It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animalistic Behavior When Society Breaks Down & Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Scary but too true to ignore! This video really offers some insights to what will happen when the dollar crashes and people began to starve etc. it also shows current examples in society today as to why and the reasons people are like this. The commentary is excellent and right on the money

Here is the sight where the video was originally posted. if this does not motivate you to prepare nothing will"

www.naturalnews.tv...

What will happen when food disruptions occur, the currency collapses or social chaos breaks out in U.S. cities? This video answers that question by revealing how everyday people can transform into crazed animals who trample other human beings in order to get what they want. A shocking video that reveals a part of human nature that society tries to keep caged.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

edit on 15-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
With out food for a couple of days we all revert to what we are. Hungry animals and scruples and morals go out the window. Dog eat dog its a fight to survive.
edit on 15-2-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
With out food for a couple of days we all revert to what we are. Hungry animals and scruples and morals go out the window. Dog eat dog its a fight to survive.

No not all of us. The video really explains why the masses seem so mindless. But there are about 10% of us who are not like this. I really hate driving and shopping etc. because it seems like most people are oblivious that anyone else is around and just selfish animals barely able to function in a social manner at all. They act like they are the only ones on the road, or in the stores, they block you in isles, cut you off driving etc. there is no common courtesy or common sense, it is because they have lost to much of their higher brain function, the video explains why.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Interesting video. It started coming together towards the middle.

Even though many of us fear what the government will do in times of chaos, it shows how the most damage may be done my the mass idiots. It also shows why some sort of self-defense investment is wise.

Glad to say I'm asleep when those fools are shopping on black friday.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
We are all animals, it doesn't take much for our survival instinct to kick in.
At least if you are aware of our animalistic nature and the fact that WTSHTF your local environment will very quickly lose the illusion of civility, you at least will be one step ahead of the majority that are using just instinct and desperation.
That could mean the difference between living or dying.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This interesting. The days where a tiny village just doing what they can to support their small community has gone. The days of dog eat dog are just beginning. Its getting worse and worse and I'm glad you have started this thread.

Can you imagine what society will be like in say 50 years??

The war in Iraq just goes to show that even people in power who should show compassion and understanding will go to war for Oil that they believe they deserve more than anyone else. It proves you point right, no argument.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Personally I don't subscribe to the notion that we will all devolve in this way, or that we will lose sight of our humanity.. my personal take is the we will split into 2 camps, the feral and the rest of us, while the ferals will turn true to their nature, in my opinion that does not mean the rest of us will be dragged down with them.

Although after the Chilean earthquake the ferals took to the streets to loot, rape or cause whatever mayhem they could.. the rest of the people banded together to protect their little patch, and share what little they had with each other.. and that is how I see any real SHTF situation developing on the ground.

It is sad that we seem to have a lot more ferals than before.. but I put that down as an indicator that this version of our society is close to ending.. it seems that is how these things happen, but from those ashes a better society grows, at least that is what I pin my hopes on.

edit on 15/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I haven't seen this video, as I have dial-up, but I would think that this is a crowd consciousness reaction.
One or possibly two people that are really hungry and desperate, who feel that they are backed into a corner, would act differently.

When the Detroit Tigers won the pennant back in the 80's, I lived in s suburb of Detroit and I saw masses of people running down our main street, yelling, tearing down street signs and causing other damage, and the cops were right there doing the same. There were a few people like myself who just stood there dumb-founded, but the whole city was in the streets going completely insane. It seemed like about 10% stayed home or out of the streets, but it was hard to tell.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Reminds me of The Mist where half the people trapped want to survive as best they can and the other half suddenly turn violent and animalistic while following the crazed words of the religious woman, giving in to her demands of a sacrifice to appease God.

That's what happens in society, has for generations in fact. One half turn savage and become what we used to be before evolution kicked in while the rest hold onto their faculties and avoid hurting others in their own struggle to outlast it all.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Can't watch the video right now, but most people don't even need to be hungry etc to turn in to savages...a sale on in a shop will send them crazy, just look at black Friday, employees get trampled to death and people get seriously hurt all the time by hordes of idiots wanting a bargain.
If that is the result of people wanting an iphone or something cheaper, the collapse of society will be unreal.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As one survivalist put it to me:

"When you have a child and that child says to you 'Daddy I'm hungry' there's practically nothing you won't do to get that child food."
That's what will also be driving the fuel and fire in the 'zombies' who have family's and kids...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
A very shocking video indeed. I hope those people watched themselves afterwards and feel ashamed of their actions. Probably not though. Hey, they got their ipod afterall.

Can you imagine a real food shortage happening? It will be a blood bath! People shooting each other over a pint of milk. Crazy.

