It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

john titor dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i found this yesterday after doing a search on google concerning "world-line vs time-line", i think that this will prove interresting for some. another "man" calling himself TimeTravel_1 claims the death of john titor. i'll paste the first post here :

The Death of John Titor.
03/21/04 09:21 PM (68.18.36.235)

Three days ago John Titor died. In his final words he asked that the "Time Travel Institue" from the year 2036 (2000-2001 your time) be notified of his death and told this. The Unix problem had been fixed and that his mission was a total success. John also asked that you be told that he would need someone who would follow an order till he or she died to seek him out. In this world John is only 6 currently. I cannot disclose where exactly he lives but if you find out, when the wars come very soon you will have a place of safe being. Let this be known to all.

Dolph Acimsli

this is the link to the board :

www.timetravelinstitute.com...

i find that thread very interesting even if jt was a fraud. look for yourselves and comment in it if you want to.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No... gods... like some sort of EvilZombiePlague, the fictitious John Titor will keep coming back and coming back and coming back....

I predict new predictions will be "unearthed" from him, and "new information" will be "discovered." Someone with more energy than I should time-search this and backtrack the hoax to its originators.

(his line about Unix dying is absolutly the stupidest concept ever (and I say this as a computer geek. It's like saying that the world will come to a shrieking halt because nobody has a copy of DOS 2.0 or Windows 3.11))

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'd be more interested in Time Traveling Prostitutes. derr I mean yeah wtf, there is no unix in the future? So he came back to spread it on p2p? whats the deal with the unix problem? I was never really into ready the fiction of titor.

Because if I was able to time travel I would win every contest I could and every lotto drawing through my lotto claims mules. With my new trillion dollar fortune I'd conquer the earth.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yea, that and if this guy was a timetraveler why would he die?...he could find out about his death and avoid that day like the...well,... it IS the plague.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
But if he dies in the past, he doesn't really die? So he is really a fictional 6 yr old kiddie now, watch out now, planet x is arriving it was just delayed from it's march 2003 arrival.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
forget it, if you haven't read the whole thread i posted, don't bother posting in this one

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Someone should invite that Dolphin guy here so we can humiliate. If nt Im registering and taking to Dolph

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey, I managed to find a photo of him!! I think it's him on the back seat here:

Sorry couldn't resist!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
he he. very funny. i just don't know if anything is real about this story.... probably not, but if people is ever going to lay this matter ro rest, the claims has to be further researched.
edit: the claims in the threads on that board is what needs to be further researched.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by darkspace]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I did start looking into it, but things like the shocking piece of 'evidence' like the laser beam being bent put me off from wasting my time trawling through pages and pages of 'clutching at straws'. If it's true then why make up lies like that to back it up.. Anyone with a bit of common sense could see that was rubbish. If it all starts coming true then I might actually bother reading it..

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
BEHOLD THE POWER OF PHOTOCHOP

Photoshop Phriday

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

(his line about Unix dying is absolutly the stupidest concept ever (and I say this as a computer geek. It's like saying that the world will come to a shrieking halt because nobody has a copy of DOS 2.0 or Windows 3.11))

You're dead wrong there man. Unix does have a date bug due to an unsigned 32-bit counter, that will cause trouble in 2036. There is plenty of time to fix this before then, unless Titor was real/right.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

You're dead wrong there man. Unix does have a date bug due to an unsigned 32-bit counter, that will cause trouble in 2036. There is plenty of time to fix this before then, unless Titor was real/right.

Remember y2gay?

Now a video of a laser bending might hold more credence, but in this digital age I cannot trust simple photographs, hell I don't even bother with ufo photos. Video is more trustworthy these days but I feel soon it'll be hard to tell the hoaxes even on film.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
well it didn't take long for him to get tripped up.

posted by drak

How did you get back to THIS timeline TT1?

posted by TimeTravel1

Drak: I came through a timemachine of course.

that just says to me that whoever has posted this isn't really that informed on john titors explainations on timetravel and timelines.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Three days ago John Titor died. In his final words he asked that the "Time Travel Institue" from the year 2036 (2000-2001 your time) be notified of his death and told this. The Unix problem had been fixed and that his mission was a total success. John also asked that you be told that he would need someone who would follow an order till he or she died to seek him out. In this world John is only 6 currently. I cannot disclose where exactly he lives but if you find out, when the wars come very soon you will have a place of safe being. Let this be known to all.

This is S.O.P. for hoaxers. They just can't help themselves. For some reason they are ending it or setting up "the next chapter".

If they're smart this'll be the last we hear of it before Warner Brothers or Universal options it, if they can sell it that is.

This Summer! Based on the Internet Phenomena that swept the globe the story of a Time Traveler sent to save the world and have a chat with his mother....coming in August Keanu Reeves is....JOHN TITOR in:

"Whoa! I know time traveling!"

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Remember y2gay?

Why yes i do. I re-wrote many thousands of lines of COBOL to help avoid the problem.

The major issue with the whole y2k bug was that it got blown way out of proportion. People thinking stop lights and cars and such would simply stop working, and that's a load of bull.
I'll tell ya though, there were some VERY scared financial companies in 1999.

Now a video of a laser bending might hold more credence, but in this digital age I cannot trust simple photographs, hell I don't even bother with ufo photos. Video is more trustworthy these days but I feel soon it'll be hard to tell the hoaxes even on film.

What does this have to do with the 2036 UNIX bug?

(PS- i almost forgot about the 2038 bug in UNIX as well. on 01/19/2038 the number of seconds from 1970 till then will overflow a signed 32-bit counter, but again, there is plenty of time to fix this unless titor was real and/or right)

[edit on 15-7-2004 by negativenihil]

[edit on 15-7-2004 by negativenihil]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Re the movie: Spider if'n you're gonna go around giving Fox Network and so forth those kinda eye-deahs, Ah'm just gonna have to hurt ya wif' Banshee's chair move-thingy (as soon as she teaches it to me and as soon as I lift enough weights so I can throw a chair.)

Negativenihil... yep, that's the one. But, honestly, can you imagine anyone keeping around 32 bit Unix as an OS for another 25 years? I mean, seriously???

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What does this have to do with the 2036 UNIX bug?

absofarkinglutely nothing, that was in refference to the photo of the laser being bent...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

absofarkinglutely nothing, that was in refference to the photo of the laser being bent...

Sorry, my bad

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We discussed the whole laser thing before, I posted about it in one thread and Kano started a whole thread starting with that in it:

If the light from the laser was bending, all the light would be bending proportionally hence the laser beam would still appear to be straight... If not this there would be a weird and marvellous distortion effect showing a hell of a lot more then just a bent laser beam.. It was a cute idea but when you thing about the physics behind it, pretty lame I must say!! Would probably keep a 5th grader stumped but that's about it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join