It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The threat of ultra-conservatism in America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is the Liberal Left Wing plan for America....

Actually you are BOTH right! The Liberal Left Wing AND the Conservative Right Wing BOTH want to remove our personal liberties because they are Both run by the global elite. I just wish everyone would wake up and figure that out.

Look at the actual facts and not the labels and you will see the American people are nothing but ping pong balls batted between two paddles where the ball gets slapped around and only the paddles win.

Clinton ratifies the World Trade Organization, the North American Free trade Association, brought China into the WTO and allowed repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act and passage of several banking laws leading to the present economic collapse.

Bush allowed passage the Patriot Act and got us into wealth sucking wars.

Now Obama (Ford Foundation) is placing three of Clinton's Key men into position to further collapse the Economy.

These are Gene Sperling to head of the National Economic Council, William Daley as Chief of Staff. And to top it off, General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt was tapped to lead a newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. These are three of the men behind NAFTA the North American Free Trade Agreement, the WTO World Trade Organization, China’s entry into the World Trade Organization, and repealing the Glass-Steagall Act, "Many observers credit the act’s repeal with causing the financial crisis that brought the economy to its knees. "

Feel like a ping pong ball yet?

No?? then how about Clinton's infamous EO

...Clinton has grouped together under one order, EO #12919 released on June 6, 1994. The following EOs all fall under EO#12919:

10995--Federal seizure of all communications media in the US;
10997--Federal seizure of all electric power, fuels, minerals, public and private;
10998--Federal seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private and all farms and equipment;
10999--Federal seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks, or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports and water ways;
11000--Federal seizure of American people for work forces under federal supervision, including the splitting up of families if the government so desires;
11001--Federal seizure of all health, education and welfare facilities, both public and private;
11002--Empowers the Postmaster General to register every single person in the US
11003--Federal seizure of all airports and aircraft;
11004--Federal seizure of all housing and finances and authority to establish forced relocation. Authority to designate areas to be abandoned as "unsafe," establish new locations for populations, relocate communities, build new housing with public funds;
11005--Seizure of all railroads, inland waterways and storage facilities, both public and private;
11051--Provides FEMA complete authorization to put above orders into effect in times of increased international tension of economic or financial crisis (FEMA will be in control incase of "National Emergency").

These EOs are not aimed at anti-hoarding but rather at seizure or confiscation of items... www.millennium-ark.net...

edit on 15-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: add

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

amen to that.
people treat each side as if its a sports team.

in the end we are only laughed at by the real opposition.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
After attaining a Ph.D. I taught in higher education for many years. After a long stint at a lower salary I was finally paid $60,000 a year. Educators in lower grades are given much less. This is what is given to those who have the future of the next generation in their hands and take that responsibility seriously. Now the conservatives want to cut the "enormous" salaries of educators and give even more tax cuts to people who don't even need them.

I am now retired because of a disability that makes me no longer able to work. I receive Social Security disability of less than $1,000 a month. I would much rather work and have a middle class lifestyle again but for now this is all I have.

I guess I am one of those "lazy" people who would rather collect a pittance from the government than be comfortable financially. I understand that under a conservative administration my pittance would be taken from me and invested in the stock market, which we all know recently crashed because of greed, theft and lack of regulation.

I, for one, am glad there is a government that will give me sustenance when I can do longer do it for myself. At the turn of the 20th century people who had worked all their lives just lost their jobs if they became ill or disabled and there were no Social Security pensions for the elderly. The establishment of Social Security is one of the best things that came out of that century.

I venture to guess that those on ATS who hate the "nanny" state are young, healthy, educated and have a comfortable income. They don't realize they are just an accident or illness away from destitution. They don't think "There, but for the grace of God, go I." They have much to learn about life.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

amen to that.
people treat each side as if its a sports team.

in the end we are only laughed at by the real opposition.

If we can wake people up to the fact it is not Democrat vs Republican but us individuals against an elite determined to rule us, we are making a step in the correct direction. Unfortunately I am afraid we may be too late. The elite are very very close to completing their plans of De-industrializing and collapsing the USA.