I think the clips highlighted in the video, it boils down to pure greed.

In a food shortage situation, it will be driven by desperation and fear.
edit on 15-2-2011 by JonoEnglish because: what's wrong with the keys on my keyboard?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by illuminnaughty

No not all of us. The video really explains why the masses seem so mindless. But there are about 10% of us who are not like this. I really hate driving and shopping etc. because it seems like most people are oblivious that anyone else is around and just selfish animals barely able to function in a social manner at all. They act like they are the only ones on the road, or in the stores, they block you in isles, cut you off driving etc. there is no common courtesy or common sense, it is because they have lost to much of their higher brain function, the video explains why.

This video explains nothing, I cant believe that those people which you see acting crazy on those "black fridays" all had medication for cancer, adhd and other things.

There is jet again, NO SOLID PROOF !!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

This video explains nothing, I cant believe that those people which you see acting crazy on those "black fridays" all had medication for cancer, adhd and other things. There is jet again, NO SOLID PROOF !!

So watching people turn into animals over saving a few bucks is not proof? Apparently you did not watch the whole video, especially the parts about flouride, mercury, and other chemicals that have tainted the medical industry, our food and water supplies, with thier known properties and how they effect humans.

Also he did not say they all had medication for cancer, adhad etc. but that those were just a part of the chemical cocktail much of society has been on for decades. You really should listen more carefully.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The saddest part of this possibility is there's no reason for it. There's plenty of justification to behave this way but very little reason to do so.

With a little preparing, educating and a calm head this brutal pillaging can be completely avoided.

I know the first thing Im doing in complete collapse is smashing store fronts and looting VCR's. I dont know where there's any shop that still has them but damnit I need them. A whole truck full.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
To anyone that thinks they would not resort to animalistic behaviour when they are hungry. To those who think that they are "above" this and would never harm another for food, well I hope that you aren't that set in your morals.

Never say never is a great phrase to use here as I can tell you, anyone that thinks they wouldn't steal to feed themselves, has never been hungry. I am not talking about not eating for a whole 24-48 hours, but I mean hungry. The sort of hungry where you start eating sticks and leaves just to take that feeling away.

The main reason any animal starts to come into a city to find food isn't because it's easy or plentiful. And they have not gotten past their fear of humans either. It's just that the need for survival is stronger.

I know many won't believe me, and I hope that you all never have to find out for yourselves, but the fact is that hunger will drive anyone to behave so "out of character" that it's scary.

with respects..........

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We had a small taste of what could happen in times of emergency. One day before the Ground Hog Day blizzard was to hit, all bread, and milk was sold out in all the major towns around us. Shopping was a nightmare, people actually had aisles blocked with their carts to make sure they got what they wanted. You had to leave your cart at the end of the aisles, and snake your way around people that wouldn't move an inch. This was all for an event that would end in three days. There was no pleasant small town neighborly chit-chat then. I would hate to see what would happen for something major.
t

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

What you're looking at is pretty far from a representation of how people behave when TSHTF. You're looking at a video that documents the pinnacle of our current society. Those people storming police lines for geegaws are doing so because our society has programmed them to believe that they need these doohickeys to live, that they have to buy them RIGHT NOW NOW NOW NOW!!! Limited time sale, 20% off, for Christmas! Your kids will love you if you get it and hate you if you don't, and you don't want to be the terrible parent who didn't get your kid the latest Thinggamajig™ (from Ronco!) now do you?

"Massive chemical assault" my ass. It's an assault, but purely psychological and cultural. You don't need chemicals to make people into savage monsters. Read on the Stanford Prison Experiment. All you need to do is tell them it's okay.

When society breaks down, that consumerist derangement goes with it. People find more important things to worry about, and realize the value of having the people around them as allies and friends.
edit on 15/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow... Americans are indescribably fcucked up... I'm at loss for words. Never in any of the countries that I've lived in, and they have been many, could I ever see this happening.

And the crux of the matter in my opinion, or at least the salt is that we are talking about a country where most people declaring they believe in god and stuff like that, and that the Netherlands, to give an example are an Immoral mess.

Am I being naive? Perhaps. Does any one know if there have been instances of this sort of thing elsewhere?

Absurd, grotesque, and the first time in my life I use this word with a truly negative meaning: Decadent.
edit on 15-2-2011 by oniris because: Unclear last sentence

edit on 15-2-2011 by oniris because: Badly written

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The criminals that we will deal with then are the ones we are dealing with now. Between the military and armed citizens, they will be weeded out quickly. The best way to survive in a disaster emergency is to be polite and sane and most people will figure that out pretty fast. The ferals will hurt some people, but they won't last long acting like a mindless herd of buffalo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join