It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army apologises for soldiers made redundant by e-mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Army apologises for soldiers made redundant by e-mail

www.bbc.co.uk

The Army has apologised after a reported 38 soldiers learned they were losing their jobs by e-mail.

It comes as it emerged up to 100 RAF trainee pilots - a quarter of the total - will be told they have to leave.

"It would be bad enough to treat any soldier like this. But these men are 22-year long-serving senior non-commissioned officers - the backbone of the army.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
In these times of a supposed global war on terror and with protests popping up all over the place, is this the correct time to lay these people off?

In the last few months, I've seen adverts on tv where the army, navy and airforce have been on a recruiting drive. Morale is dropping at a fast pace.

It is actions like this, that come from the government, that end up with the army backing protesters like the recent events we have seen in Egypt.

It's too costly to keep these military personnel employed, yet there is a war on, that the majority would prefer to end, and is costing millions of pounds and hundreds of lives.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What?! Thats messed up... where I live, in my home state...they are laying off left and right, company here... company there... post offices have closed... fire stations... but seriously... the Military cutting jobs?!?!
Actually i'm not one damned bit surprised... it wont be long before the rooster gets laid off from his job of crowing at sun up... unfortunately for the rooster there is no unemployment line... only the frying pan... give it a few more years... with enough penniless people... it will be the frying pan for us!
edit on 15-2-2011 by EvolEric because: spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have little respect for soldiers on the front line. I don't care if these soldiers are 'protecting our country' I don't own it and neither does anyone else, we all reside on a pieces of land on a planet that has been divided up naturally or by man and given a name, nothing more nothing less.

I have little respect for anyone that would literally allow themselves to be brainwashed in to shooting another hu-man being because they are told that person is the enemy.However this is a clear example that shows just how corrupt and heartless the MOD/DOD are.

I mean you have to laugh, these guys and girls risk their life in order to make way for massive amounts of corruption and money to flow in to the pockets of the elites and still these poor unsuspecting fools continue to be used day after day after day, if thats not brainwashed then what is?

Answer me this: How many al quaeda have been caught and arrested in Afghanistan since the UK troops moved in?

edit on 15-2-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Disgusted ... It’s just totally disgusting.

My sympathy goes out to them and all their families.

I feel this will backfire on the defence force and they will regret it.
Stupid stupid decision.

If you want to cut defence spending start with the private companies that work for defence,
not the soldiers.

im still GRRRR so im adding more

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The backbone workers are the ones being screwed over, even in the military. Goes to show, the military is based on money and business, and not realy a military.be, all you can be, in the army indeed

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Even in the military, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

No...the rich get richer... the poor get killed.

The poor are those fighting any war (as part of their 'job' or as part of a resistance), civilians that get caught in the crossfire or anyone in an area attacked from a distance by drones that have no sympathy, no judgement, no feelings or emotions.. Drones just kill.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This story is pretty crazy. One of the soldiers is apparently still serving in Afghanisation, and all of them have many years service. With regards the RAF trainee pilots, some of them were literally hours from graduating, yet were still dismissed. Each pilot costs up to £4m to train, and they will now be dismissed with absolutely nothing to show for it- what a ridiculous decision. As someone who is on the waiting list to join the RAF, although not as a pilot, it's nice to see pretty much any career prospects I have, in todays limited job market, getting slimmer and slimmer. If anyone has a lawn that needs mowing, send me a U2U

edit on 15-2-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

If you want to cut defence spending start with the private companies that work for defence,
not the soldiers.

IMO, cuts do not need to be made anywhere.. you just need to focus on who the real criminals/enemy are.. A lot of people feel that these are the banks/bankers..

look at this.

UK banks are getting tens of billions of pounds in "hidden subsidies" from taxpayers and customers on top of direct state support, a report says. The biggest subsidy, worth possibly £30bn a year, comes from the state standing behind the banks, the New Economics Foundation (NEF) has said. Increased interest rates to borrowers amounts to another £2.5bn a year. But the British Bankers' Association (BBA) said the financial services industry paid £54bn in tax in 2010.

The NEF, an independent economic think-tank, has said the banks received £1.2tn in support during the financial crisis.

This equates to 85% of the UK's national income in 2009, it said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And on top of that we have;

Banking group Barclays has reported pre-tax profits of £6.07bn for the full-year 2010, slightly higher than analysts were expecting.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And then when you look a little bit further, it just seems to get worse..

Libraries will be merged with sports centres and recycling collections halved under Salford City Council plans to absorb cuts of more than £40m.

www.bbc.co.uk...

A package of £60m cuts over 12 months has been backed by Norfolk County Council at a meeting.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Something's got to give..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I have little respect for soldiers on the front line. I don't care if these soldiers are 'protecting our country' I don't own it and neither does anyone else, we all reside on a pieces of land on a planet that has been divided up naturally or by man and given a name, nothing more nothing less.

Because you say so? That is grand! Let me assure you one thing... After reading your post... I am sure, these brave men and women have ZERO respect for you either.

I am sure they would prefer not to have your respect, for you and your worldly views are nothing to respect.

I have little respect for anyone that would literally allow themselves to be brainwashed in to shooting another hu-man being because they are told that person is the enemy.However this is a clear example that shows just how corrupt and heartless the MOD/DOD are.

Brainwashed?
Some people have a better grasp on reality than others... The world is not this peaceful place that would simply flourish and prosper if all the armies of the world stood down. Apparently you don't understand the "human condition"

I mean you have to laugh, these guys and girls risk their life in order to make way for massive amounts of corruption and money to flow in to the pockets of the elites and still these poor unsuspecting fools continue to be used day after day after day, if thats not brainwashed then what is?

Laugh, really? These men and women believe in something much bigger than themselves.. These men and women are protecting our country... You find this laughable? Of course there are "bad" soldiers. Corruption and brutality exists everywhere.. Ignorance and delusions are evident everywhere.. Even here at ATS, you are proof of that.

Answer me this: How many al quaeda have been caught and arrested in Afghanistan since the UK troops moved in?

Such a silly question... When our troops kill a insurgent, do they check for Al-Qaeda ID? Are you implying that ZERO Al-qaeda have been killed? That would sure be a ignorant thing to say...

I am very very happy, that folks like yourself are here on ATS spewing such ignorant posts, and not running for office somewhere... I guess I should be happy that you will never have enough clout or "pull" to ever set into action, your world views.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

-Yawn - sorry you were saying? oh yes thats right you were adding nothing relevant that was worth reading so I switched off for a minute, yes it seems that there is an awful lot of 'insurgents' around areas the pipelines need to go, in truth I expect hundreds of innocent people are being slaughtered because they are labelled 'insurgents'

I still stand by what I said, zero respect for anyone who carries a gun and shoots someone because they are told so.

"But these people are protecting our freedom" - BS to that, our freedom was taken away once the decision was made to give the majority of power to the financial istitutions. Don't kid yourself, the men and women, or shall I say drones are fighting in order to maintain minimal conflict whilst the pipe lines are laid and the poppy seed trade is established. Wake up its nearly time for the finale.

Peace

FSF x

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is terrible, but hopefully some of these "disgruntled" pilots will be so mad, that they start singing like canaries about clandestine activities they are privy to. Or, maybe they know something additional about ufo's, that they would like to share with the us. Or, anything "classified". Sorry if reply sounds cold, its not intentional.

top topics

join