It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prophecy concerning upcoming prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Prophecies are a cancer on ATS.

I would like to state my opinions as to why.

To begin, not only prophecies, but also predictions, I beleive belong on BTS,
not on ATS, as there is no evidence of any coming true.

I do aknowledge that there are some events, especially when combined with paranormal aspects,
which do seem to point that it is possible to predict futur events.

Yet, what I see on ATS in the form of predictions and or prophecies do not come close to actual events.
Worst of all, it creates fear and panic, and contributes absolutly nothing to the site.

(p.s. I exempt the discussions of ancient human prophecies from my post.)
edit on 15-2-2011 by KingAtlas because: changed an "is" to an "are"

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

My prediction is that we will see many more threads whinging about prophecy threads..

But they are in their own forum..
If you don't like them, don't click on them..

Simple really..

BTW, I find most of them a waste of time but that's just my opinion..
Others may find them believable or merely entertaining..

ATS is for everyone, not just you or I.....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

ATS half agrees with you;
The "Prophecies" forum has been defined as a place "not for personal predictions".
Personal predictions are supposed to go in the "Dreams and predictions" forum, which is classed among the "off-topic" forums, even though the threads appear among "recent posts".
I think there's much to be said for dropping the word "predictions" from the name of the "Prophecies and predictions" forum, so that the distinction would be clearer.

I see you exclude "ancient prophecies" from the criticism, so I don't need to take it personally (as the author of many pieces on Revelation)

edit on 15-2-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Gee, glad I never posted my list of 20; I'd have lil black helicopters flying over my house already.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well, I am wondering WHAT is going to happen AFTER the 2 Big current prophesies have expired. We have two of the most popular coming in around the same time.

St. Malachy's Pope countdown (were on the last one!)
www.catholic-pages.com...

Others of interest are Mother Shipton and Edgar Casey
pyramidtlc.org...

Also, we always have prophecies with (3) world wars from almost every so called prophet I have heard of that numbers the great wars. I have never seen a prophecy talking about WW5 or anything of that nature.

So, If 2012 comes and goes and we have 2 more Popes with no issues... Then What?

Won't be many of the "old time" prophecies associated with real "Dates" left.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I'm pretty sure there is going to be no WW3 in 2011 but I can't guarantee it in 2012....however it won't be like WW1 and WW2 as technology will take place of most manpower as the Military won't have much stomach for it. The after affects will be more deadly than the actual war itself.

Depending on what you believe, but I have heard of 3 more wars coming in the future. WW3 in the no too distant future, WW4 with China/Asia (this one will change everything for the coming generations) and WW5 in space.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by infolurker

I'm pretty sure there is going to be no WW3 in 2011 but I can't guarantee it in 2012....however it won't be like WW1 and WW2 as technology will take place of most manpower as the Military won't have much stomach for it. The after affects will be more deadly than the actual war itself.

Depending on what you believe, but I have heard of 3 more wars coming in the future. WW3 in the no too distant future, WW4 with China/Asia (this one will change everything for the coming generations) and WW5 in space.

WW5 in space??
You mean countries useing space based weapons or fighting ET??
Fighting ET would not count as a WW...maybe an OWW...O=off...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Fighting off EBEs but that could be a war for our next generation or the one after; the one with China will most likely take place somewhere around 2045.
edit on 15-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: none

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Don't enter this forum then. For me, and I'm certain many others, its one of the few I go to. The site is wonderfully partitioned into areas you can choose to go to or not. I'm sure I could make an argument that other areas shouldn't exist, but why impede free exchange of ideas?

Prophecy and predicting is a part of our society whether you like it or not. Would a business ever be created if the business owner couldn't reasonable expect (predict) some profits in the future? Would anyone join a religion if they weren't predicting that they were going to get some sort of reward when they die? Why would anyone buy something today that they would use tomorrow? Predictions. You get my meaning.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I need proof of this thread or it should be tossed into the ol' HOAX bin!

Seriously though, in order to fully experience prophecies, you have to buy into the idea of our ability to change prophecies through our actions. Then, when it doesn't "come true", it's because we changed the future!

new topics

top topics

join