It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who to complain to....??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Right il keep it short and sweet basically me and my girlfriend have had problems with our letting agent and we want to complain about them but not actually to their complaints department because if their anything like the people we spoke to nothing will be done. so i was wondering if anyone knows who to have a rant at about these people?

cheers guys

were in the uk by the way
edit on 15-2-2011 by pearcester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pearcester

You want to complain but not to their complaints department? could you enlighten us as to what you are complaining about? let me guess they won't give you back all your deposit.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The flat upstairs had a leak and because their really clever people they didnt say anything about it thinking it would just go away. we contacted the agency because we was getting what we thought was damp at the time. They failed to come out so we rung them up again and they said the bloke who sorts it out isnt in and they would get him to call us back long story short 4months on after ringing them and getting the same anwser from them (the bloke wernt there he will ring us back) they still havent come round to sort it the wall now has mold on it and needs replastering but getting them to come and do this is impossible. also we have had to move out the living room as the smell and sight of it is horrible and the room isnt keeping the heat in because its damp still.

baring in mind we only have a 1 bedroom flat so we now live in the bedroom.
we will be taking pictures of it as proof of what they havent sorted.
we have thought about sending a picture to the land lord saying look this is what this agency is letting happen to your property but we dont know hense this post

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pearcester

Ok, so what you need to do now is start a formal process.

1. Document all dealings with the letting agency telephone calls, emails e.t.c
2. Write a formal letter of complaint to their complaints department (you have to do this by the book)
3. Include photos and evidence that you have contacted the lettings agency, don't forget to mention the person you needed to speak to by name including the people that you spoke to when the guy wasnt there.
4. Send the letter via fedex or someway that it is trackable, you have to have proof of postage if it legal action is required.
5. Speak to neighbour, if they will not listen to you then write them a letter, proof of postage e.t.c all this will count in your favour if it goes to court.

Once people see that you are doing everything by the book, you wait and see, 9/10 times people start to pay attention.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Do you have some type of rental tribunal or consumer affairs in your area? I recommend you move, mould can be really bad for your health and the place sounds like it should be condemned. If if you are in a fixed lease, reasons like this are justification to break it. There will be some local government office or legal aid around to help point you in the right direction. You should get on to it quickly.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I would suggest getting yourselves down to citizens advice, There they can tell you and help you, Landlords have certain obligations via the law they must follow so you may be able to lean on some laws,

Key thing document everything...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I live in the states and we have code enforcers for stuff like this. I lived in a townhouse that was full of mold and the AC unit was ancient and needed replacing. It was leaking and freezing constantly. Our ceiling in the kitchen which had the drop panels collapsed a few times from the leaking of the AC unit. Our landlord wouldn't do a thing! All 9 units needed a new AC unit and the mold was so bad. We even took out the sink in the bathroom downstairs because of the mold. The mold goo in the wall was just sick and nauseating and the smell was so bad. After telling our landlord about this many times another tenant finally contacted the city code people and they came out. In the end she was fined and had to replace ALL AC units as well as our sink and other things in a few other townhouses. This did not make her happy but it did get the tenants what we had been asking for in the end. So my suggestion is if you have something like that to contact them. Have your pics and everything ready too. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Cheers for the imput guys/girls

actually worked threatened to complain and they was over yesterday, i wish i took a picture of the blokes face when he saw it he was speach less.

Apparently hes going to get someone to come round and do it.

what really winds me up is the fact that the agency has no one they can send round first time that actually knows what hes looking at, im a carpenter and know alot more about it than him so i would of fixed months ago but were not allowed to touch maintenance.

but anyway again thanks for the help

top topics

join