I read somewhere the plan was to wipe out the US industrial base and use the US land to grow food. They do not need non-farmer city dwellers for that. If you are lucky that is what the empty cities in China are for. If you are unlucky or old, that is what the FEMA coffins are for...

The more I read and see the laws passed the more frightened I get.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Yeah it is scary. If you read the laws they pass it is almost beyond comprehension. I bet if you told the average person that they were making vitamins illegal, or removing the right to grow food they would call you crazy. You cant make up the stuff they pass.

It really is way too late to be arguing right/left. I try, but it really hard to get people to let go of their right/left thinking. It is like an addict, or a hardcore sports fan. They have been supporting a political platform, and arguing for it so long they are now personally invested in it. People will defend those positions like it is their life. They cannot differentiate their self worth and identity from a conditioned ideology. I am not saying you are a bad person for supporting Obama, or for supporting Bush you just are being duped. Does know one think about how either party does the opposite of what they say when they are campaigning? Since Wilson in the teens they have said one thing only to do the opposite. How long will we fall for the same old thing? Are we incapable of learning?

edit on 15-2-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (pointless)

edit on 15-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Both democrats and republicans have obviously some good and some bad opinions IMHO. So why thinking in these two brackets? Combine the best of both worlds and toss out the bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Did you even read the article about the 13th amendment? It is a technical issue presented by constitutional scholars regarding the proper numerical order of the amendments. Whereby the current 13th amendment would then become the 14th amendment and so one....

Rather, those at the state convention who ratified the party platform doubtless meant to refer to a constitutional amendment which, if it had passed when it was first introduced, would have numerically been the 13th Amendment. This in turn would mean that the current 13th Amendment would have actually been the 14th Amendment, the current 14th Amendment the 15th, etc.

But what is this “original” 13th Amendment that the Iowa GOP would like to be ratified? Though the platform doesn’t specify, one can only assume that they refer to the Titles of Nobility Amendment (TONA) of 1810, which reads:

If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them.

theiowarepublican.com...

Your title contains the word "ultra-conservatism" then you proceed to lump all conservatives/libertarians into this thread to nowhere. There is a big difference. Just like the difference between Ultra Liberals, Liberals and Progressives.

You need to apply an even hand if you are going to plaster this site with title like that.

I'll come back to this later....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well as is usually the case, I agree with this OP wholeheartedly. If you want to see just what the ultra conservative folks in this country think about their labor force, go to Mexico or China and take a peek at the living conditions of labor in these countries.

Outsourcing is nothing more than a deliberate attempt by corporate America to destroy the standard of living for working Americans and, to date, it has been quite successful. When China & Mexico wake up, corporations will just pack up and move to the next underdeveloped nation, utilizing their lack of environmental and worker safety regulations, to enslave a new workforce and perpetuate the corporate profit margin.

People across the world are waking up to this phenomena and they are rising up against it. Greed has a nasty habit of imploding inward upon itself and this is what we are currently witnessing as we see repressed working people across the world standing up to TPTB. Like Mubarak, the rich can run but they can't hide. Their fancy clothes, homes, cars and yachts are a dead give away. I hope they find a way to eat their money lest they starve to death. Egypt was just the beginning.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

How about Conservative quietly trying to deregulate financial speculation again???

WHOA! WHO the heck messed with the banking laws in the FIRST place. Your good friend Billy Clinton! (I am an equal opportunity politician hater BTW
)

Consolidation of Mega Banks causing AIG Bailout and Foreclosuregate: Quick list of Banking laws

After the Great Depression, several laws were put in place to prevent another depression. The 1933 and 1934 Security and Exchange laws, The McFadden Act of 1927, The Glass-Steagall Act or Banking Act of 1933. Also Bank Holding Company Act of 1956.

Clinton's laws Negating above: Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act of 1994 and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999

More pro-banking Clinton laws:
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act of 1991:Allowed big banks to gobble up smaller banks more easily.

Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 and RTC Completion Act - Housing and business loans to minorities.

Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 200 - left CDSs unregulated and set up AIG bailout and Foreclosuregate.

