It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Anonymous and the Egyption revolution are so exciting: They show the power of the Collective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The thing I love about the revolution in Egypt and the Anonymous thing is that it shows the power of the collective, the power of enough people coming together for 1 purpose. Neither is organized or has a real leader.

They use the same concept as a pack of sardines. Every sardine is equally part of the whole, all going in the same direction. The information is distributed freely amongst the whole. You ever seen Anonymous hack into something? They take whatever they can and then post it all over the Internet. If one sardine decides to go in another direction, several more may decide to join them, then more and eventually the whole. But if one sardine decides to go rogue, their loss because they'll get eaten out in the open and the whole will be almost just as strong. 10 more sardines may take it's place.

Some people might say not having a leader makes the whole thing vulnerable and disorganized, but what it comes down to, is that nothing like this has ever happened before, and the mind cannot predict what is unknown.
edit on 15-2-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

The thing I love about the revolution in Egypt and the Anonymous thing is that it shows the power of the collective, the power of enough people coming together for 1 purpose. Neither is organized or has a real leader.

The thing is, what if Anonymous isn't the power of collective individuals in a sense that we think they are. I mean to say isn't it plausible that they could either be pawns in an agenda to enforce net control or are they the very people that are trying not so hard to find them and prosecute them.

I have been on ATS quite a while now so I am well equipped to spot something out of place and to me stuxtnet and Iran are two prominent key words that stick out a mile.

IMHO this has CIA all over it.

edit on 15-2-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Idk, how do you create a giant network of computer users and organize them? That would require a massive amount of resources, time, and precision i don't think even the CIA is capable of.

And the US cannot actually shut down the Internet or do anything similar without severely damaging it's infrastructure. The US economy is now intricately linked to the Internet, not to mention the entire system. And besides, where there is a will, there's a way. The Internet will always remain free for those who seek it

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Idk, how do you create a giant network of computer users and organize them? That would require a massive amount of resources, time, and precision i don't think even the CIA is capable of.

Same as they have always done, use money and false promises to influence an expanding group of people with a grudge, let it play out and then reap the rewards afterwards. We are talking about the CIA here? hello ?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That would all depend on whether Anonymous or The Collective are acting from their own initiative or whether that initiative has been engineered to sway a particular outcome.

The webs are intricate and the plans are engineered well in advance. Never take the obvious with a pinch of salt.

top topics

join