It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The oddest feeling...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So last night i was going to bed and it was about 4 in the morning.. I turned the tv off and i wasnt really tired so i thought about kind of meditating...I was just going to close my eyes and try some techniques someone told me.
SO...i close my eyes and i was trying to "shut down each part of my body" as someone instructed me to do..but it seemed weird and hard to do..

Then i just thought maybe i should self hypnotize myself or something...

I didnt know how to do this but i just closed my eyes and focussed on the back of my eye lids

Then i see these weird shapes in black and white (i cant make them out but it seemed to be getting bigger, or coming near me)...then i started to focus on them a little bit more and i got this extremely loud ring in my ears and a stinging pain in my whole body..It was similar to sniffing a bucket load of paint and geting that second of "high"...

I tried once again to focus and this time the ringing came much faster but the stinging was only on the top half of my body...
I figured that maybe that was part of it and i needed to overcome it...but everytime i did it it would just be so intense..

Does anyone know what this could be?

[edit on 15-7-2004 by sheaisdumb]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hmm how ironic...someone has a post thats similar to mine...i guess i didnt notice it

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
sheaisdumb

Just a quick question, you wrote on another thread abought wanting to try marijuana and wanted to know about all the effects of it, but then you post on this thread you sniff paint, cause you explain the high, anyways why would you have posted the thread about weed? Its evident you are a user?? Just curiouos

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheaisdumb
It was similar to sniffing a bucket load of paint and geting that second of "high"...

Ah yes - that feeling, I know what you mean...........NOT!!

I'm with Justmytype here - plus, that thread grew pretty quickly but it got trashed, either b/c it was repeat material or b/c you hadn't posted on it past the first 10 or so replies.......Is that what's going on here?

Hmm how ironic...someone has a post thats similar to mine...i guess i didnt notice it

Are you sure you didn't notice it? I kind of wonder........is your name Shea?
- j/k

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Lets be Alert people.
Thanks Enron I just found it so Ironic that she never did refer but could identify a paint high... some people just must think we are stupid and just sleep on this board.. oh well "Have a Great Day"

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OK...lets address a few things
no my name is not shea...and i'm not a lady...
secondly, the thread was trashed because people were promoting illegal substances...
Third...no i dotn sniff paint...but when you paint houses or walls or anything you DO know what its like...dont just accuse me, jackasses.
I have never taken drugs or done any alcohol or anything like that. SO GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEADS.
So with that out of the way, what could it be

P.S. Justmytype, i dont really like your replies, so could u butt out? thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

P.S. Justmytype, i dont really like your replies, so could u butt out? thanks

ooooo

How can you compare it to a high when you have never done anything like that?

You not a lady but you is female right?

Could be anything sounds like to do with your metabolism. You may have been focusing to hard and stressed yourself.

Btw I never heard of cannabis doing this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

ooooo

How can you compare it to a high when you have never done anything like that?

oh my god...
my friend told me that was a bad comparison...but i was talking about the rush you get when you sniff (NOT HUFF) a can of paint of whatever....my god just let it go...

and jesus christ, i'm not a girl, i'm not a lady, i'm not a woman.... shea is the name of my school.

morons..
I really want to know whats happening though..
Update: i told this to my friend and he said he got dizzy spells at around 4 oclock too..how ironic.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What happens when you usually meditate? Your original post suggests that you've recently started - Desribe what is a normal meditation for you first and then it is easier to address the abnormal...

Also - it is a bit trickier to hypnotize yourself - I've played around with this before and had some minor success, but it's not something that usually can just accidently happen.

Oh - and another thing.....you said you and your friend are in school - did you both mabe have some big test, project or whatever due the next day? Something that could cause a great deal of anxeity that you both shared?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well that was really the first time i meditated...i tried before with a tape but it was way too creepy.

I didnt say my friend goes to my school..he was my best friend until i moved and he's in florida while i'm in RI. And school is out so there isnt any project or anything like that.
I just tried to do the meditating thing again and focussing on my eyelids and whatnot but i didnt get the ringing pain...i think its only when i'm ready to go to sleep when it happens

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You said this in your original post....

I didnt know how to do this but i just closed my eyes and focussed on the back of my eye lids

Did you actually make your eyes move back while focusing on the "back" of your eyelids or did you feel in pain in your eyes before you felt the stinging or heard the ringing?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Did you actually make your eyes move back while focusing on the "back" of your eyelids or did you feel in pain in your eyes before you felt the stinging or heard the ringing?

I dont recall moving my eyes back...Its like...if my eyes were open, they would be trying to see something in the distant....but yea, the image i saw on my eyelids were blurry so i was trying to focus on that and thats when the ringing came. There was no pain in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Update:

I try to do the same thing in the afternoon...but i cant seem to do it...it only works at night... Maybe thats something?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
at first it sounds like you are just seeing things but the stinging sounds like your body fell asleep (sometimes it is just something like your arm)
that is hard to explain i have never heard that happening before, that is interesting...

[edit on 20-7-2004 by demonhunter]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheaisdumbThen i see these weird shapes in black and white (i cant make them out but it seemed to be getting bigger, or coming near me)...then i started to focus on them a little bit more and i got this extremely loud ring in my ears and a stinging pain in my whole body..It was similar to sniffing a bucket load of paint and geting that second of "high"...

I tried once again to focus and this time the ringing came much faster but the stinging was only on the top half of my body...
I figured that maybe that was part of it and i needed to overcome it...but everytime i did it it would just be so intense..

Does anyone know what this could be?

Those ringing tunes are high vibrations...why you hear them is strange to me...it seems that you managed to reach a high vibration while you are still in your phisical body!
that would also explain the stingin pain you felt...
Just try to keep concentrating what you are doing, because you are able to reach a very high vibration but I think that true the proces you are getting distracted by these high vibrations...thats what keeps you from OOBE...I think...
You have experience something very strange...because you are not suppose to feel "pain", the worst that could happen is a headache, but that can only happen AFTER an OOBE(what you must do then is just take a little nap, when you wake up the headache is over)

How do you meditate?
Do you use some elements?

new topics

top topics

join