It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My brothers twin and mine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Im not chalking this up to anything other than coincidence, but its a neat story I thought I would share.

On Sunday, Feb 13, I was flying from San Diego back home to Michigan. I had a two hour layover in Ohare.
As I was sitting by myself at the gate, impatiently waiting for the flight to board, I was listening to my IPOD on my iPhone. I had just gotten off the phone with my brother, because he was the one that was going to pick me up at the airport when I arrived. I was letting him know that I should be there in a little over an hour.
People were all over and the gate was getting busier as the time got closer to board.
I looked up and there was this guy walking towards me.
He eventually took a seat about 4 seats down from me, sitting on the same side of the seating rows.
As he approached and was heading directly towards me I looked up at his face and did literally, a triple take.
This guy looked just like me from front on.
I mean EXACTLY!
I about flipped out.
I cant imagine that at that point he noticed me, because I would assume he would have had some kind of reaction by seeing his twin starting right at him.
Now, I stand at about 6'2 and weigh about 190lbs. I am on the thin side.
This guy probably stood about 6'2, as well, but probably leaned towards 220 or so. He had more of a solid body than I do. He apparently has spent a tad more time in the gym than me.

Here is where it gets weird.

As he was sitting next to me, like I stated about 4-5 seats away I looked at him again and to my complete and utter surprise, his profile view looked 100%, identical to my younger brother.
I stared at this guy for about 10 seconds before I realized I was staring and looked away.
Of course, I kept looking at this guy and even positioned myself in a manner that I could look at him without turning my head and looking like a freak.
Now my brother is about 5'9 and on the heavier side. But 100% IDENTICAL to my brothers profile view.

I got to thinking as I was sitting there about other peoples reactions. So I was kind of looking at other people to see if they registered that this guy and myself looked alike and sure as sh*t, one lady was looking at us both. Shifting her head from him to me to him to me for a few seconds. She didnt comment or anything, but it was obvioius (at least to me) that she was comparing our features. Or so it seemed anyway.

So, Im staring at this guy again and he turns his head and we make eye contact. Neither of us said anything but looked at each other for few seconds before shifting our eyes.

I probably should have struck up a conversation with him and in hind sight am a little upset that I did not. I was hungover and really just wanted to get home to my bed.

Like I said...weird story. Especially since my brother and I dont much alike. How could guy look like me from the front and my brother from the side?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have a hypothesis,

It is reasonable to assume, since his features resembled you,
and your brother, that there is a genetic link.
Therefor, it is safe to assume that somewhere down the line you and him are related.

Something to consider, if he is perhaps older than you, as I did not see an age...
he could be your father. (extending the thought, also could be your brothers father.)

To explain how it could be possible, with least insult to your mothers integrity,
he could be a sperm donor,
perhaps your father has a low sperm count or an extra chromazone, as to cause sterility.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Maybe you just look more like your brother than you think...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
They say "Everyone has a double" I've heard several of these stories from people i've known through the years... and in each case the two people who looked aliked were no way related...

Heck even I got one... and I met him... several times... on one such event... we were wearing the same exact outfit! down to the same boots and socks!!!
also another fun fact... i got a scar from a fight above my left eye... on his left eye an scar from an car wreck... he even ended up dating the same chick... now thats odd!!! and i am in no way related to him! trust me...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

This response gave me a chuckle.
I am 37, my brother is 35.
Although I can easily pass for late 20's. Most people think my brother is older than me.
This guy looked like he was in his late 20's.'

As for being related down the line. I thought of that. I suppose its possible.
We are from Greek ancestry and our fathers father's (grandfather) family was the first to migrate to US.
Both my brother and I look like my father, and when we were both kids looked just like our mother when she was our age.

This just gave me a thought though. Our mother passed away from a car accident when I was 3 and my brother was 1. Maybe Dad got a little frisky with a woman and wasn't cautious during his mourning years.
This theory seems acceptable.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
They say "Everyone has a double" I've heard several of these stories from people i've known through the years... and in each case the two people who looked aliked were no way related...

Heck even I got one... and I met him... several times... on one such event... we were wearing the same exact outfit! down to the same boots and socks!!!
also another fun fact... i got a scar from a fight above my left eye... on his left eye an scar from an car wreck... he even ended up dating the same chick... now thats odd!!! and i am in no way related to him! trust me...

I can only imagine that occurance that took place when the ex met the other for the first time.

That's really weird about tastes and such you mention. i.e. socks, outfit, boots.
And the same scar received from different events.

Does this type of phenomenon have a name?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

According to my Mum, my double was her cousin Ailsa... problem was, that Ailsa was my Mum's cousin, so over 50 at the time, and I just couldn't see it myself. (I was in my teens and my mum had borne me late in life.)
My sister looked just like our cousin in England, who was actually a second cousin, or something similar...
Vicky

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

you know... i never really looked into it too much. I just pretty much automatically just said to myself "It is what it is" maybe it really is what it is... but now that the OP mentions it and you bring it up... what is the name of this phenomenon... surely others have had this same experience? Surely somewhere on the net there is info in relation to this? I got to get ready for work, but I'll look deeper into this when I get back

top topics

join