It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timelapse from my front window

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
hey guys did this time lapse with my canon 7D and made a little video. not sure where this would fit but since it shows quite a bit of cloud movement i figure here is as good a place as any. if it needs to be moved im sure a mod will be kind enough to accommodate me.

it took about 9-10 hours and was roughly 6 to 8 shots a second. its a crap load of pictures. anyway just thought you guys would enjoy it.

edit to add best viewed in 720p full screen for maximum effect. its a 18MP cam so the detail is crazy
edit on 15-2-2011 by tim3lord because: boogers taste funny

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
watch at around 13 seconds
shooting star? plane?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

Very nice, i have always wanted to do some timelapse photography.

Can you give me more info on how it is done please. Camera Settings, memory required, general setup please!

vvV

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

its a plane. shooting star would move too fast for the long exposure required to expose the low light settings.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

im using a 32 gig memory card with standard battery. it only last about 8 or 9 hours not sure when it runs out as im asleep. you will also require a remote timer. i set the cam to self determine the exposure and shutter speed in order to always be perfectly exposed and let the camera do its thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Thats amazing, thanks for sharing

I love the way the clouds are when the Sun rises towards the end

edit on 15/2/11 by boo1981 because: I know its not the Sun....its the Moon! Silly me

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981

Im pretty sure that is what some people refer to as the moon.

I agree with you though, that was my favorite part too.

Nice pics

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

thats actually the moon. because im using long shutter speeds to capture as much light as possible the light the moon reflects off the sun actually flares out and makes it look like the sun. its amazing how much light there really is even at night. must be how an owl sees.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hehe Blond moment sorry.
I actually watched it again and did realise it was the Moon.

Edit: I wont change my post to say Moon, i'll let people have a giggle!

edit on 15/2/11 by boo1981 because: silly me!

edit on 15/2/11 by boo1981 because: still being blond

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Hehe Blond moment sorry.
I actually watched it again and did realise it was the Moon.

Edit: I wont change my post to say Moon, i'll let people have a giggle!

edit on 15/2/11 by boo1981 because: silly me!

edit on 15/2/11 by boo1981 because: still being blond

its an honest mistake, all my family and friends thought it was the sun too.

if you actually watch it in 720P and watch carefully you can see quite a bit of activity going on. like neighbors coming and going.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

Nice job.... amazing how far technology had advanced and made it to the average person.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Nice job! Do some more! It's kind of amazing, you sleep, you got to work and the world just keeps on spinning! It's nice to watch the full progression. Maybe you'll catch something interesting one of these nights! Thanks OP for sharing.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I thought the changing weather pattern was especially interesting. The clouds moved left to right at first and then the winds changed so they moved top to bottom. Nice. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I thought the changing weather pattern was especially interesting. The clouds moved left to right at first and then the winds changed so they moved top to bottom. Nice. Thanks.

Yeah it's pretty interesting to see the different layers of clouds too keep an eye on the height of the clouds.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
thanks so much for posting this video i just loved watching the cloud movement and the moon was amazing id love to see this done again~~

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

thanks, yeah i have another video of the same spot but it doesnt go for as long ill post it up later if i have the time

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Nice work and not a single chemtrail to be seen.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

australia is chemtrail free as far as i know. we do get the occasional rocket trail or something across the sky but its very isolated and nothing conspiratorial.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Where is this taken? Do you live in the vicinity of an airport, military base? On what date did this occur, exact time frame. Sorry, face value is not enough. At least not for me.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhateverHappens
Where is this taken? Do you live in the vicinity of an airport, military base? On what date did this occur, exact time frame. Sorry, face value is not enough. At least not for me.

?????????????????? huh? what are you talking about???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join