It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silvio Berlusconi: Sex charge trial to begin in April

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Silvio Berlusconi: Sex charge trial to begin in April

www.bbc.co.uk

Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has been indicted to stand trial on charges of paying for sex with an under-age girl and abuse of power.

He said he was doing a favour for the then-Egyptian leader, Hosni Mubarak, because Mr Berlusconi was told the girl was Mr Mubarak's grandaughter.

Ms Mahroug, widely known as Ruby and now aged 18, has denied sleeping with the prime minister but has said she received 7,000 euros (£5,900, $9,400) from him as a gift after one of his parties.

Mr Berlusconi's fast-track trial in front of three female judges will start at a court in Milan at 0930 on Wednesd
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I find this strange that the Prime Minister of Italy, a large European country is 'fiddling about' with the grand-daughter of Ex Egypt leader Mubarek ???

I also fail to see how someone who has over his time in Office can be taken seriously enough to remain there ??
Being part of Europe carries a responsibility to the rest of the world and this man seems to me to have lost it..... with this and all the other little antics and comments he has got up to so far...

How does he say in power..? it confuses me..

TPTB are all soooooo intertwined it is disturbing !!

PDUK

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I thought the thread said sex change lmao .
The guy is a walking hard on - he should have been kicked out of politics a while ago _ I get embarassed seeing his stupid face .
Good thread sir .

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
ya, his time is up also.

same with sarkozy.

mubarak, joke, his grand daughter or something? wouldn't surprise me at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

it's about time for me and for a large part of the population. big demonstrations have taken place all across the country. problem is, opposed to the rest of the western world, italian politicians won't give up even if caught red handed guilty.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Ruby of course is not Mubarak's granddaughter, she is instead Moroccan and no longer moslim. When Ruby was caught by police following claims of her roommate that Ruby stole money from their house, Silvio got informed about the situation by another prostitute which accidentally was taken by police in the same hours and then he decided to call personally the police chief of Milan. Silvio claimed Ruby was Mubarak's relative and therefore she had to be released to avoid a "diplomatic accident"

Because Ruby was at that moment a minor, the judge in charge ordered Ruby to be sent to a shelter but Silvio informed the police chief that a "trustworthy" person was about to come to the police office to pick Ruby up and take her into custody. This person is Nicole Minetti, Berlusconi's former dental hygienist who was elected (under strong Silvio's pressure) member of the regional Council of Lombardia, Milan region. The police chief "agreed" (while the judge didn't) and Ruby went away with Ms. Minetti who, just few meters off the police station, left Ruby in the car of a Brazilian prostitute.

These are the facts, available on every Italian media. Following this accident, Ruby's mobile was tap-wired and many conversations/sms she had with Silvio were recorded. Mobiles of two Silvio's friends (a TG4 news director and a model agent) were tap-wired as well and from the conversations recorded it came out they were in charge for selecting the alleged prostitutes for Silvio (who, just to refresh your memory, is 74 yo). Through his political "segreteria", Silvio was paying the girls by giving them in average 5.000 EUR/night and he was even paying for prostitutes's house costs (rent, gas/light etc).

It's a very sad story for Italy, hopefully almost over.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
has anyone seen her, i wouldnt say no, she is unbelievably hot. no comments from americans though please as she is too young for your over 18 sex laws and you dont want to come across as peodos but being english, i have nothing to worry about there as she is well old enough.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is really interesting to watch unfold. Webster Tarpley wrote an
article on the 16th of January about the CIA gloating over all of their
coupes in the Mediterranean. Italy is one of them. Berlusconi backs
Putin and they want to get him out and get someone else in that
who will support their agenda.
CIA Touts Tsunami of Coupes

Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has been indicted to stand trial on
charges of paying for sex with an under-age girl and abuse of power.

Hello!! This kind of behavior and abuse goes on all of the time. It's certainly
nothing new or extraordinary. This guy is obviously being targeted.
He's being deposed by our lovely and manipulating CIA and whomever
it is they are slaving for.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

PurpleDog, there is a consideration to be made here about a matter of perspective. We in Britain see Silvio Berlusconi whoring, and partying, and basicaly misbehaving, and automaticaly think "What in heavens name keeps him in his seat?" . But when OUR politicians were fiddling thier expenses, I would imagine that Italians who heard the story probably threw up thier hands and said " Eeeey, whats the problem here? You should see what OUR politicians are doing!" .
The thing is, that in Italy EVERY base of power, be it a football club or a politician , is taking kickbacks, giving out bribes, trading power and powder, and negotiating with the Mafia. Literaly, the whole place is run on a system of compromises between one or another kind of utterly corrupt system or powerstructure. In that way I dont see that there is a lot of difference between Italy and Britain, other than one simple thing. We in Britain keep our dirt under the carpet, or better yet , the floor boards. In Italy , the grime is on the outside, and its very much what you see is what you get.
Dont get me wrong, I think Berlusconi is scum, but hes no worse than David Cameron , or Tony Blair, or any of the other powerful men in British politics. He just has the advantage of living in a nation where corruption is EXPECTED of public figures, thats why he gets away with so much crap.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well, it doesn't seem like the judges will be very fond of this, seeing as they are all female.

Berlusconi might actually get what he had coming.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

TrueBrit

I understand what you say...... there is a different 'culture' at play here and it is not a fair comparison to compare British morals to Italian ones....! ?????

My issue here with Mr Randy Pants, is that he seems Impregnable to anything (a term not without irony i feel here) because of his VAST fortune and empire........ He is a little like a modern day Caesar parading around with impunity and the Italian public seem happy with this..... I just think what a poor example to set from a First rate Country (?) and maybe this is another example of 'out dated' and past their sell buy date leaders whom should be on the way out..... IMO...

Cheers
PDUK

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Doomzilla

Your comment made me laugh.............

on a quick glance it does seem like that !! Imagine the monster you would create if your thoughts came true ... Arrgghh.

PDUK

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Hundroid

Thankyou for the detail and corrections..... I was thinking it strange that an aged Letharagio was 'humping' a Mubarek family member......

From what you said there does seem to be plenty of potential misuses of funds for , shall we say interesting hobbies !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I agree that he is part of a set of out dated, and disconnected world leaders, but at the very same time there are not mass protests ordering him out of parliament . I really think it comes down to culture at the end of the day. The Italian people have never ever had an honest man at thier helm, or anywhere else in the chains of power, and you can bet your bottom dollar that all the things he has done, will be done by the next guy, and the guy after him, and the fellow who follows that, for as long as the nation exists.
I think that he broke the mould in some respects. As far as I understand it, Italian top brass used to consider thier success by the amount that they could cover up. Sure , people knew they were crooked, but no one had to see any evidence of it. But Berlusconi, hes a different order of slime, because the difference with him, is that he wears ALL his dirt on the outside. I mean in general Italian political muck is usualy closer to the surface than in other developed nations, but with Berlusconi ... its like its some tourism drive :

"Come ! See the worlds dirtiest politician! What ever will this aged , hollow , crooked, whoring monster do next?"

I really do not believe that the people care. I think they find his obvious dishonesty refreshing, rather than the issues they have had with previous heads of state, where they have known deep down that they were being lead by a wrongun, but never really saw a blatant proof of it!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Do you really think there will be any real consequences for him?
He is one of the richest men in Europe, a lot of money will be exchanged in order to bail this guy out once again.
Maybe he will have to pay a fine and then will get out clean again.
But my guess is that he will not be punished at all because everyone will magically change their stories after driving to court in their brand new ferraris

top topics

join