Clinton - Doing the advance preparation for the Patriot Act.

... Clinton has grouped together under one order, EO #12919 released on June 6, 1994. The following EOs all fall under EO#12919:

10995--Federal seizure of all communications media in the US;
10997--Federal seizure of all electric power, fuels, minerals, public and private;
10998--Federal seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private and all farms and equipment;
10999--Federal seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks, or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports and water ways;
11000--Federal seizure of American people for work forces under federal supervision, including the splitting up of families if the government so desires;
11001--Federal seizure of all health, education and welfare facilities, both public and private;
11002--Empowers the Postmaster General to register every single person in the US
11003--Federal seizure of all airports and aircraft;
11004--Federal seizure of all housing and finances and authority to establish forced relocation. Authority to designate areas to be abandoned as "unsafe," establish new locations for populations, relocate communities, build new housing with public funds;
11005--Seizure of all railroads, inland waterways and storage facilities, both public and private;
11051--Provides FEMA complete authorization to put above orders into effect in times of increased international tension of economic or financial crisis (FEMA will be in control incase of "National Emergency").

These EOs are not aimed at anti-hoarding but rather at seizure or confiscation of items... www.millennium-ark.net...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This thread wins the award for the most biased, most generalizations, and most stereotyped posts.

Please realize a majority of people in the country are not ultra-any party. They are normal people who disagree on a few things.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
They want to repeal the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution not only to make sure that Latinos aren't granted citizenship, but also to make sure that only the elite are granted citizenship, that only the truly deserving in their eyes have access to political positions.

I agree with most of the sentiments of your post. There is a "vast right wing conspiracy" working to undermine the interests of average people, but the quote above is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The conservative platform - necessary regulations on environmental pollution are fine,

I don't think conservatives understand how they position themselves in almost every regulatory argument -

It is fine outwardly, just like REASONABLE regulations on in the economic market place makes sense.

But I submit that because of the views on the sanctity of business it does not translate this way,"necessity" -
is ALSO subjective when it comes to systems. You couple the vaunting of business with Ayn Rand idealism
and you get results that help ensure profitability, as opposed to statutes that create the desired RESULT of
regulation. Here in lies the conservative problem IMO... While you are off talking about freedom, the wealthy from around the world benefit by the freedom AMERICAN CONSERVATION grants them.... The public does not have the time to scrutinize the effects of regulation, so Conservative politicians use the guise of freedom for everything. Free CLEAN SKIES to the PATRIOT act - Look at HOUSTON TEXAS and air pollution - I submit
people PAY for pollution at a premium, you cannot sue pollution or have recourse against pollution...

Ah

Big businesses and conservative politicians consistently bank on the fact that cause and effect of something
like the economy or the environment CANNOT be easily pinned down or pegged in a sound bite. In turn
it is a giant blind eye and socialize the effects of ALL of BUSINESS'S BAD POLICIES - FOR FREEDOMS sake. I submit that personal freedom V sound regulatory law and statutes are exclusive things, how ever again, Conservatives in argument lean on the fact that these distinctions are not sound bite ready and cannot be
explained in one sentence. But of course -"their takin way our freedoms" is always at the ready - add the word Commie, terrorist and we have a party.

This is the HOLE in the conservative ship, lets all the water in and it pollutes
GOOD conservative ideas.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

They want to repeal the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution not only to make sure that Latinos aren't granted citizenship, but also to make sure that only the elite are granted citizenship, that only the truly deserving in their eyes have access to political positions.

I agree with most of the sentiments of your post. There is a "vast right wing conspiracy" working to undermine the interests of average people, but the quote above is ridiculous.

I've said similar things in other threads, but I'll reiterate it here: Left and Right is window dressing. We have one party in America with two 'wings'. It's a set up to get us fighting one another over smaller issues so that we don't watch the men behind the curtain, and haven't got any sort of unity amongst us to actually remove them from power It's.distraction. Misdirection. At their core, both sides have the exact same agenda, to impose complete control on us Free Range Slaves.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There is a conspiracy in the works in America today, it's a conspiracy by the political right, and you may be a part of it and not know it.

