It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East Protests at a glance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
So i see a bunch of topics that are covering protests in the Middle East. I found a good article from the CBC who did an overview of whats going on, and thought it would be a good resource here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cd75f2b7551.jpg[/atsimg]

CBC - Middle East Protest overview

Since mid-January, North Africa and the Middle East have been gripped by revolutionary fever.

Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali stepped down on Jan. 14 following a month of violent demonstrations over worsening economic conditions, corruption and political repression. Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak followed suit on Feb. 11, after more than two weeks of protests. And the uprisings have spread from there.

If there is a starting point to all this anti-government action, it was when a Tunisian fruit vendor named Mohamed Bouazizi set himself on fire in early January after police seized his goods. He later died.

Bouazizi's act has touched off a wave of demonstrations in the region against autocratic governments, high food prices and unemployment.

Country Overview
Algeria
Egypt
Jordan
Lebanon
Morocco
Tunisia
Yemen

Other countries not included on the above list
Iran
Albania
Palestine - West Bank
Sudan
Saudi Arabia
Bahrain
Syria (not off the ground yet)

We certainly live in exciting and trying times...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Somewhat related, here is a list of all of the people in power in these countries and how long they have been in power (along with correspondences to Bush in our country.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Of cool.. My bad man.

Mods, can you merge this thread over to cyotepoets thread.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wasn't saying it that way. I think the threads are different enough, especially with your use of cool visuals. I was merely adding my 2 cents to yours. I don't care either way, as long as the info is out there somewhere.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wasn't saying it that way. I think the threads are different enough, especially with your use of cool visuals. I was merely adding my 2 cents to yours. I don't care either way, as long as the info is out there somewhere.

Its cool man.. If the info is comparale to each other, might as well just merge it into yours.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank You

Xcathdra

new topics

top topics

join