It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i wake up mom and dad?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You can lead a horse to drink, but you can't make him water.

If you push people may be repelled. Plant little seeds and they may grow. You are dealing with personal mental landscapes that were seeded long ago, and had years of Big Brothers rain, fertilizer and careful manicuring.

'Etch away at the stone' is a proven method.

If you all dine together and enjoy dinner conversation, mention one thing of interest and seem if interest is piqued. To start right off with SHTF panic or NWO conspiracy talk is way too much.

Lead by example. Show your parents you are responsible and aware by what you say and do. I would share that I saw a documentary about emergency aftermaths and noticing that those who had some things on the ready fared more well than those who failed to plan. The follow-through actions would be to make sure your dwelling has working smoke alarms. Have candles, flashlights & fire extinguishers kept in known places. A properly stocked medical emergency kit should be in the home too.

Next may be to secure the dwelling for emergencies: extra stored water & food and a well-equipped bug-out bag.

As time is passing your folks will see you being responsible. Their confidence will increase in your words, just take it slow sharing what you have learned. Conquer the mind and the body will follow.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

IMHO your post is one of the most well thought-out and intelligent replies I've seen on ATS. kudos.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fixedworld

Hi my friend.
I dont think we Have to wake up our parents !
All we have to do is share KNOWLEDGE with them and all loved ones _
They can make of it what they want , As long as you prepare them , when it looks like what you have told them is becoming true they will wake up alright !
Keep updating the knowledge you give them remember not everyone gets it straight away.
They have to want to wake up ,
If you reverse the role , your parents used to say to you , " you'll understand why we said this when you are older" same MAY apply to them .

For maybe the 1st time in history you could say sons and daughters have a better grasp of life than their guardians .

My parents dont quite get it yet but i will NEVER stop informing them whether they believe or not ! lol

edit on 15-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

noones flagged this thread let me remedy that .
edit on 15-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Get a copy of zeitgeist, And make them watch it..

um dude, he want's to wake his parents up; not blow their minds to smithereens

"uhh Mom, Dad,... EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE IS A LIE!!!!" [very wrong approach IMO]

start gradual the older your folks are the worse being stripped of their illusions is going be; start by pointing out lies from the system in a "rational" manner, leave old books like the Varieties of Religious Experience, anything by Eric Fromm [re authoritarianism], or Wylie, which they will be more inclined to look through and borrow than McKenna or Icke. this way they will be thinking their child is using his/her brain and not our child's been brainwashed into a cult/has gone full blown paranoid.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i'm 16 and been trying to 'wake up' my parents for 2 years now to no avail simply because my mum doesn't give a sh!t about anything other than herself and the family oh and paper that has numbers written on it. My dad on the other hand is intelligent but is soooooo damn ignorant! And to top that off he is the most stubborn mule on the entire farm! So trying to make them listen to what i have to say is hard enough so trying to show them a documentary is a no no I have tried small chunks of info. and still do but i have no idea what affect, if any, it is having on them.
And to top all that off some more, my dad believes I'M the brainwashed one!

Can anyone give me any more help on this matter?
edit on 15/2/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Exactly. Sometimes, when a person comes to a profound realization, they want everyone they know to have the same realization. In haste they make their arguements loudly, and the conversation quickly becomes a sermon. People, in general, do not respond well when they feel like they are being talked down to. Plus if you won't allow people to participate in the conversation and make your points in a rational manner, they will start to think you are crazy. They will also blame others with the same view for the change in your personality.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
i'm 16 and been trying to 'wake up' my parents for 2 years now to no avail simply because my mum doesn't give a sh!t about anything other than herself and the family oh and paper that has numbers written on it. My dad on the other one is intelligent and but is soooooo damn ignorant! And to top that off he is the most stubborn mule on the entire farm! So trying to make my listen to what i have to say is hard enough so trying to show them a documentary is a no no I have tried small chunks of info. and still do but i have no idea what affect, if any, it is having on them.
And to top all that off some more, my dad believe I'M the brainwashed one!

Any more help on this matter?

Can i ask how you woke them up, cause that might have been a big factor.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Nooo the point is i haven't woke them up yet i have been trying but i'm stuck as to what to do. Just realized some of what i typed didn't make sense but that's fixed up now

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Show them a documentary

Otherwise just forget about it, cause they probably already googled some of the things you where talking about and decided it wasnt in line with there everyday lifes. you feel me? they know it is there

i sometimes send my dad videos about consciousness or other exciting things. to make him think out of the box.
and hope that it reflects on how he sees the news, and rethink what he reads in the papers.

edit on 15-2-2011 by fixedworld because: mispelled

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The video "This is an Orange" is the one that woke me up.

It is just a short little one, but proved something was significantly wrong. It still took a lot of other information to get my head around all the who, what, why, how, could the government be that evil? To help slam dunk the issue this is my best recommendation is "9/11 Blueprint for truth"

Google Video Link

As for the topics of mind control and aliens it does get deeper and covered by a lot of black ops stuff. 9/11 is a relatively simple one to get your head around as there is a lot of evidence available to discredit the official story and a better one to start with.
edit on 15-2-2011 by kwakakev because: edited video link

edit on 15-2-2011 by kwakakev because: added space

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
OK, so all of these organizations are out there and might be controlling or influencing various aspects of teh US government and others as well. what do you propose to do? These people have been doing this for hundreds of years and are completely in-grained. I understand that we should enlighten others but exactly what can we do about it? move to some island and start a new? I guarantee you that greed, corruption, coersion and profiteering will follow you where ever you go.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixedworld
You might be right, but you can plant the seeds and then they can make the conclusion to take a bigger look or to maintain.