Nice intro. Ahem. BOO!

It's no secret that the political right in this country wants to repeal the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution in order to make sure that only the select few are granted citizenship.

And you are for open boarders? Awesome. They can all stay at your house.

It's no secret that the political right in this country wants to eliminate the public education system in this country thereby making sure that only the wealthy have access to education.

Since the inception of the Dept. of Education, grade levels have been falling. Instead of spending more money on teacher unions and salaries for high paid union members, spend it on the children.

It's no secret that the political right wants to eliminate the EPA so that multinational corporations can polute the air, water, and land that we need to live on.

I say get rid of the EPA and move protections to the individual state. If a state wants to have clean air and water, let the people vote on it. Or are you into the whole "nanny-state" thing?

It's no secret that the political right wants to take your social security in this country and give it to Wall Street.

Yeah, *snort* and the goverment wants to TAKE my social security and spend it how THEY see fit. Where as, if I invested it, I'd be MY RESPONSIBILITY.

It's no secret that the political right wants to make sure that adiquate healthcare is only available to those that can afford it.

Personal responsibility. VS Nanny State. Hmmmm, guess which one I'm choosing!

Well, nice rant. Conservative bad, progressive-big government good.

I want a steak tonight. Who's can I take? It's not fair that THEY have one and I don't. I mean, sure, I could have bought one, but then I'd have to spend money. And I'd have to work to get money.

It's so much easier if I just take one.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Funny how this thread is now becoming anti corporate. Please examine the Big corporate influence and big Union influence on the current administration. Funny how some humble and lowly workers union, SEIU, was able to spend $60 million plus to get Obama into the White House.

Then there is the GE/White House relationship. Of course there is General Motors who just announced it was paying out $189 million in profit sharing to its hourly workers and over $200 million in bonuses to its salaried workers. GM still owes the US taxpayer $20 plus billion from the bailout. Who is undermining who? Where is the outrage?? GM was cleansed of $80 BILLION in debt and annoying contracts for Christ's Sake and they were given a $50Billion life vest from the govt. Let's party!!!! til the money is gone AGAIN. Time to break the cycle.

Pick and choose which corporate interests are OK I suppose. If it favors the left
favors the right

Profit, power, greed and influence can be applied evenly across the entire political spectrum to achieve the desired result. The same tools have been used by all sides for generations.
edit on 15-2-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yes we have one party with two branches, right, and ultra right.
But only one of the branches constantly demonizes the right for workers to collective bargain.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibehoOf course there is General Motors who just announced it was paying out $189 million in profit sharing to its hourly workers and over $200 million in bonuses to its salaried workers. GM still owes the US taxpayer $20 plus billion from the bailout. Who is undermining who? Where is the outrage??

I'm outraged the ultra conservatives wanted GM destroyed. It didn't have anything to do with laissez faire capitalism, or else the big banks would have been allowed to go under. The root casus belli was to destroy the last great bastion of organized labor in the United States.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

No one wanted to destroy GM. Letting them fail and letting them restructure on their own is the way of the business world. They were absolved of their sins only to live on to repeat them. No lessons learned.

When your dog repeatedly pisses on the carpet, sometimes you have to shove his nose in it.
edit on 15-2-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well let me tell you what I think: you know very little about Conservatism. Even though as little as 2 years ago you were a self described libertarian. Why, we even ran together under the libertarian ticket in the ats elections lol.

But anyways.. you take some out of the ball park statements from a very select few "conservative" mouth pieces and somehow string that into "all conservatives think......."

It'd be like me quoting some asinine comment by Olberman and saying "looks like every liberal believes...."

And then from there, you skew already skewed beliefs by wording it in a way that blatantly makes it sound far worse than it is.. just reading some of that tripe had me going against beliefs I actually agree with lol. Take the 14th ammendment for example. It shouldn't be repealed, just interperated (by the supreme court) as to whether it allows anchor babies. Which I don't believe it should. My personal opinion.

You clearly get your political information from MSM sources, both lib and con sources it appears..

The real conspiracy?

2 fascist parties somehow managed to get most people to believe they are different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join