It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timelapse from my front window

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
here is another one from the other front window facing east. there was a flash flood that hit melbournes eastern suburbs on the 16/02/11 this is basically the tail end of that storm. caught over an 8 hour period i started at about 3pm and battery ran out around 12am. hope you like it the clouds look menacing to say the least. who says the weather doesnt have personality.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

Very nice.

I love the beginning of that, with the 2 layers of clouds moving perpendicular to each other.
Around the 40 second mark, it didn't last long, but somewhat blocking out the trees and only looking at the clouds gave me sort of an underwater feel. I'm gonna watch it again in full screen.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by tim3lord

Very nice.

I love the beginning of that, with the 2 layers of clouds moving perpendicular to each other.
Around the 40 second mark, it didn't last long, but somewhat blocking out the trees and only looking at the clouds gave me sort of an underwater feel. I'm gonna watch it again in full screen.

Absolutely. The perpendicular cloud movement really gives me a perspective of the different layers of atmosphere we have, the speed of movement plus the height. plus it looks cool.

i would highly recommend watching it in full screen on 1080p or at the very least 720p i especially like the part where the storm cloud rolls in like the surf on a beach and dumps the rain.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Love the timelapse !

I have a canon myself, (500D) and i definetly have to try that as well.

Its quite sad that they do not have a built-in Timer functionality.

Or do they have ? Maybe accessible with a little hack ?
What kind of remote timer do you use ?

Thanks for sharing and
Thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

as a matter of fact i do use a timer. its called 'Giga T Pro' you can pick up a canon one but its too expensive and the giga t does the job perfectly. its made by a company called hahnel.

and i think the 5D mkII has a built in timer but my 7D does not

still im using the timer on my spare 40D i use the 7D for actual photo shoots only.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
thanks tim3lord, seems like i have to get another gadget :-)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

trust me its fully worth it. its given me more back than the money i have spent on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join