibit the same characteristics.

What type of manipulation? Examples please.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

"What type of manipulation? Examples please. " quote.

I belong to a social club. To get access to the snooker tables, dart boards, tables, the concerts at the weekend, even the company of my friends, I have to pay £10 annually which is not a great deal but you could argue that I'm being manipulated to pay it purely to be with my friends... perhaps coerced might be a better choice of words!? Since the lodges are very clannish, and the want or in some cases, need, to be with people of a similar persuasion and belief system is strong, than you could say they are charging you to be with your friends, or as you call them brothers.
When you keep receiving unconditional love, attention and acceptance from a group of people the need to be with them must be strong. We are all manipulated in one way or another...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Can you confirm whether Ron Paul is a mason please ?
If so since when and which lodge ?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

To get access to the snooker tables, dart boards, tables, the concerts at the weekend, even the company of my friends, I have to pay £10 annually which is not a great deal but you could argue that I'm being manipulated to pay it purely to be with my friends... perhaps coerced might be a better choice of words!?

That is your example? Let me ask you a few questions: How does your club maintain itself without charging dues? Why are you coerced, is someone forcing you to join? Why not leave if you feel that there is coercion involved?

Since the lodges are very clannish..

(You assume)

and the want or in some cases, need, to be with people of a similar persuasion and belief system is strong...

There are members of several different belief systems in my lodge and numerous persuassions.

..than you could say they are charging you to be with your friends, or as you call them brothers.

Once again, the dues go to support the physical structure of the lodge. I frequently meet with other members of the lodge at either my house or their's where our families get together. We go to fishing, hiking or biking together, all of which are free-or as close to free as there is. We have gone to the beach as a group which is also typically free. The amount of things I do with the people I met in lodge that costs me nothing far outstrips the $95 a year I spend to meet twice a month for lodge.

When you keep receiving unconditional love, attention and acceptance from a group of people the need to be with them must be strong.

You make it sound like everyones life would collapse if it were not for Masonry. ALL of us had lives prior to being Masons.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

His father was a Mason. I personally like Senator Paul, I find that I am inline with many of his views.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think mason is all about brotherhood and working together to accomplish impossible feats.

So when you get into masonry, you will just naturally fall into whatever secret groups fit your own personality and "pick you up"- whether it be the charitable working group building houses and spurring community growth, or the secret group trying to take over the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

His father was a Mason. I personally like Senator Paul, I find that I am inline with many of his views.

But he isn't a mason right ?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that he was pictured giving a masonic handshake!!!
Guess that leaves the question, how hard would it be to accidentally shake someones hand in a masonic way? Could you do it accidentally?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by spikey

Okay. Basically, the Masonic agenda is to become a better person in order to offer hope and relief to his fellows and to become a better member of society, whist remaining mindful of his obligation to God.

And, that's it?

So why all the secrecy?

Why all the oaths that you will be dis-emboweled if you reveal anything?

Why the meeting places with no windows?

Why the aprons and goofy hats?

Why the desire to dominate commerce?

Just wondering....:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

As far as I know he is not.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

reply to post by spikey

Okay. Basically, the Masonic agenda is to become a better person in order to offer hope and relief to his fellows and to become a better member of society, whist remaining mindful of his obligation to God.

And, that's it?

no, but that's the basic answer. It's much more spiritual than that on a personal level for some.

So why all the secrecy?

replace secrecy with privacy and you have your answer.

Why all the oaths that you will be dis-emboweled if you reveal anything?

as a reminder to yourself all the things you promised to do, or not to do. They are symbolic, like the rest of the lessons learned.

see #2

Why the aprons and goofy hats?

the aprons are part of the lessons. Symbolic as well. Craft masonry has no hats. Shriners and Scottish Rite do as well as some other side orders. (except the master, and he gets to pick his hat)

Why the desire to dominate commerce?

I don't think that is a common desire to my knowledge. You might want to find out how many members are actually verifiable masons. On this site, everyone's a mason until they prove otherwise depending on whom you ask.

Just wondering....:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'm sure I'll get lambasted and masons will now queue up to find fault with what I say but thats okay.
No, I've followed most of the threads on Masonry that you've participated in, and I don't think I recall a single ATS Mason refuting your calling us a harmless social club. We're not denying that. I think most of us would argue there's a bit more to it than that, but I don't think we've jumped on you for calling it that. Again, at least not that I recall.
edit on 2011.2.16 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Guess that leaves the question, how hard would it be to accidentally shake someones hand in a masonic way? Could you do it accidentally?
Pretty easy. In fact, I'd almost guantee you've done it yourself at some point. We really don't use the handshakes for recognition anymore. Now days the best way to find out if someone you meet is a Mason is to ask them for their dues card.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Why don't movie theaters or theaters for stage & plays have windows?
  1. You want to control how much light & distraction from outside gets in.
  2. You want to keep people out who haven't paid for a ticket to see the show.
Sinister, eh?
edit on 2011.2.16 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

As far as I know he is not.
He's not. I have friends who've checked with the Grand Lodge of Texas.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by spikey

Looks like we better keep an eye on these people then. Can you imagine what could happen if they're able to spread this secret agenda to the population at large? The mind boggles!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Throughout my personal endeavours dealing with masons, the ones who are willing to discuss their fraternal practices and beliefs do not know the truth.
The few who do know do not speak on the matter. Unless of course it is for disinfo material such as this particular documentary.
Ask yourselves this, why would so many powerfull men spend their time in such ways if there was no material gain when their time is so expensive? Oh and most ATS members are fully aware that the worlds powerful elite are corrupted. Just use the example of the founders of the motor industry as an example, a masonic president in power at the same time as the three motor industries were founded by masons.
This stinks of corruption, and is another example their true intentions is monetary gain.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Oh and most ATS members are fully aware that the worlds powerful elite are corrupted. Just use the example of the founders of the motor industry as an example, a masonic president in power at the same time as the three motor industries were founded by masons.

Where do you get you history from?

Besides the inaccuracy of stating the 'three motor industries' where there were indeed numerous, you have many other glaring errors.

General Motors Corporation was not fully constituted until 1916 when it emerged from bankruptcy and its primary founder, William Durant, who had been ousted at that point, was consequently not a Mason. The President at that time was Woodrow Wilson, also not a Mason.

The Chrysler Corporation was founded in 1925 by Walter Chrysler after reorginizing a predeccesor company. He was indeed a Mason but the President at the time, Calvin Coolidge, was most certainly not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join