It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X class solar flare coming!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
X2.2 Major Solar Flare - The sun showed some love on Valentines Day. Massive Sunspot 1158 has produced a major X2.2 Class Solar Flare at 01:56 UTC Tuesday. This is the largest Solar Flare of Cycle 24 and a CME could be associated with this event. A strong R3 Radio Blackout has taken place as well.
www.solarcycle24.com...

Solar Flux 113 - The solar flux is again at a new high of 113. This beats out Sunday's reading of 107 and this is the highest it has been since September of 2005.

Solar Update / Aurora Watch - There will continue to be a chance for strong solar flares around Sunspot 1158. This region has a BETA-Gamma magnetic configuration which should keep it very active over the next 24-48 hours.

With all of the flare activity taking place over the past 72 hours, there will be a chance for geomagnetic storming at high latitudes should any effects from CME activity take place. More information will follow should a CME be on its way due to the X2.2 Flare early on Tuesday.

edit on 15-2-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Interesting video concerning this.

(quoting from the video description)
Latest Nasa Information
MAJOR FLARE: Earth-orbiting satellites have detected the strongest solar flare in more than four years. At 0156 UT on Feb. 15th, giant sunspot 1158 unleashed an X2-class eruption. X-flares are the strongest type of x-ray flare, and this is the first such eruption of new Solar Cycle 24. The explosion that produced the flare also sent a solar tsunami rippling through the sun's atmosphere and, more importantly, hurled a coronal mass ejection toward Earth. This raises the possibility of geomagnetic storms in the days ahead.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Interesting, and thanks for the heads up. At approximately 11:35pm last night in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago I experienced a power outage/fluctuation.

I was in the rest room doing my business before bed and as I was sitting there I noticed that the light fixture above our sink flared brighter/dimmed (I'd say +/- 20-30% brightness for ~10 seconds in ~2-3 second increments) before our power went out for roughly 5 minutes before coming back on and having no further issues (that I know of) throughout the night.

I don't know if it's related since power across the major street behind our building was still on, however I don't know if that was backup power as they're commercial buildings.

Anyway, not sure if it's related but wanted to toss it out there to see if anyone else may have had similiar experiences...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'd watch out for some serious earth quakes over the next couple of days.... I would say between today and 5 days from now to be more exact.

Call it a hunch.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
I'd watch out for some serious earth quakes over the next couple of days.... I would say between today and 5 days from now to be more exact.

Call it a hunch.

~Namaste

Well the guy in the video also mentioned earthquakes, but the association is not really clear. Who knows, maybe military wait for events like these as a cover to let off a few nukes underground

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Thanks for the video link Wild, I usually look in at Spaceweather.com, but they haven't picked up on this yet. BTW you look like the girl on BBC's Click.
Thanks to OP for the thread.
edit on 15-2-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

This just in: Jakarta - Earthquake 6.1

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostcat
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

This just in: Jakarta - Earthquake 6.1

Source? There was one on Monday Im on this end of the ball.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Ho dear that did not happen did it?

top topics

join