Agreed.. seed planting is the only tool. If the ground is fertile it will take, if not it will lay in wait for a time when conditions may improve.

I'd say the OP has done plenty seed casting already

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Do not wake the sleepwalkers, that is said to be dangerous.
Live your life and enjoy yourself, do your preps and let people see your work in action.
People naturally are jealous of others fortune and happiness, that said they may see your enjoyement and wish to emulate the things you do.
They will naturally figure out why you do what you do and VOILA!! instant truther, just add truth.
And if not, i hear dying in your sleep is painless, just remember them as good people.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixedworld
reply to post by leaualorin

Yeah but again if you are 15 and you are trying to tell your parents about these things they might think your are getting loony

and thats not a good first insight.

Perhaps you should entertain the possibility that your parents are waiting for YOU to wake up. Your first insight is the simplist explanation. Really. How do you know all this you have come to believe is true at all? Have you ever met a conspiracy you didn't like? David Icke and reptilians? Do you actually believe that? What put you in a position to know better than anyone else the naturre of reality and truth? Are you just really smart? Do you have access to infiormation that no on elese does? Do you have a secret decoder ring?

I think you need to ask yourself why you believe "everything is a lie." Watching documentaries put on by raving lunatics is not a good answer. We'll be siding with your parents on this one. Good luck to them.
edit on 2/15/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I dont know what you meant by that, but im 24 and have been wake for many years.
this thread is meant for the new awakened

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If you can't tell by the comments so far, It is very hard to try to get people to see things they either don't believe in, are scared of, and goes against everything they have been taught.

People have to put things together for themselves. They have to see hard evidence that makes them start asking questions about what they believe.

I will use a couple of cliches, a person convinced against their will is unconvinced still, and the only thing that really changes a person is a significant emotional event.

They have to be shocked by themselves.

You can throw little tidbits, but make sure they are something they can put their finger on and not dismiss it as lunatic fringe.

I think a good start is something that can't be explained is interesting, not scary, and could make people start asking questions on their own. When they start Googling on their own, your break in period is over.

I think the following are things that could make you question the official past.

Out Of Place Artifacts

If you look into "out of place artifacts - OOPARTS" you will find some pretty amazing things.

Ask them if the have heard of the Voynich Manuscript.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember - some people like it just the way things are, don't forget that. Know when to not push your beliefs on someone.
edit on 15-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I am sooooo sorry, i did not read further.
I now see you stated you were 15, this open another opportunity!!
ALL parents love their children, trust me i have 6 that i do not always get along with but i WOULD kill for at a seconds notice.
Here is the plan, you prep a bugout/survival/disaster bag.
Yeah i know only the crazy's do that but here is the angle.
In the N. Kalifornia valley we really don't have much in the way of disasters but earthquakes are possible anywhere so, we will make an earthquake preparedness bag.
Complete with water food, clothes, shelter, crescent wrench, (for turning off the gas, remember we are looking at all of the angles) water shutoff and gas shutoff diagrams. Etc.
Now ask the folks for a flashlight or something else that is small in cash value, then later on another small value item, let them ask you what it is for.
Explain to them you have seen recent videos of catastrophe and that some of the smallest prblems that have killed or cost people hugely financial could have been avoided with just a small preparation.
Put your kit together under the guise of just prepping for a "natural disaster, if your parents can ease your pain, or calm your fears they will. it is what we rents strive to do, it is what we live for in a nutshell.
Seeing that you want to be a responsible individual @ the age of 15 should make your folks squeak with joy!!
Therefore they should help you attain this goal, ask them to help you look for the best route out of the house "an escape plan" ask where the shutoffs are ask them for help in doing this task.
Now realizing that their "kid" wants to spend time with them this should also make em giggle like a lil girl at prom, and best of all it is of small or no monetary input.
All along the way they just may catch the bug, and if in the end they do not, you have made provisions for them and you being the "child" can say...."I TOLD YOU SO"!!!

Hope it helps.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

David Icke and reptilians

The only conspiracy the debunkers ever mention ! Out of all of them .
Who knows if there is such a thing as reptilians ? You or I have no clue .
Remember Icke has people come to Him telling their accounts , he is just the messenger .

The nwo is real those who deny it are clueless OR have nwo as their agenda .
There is no time left to Debate Only Act.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Leave mom and dad alone.
They're old and need their sleep.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I know the scared person you speak of.
My wife sees what i do and knows why she knows that all is not peaches and cream yet when i attempt to discuss such things she generally responds "i don't wanna talk about it" it is scary but with some preps we can make the worst of times alot more liveable.
But yeah some people know the wolf is at the door and rather than grab the shotgun, just pray that the door/lock hold.
Me, i'm a Mossberg sort of guy!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join