It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contacting Angels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Does anyone know how I could contact an Angel? Actually have a conversation with it? Im really interested in doing so. While were on the subject has anyone here talked to an angel? If so how did you come about doing this?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
what if ..instead of contacting an angel, you are contacting demons?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Its great to contact your angels, I do this very often,

heres a site with alittle info

paranormal.about.com...

To answer your question further,
Yes on many occasions it started when i was in real need of help.
I come to a dead end on what to do, While laying in bed i was reading a mag and it had an artical about angels, i thought about it and done what it said,

I wrote a letter to the gate keeper angel told all that was wrong,
(ie. i had debts that were really getting out of hand and i could not cope)

Then i put it under my pillow, I really believed that this might just help.
i almost felt more calm about it!

Anyhows the next day one of the major bills that i was most worried about fell on the floor, i picked it up and underneath was a little feather i picked it up and kinda looked puzzled,
then i heard my post man so i put down the letter to get my mail.
Another warning bill i thought, so i opened it! to my complete shock the bill i was most worried about turned out to be a miss reading by the company!! So i did not owe 700 pounds but really only owed 65 pounds!!

lol i was crying! I really think that somehow this angel helped me. gave me what i needed no more, sure i still had other bills but now i could cope.

many times after this i have often called upon an angel for help or guidence and to this day i have never been let down,
YOu dont always get what you asked for, but i always got something i needed to help.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by asala]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
hello asala

is that one in your avatar your guardian angel

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Interesting story! Maybe I should write a note to my angel about my troubles and see if I can get a sign.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I never heard of that, I wish I knew about it last week though..

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
lol check me out.........I just got out paper and pen and wrote a letter to ANGELS pleading for things I want help with.

(why not it COULD happen?)

I do believe in Angels and only thought to try to contact them through prayer......SO I will try this! I am open for new ideas.

I will let you know of any positive results, but I think I should put a time limit on this. hmmmmmm. Lets say one week?

OK in one week I shall report back of any results of my letter to the Angels. I am going to put it under my pillow as well......

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
For the angels to come to your assistance often requires a purity of the heart. In other words, they don't tend to respond when they know you're filled with negativity & falsehood. You can't fool your higher self and you certainly can't fool the angels. That's my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How do you address the letter? How do you make it so that the angel will know it's addressed to them? (Am I falling into one of these "Oh, they'll know" traps?)

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

For the angels to come to your assistance often requires a purity of the heart. In other words, they don't tend to respond when they know you're filled with negativity & falsehood

Why is it only for the pure hearted ? Doesnt everyone have an angel to help them ?

Before you ask I am not one of the negative people, I do consider myself pure of heart.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm not telling you how to live, or what value- or religious system to choose. I'm just telling you about my own belief system, in the hope that it might prove interesting to you, on a purely anthropological basis.

I happen to be a Christian, who takes the Bible seriously but doesn't see demons behind every bit of car trouble or hailstorm that comes my way.

That said, I think the Bible portrays angels as beings that exist to serve God. They are not portrayed in the text as being particularly attached to an individual. In other words, the concept of a "guardian angel," useful as it may be, does not come from Jewish or Christian scripture, as far as I know.

The Letters of the New Testament DO STRESS that a lot of people are misled by evil spirits that PRETEND to be angels, and these documents give helpful advice for telling the difference. First John 4:1-4 gives a test to see if angels are from God or not. That is a litmus test that most Bible-believing Christians use to see whether or not a spiritual being is what it claims to be.

On a personal level (i.e., I cannot back it up from scripture, just my own experience), I believe that a lot of ouija board and "crossing over" experiences are actually disembodied spirits pretending to be dead loved ones, or angels or whatever, just to get your attention.

I suspect that such spirits feed off of your attention to them (I think the beings called "aliens" are similar). They will do or say pretty much anything to get you to focus on them.

As a Christian, I believe it's improper to pray to angels, or to seek their help instead of God's. The first commandment forbids praying (or asking for spiritual favors) from anyone but the God of the Bible. Since I follow that belief system, that is the course I follow. I have done much better in receiving help by praying to God than I ever did as a pagan.

Anyway, I'm not telling anyone else what to believe; just offering my own experience in the hope it will entertain and possibly inform you on your own journey.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why do people so constantly dwell upon the creation when they can have an intimate, personal relationship with the Creator? For surely The Maker is greater than the made.

Why do you wish to talk to an angel? They are but messengers.
- Tass

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ditto last post.

How can those of you that believe in angels not believe in Christ? You may think that you do, but the first and most important commandment is that you have no other God before the Lord. If you pray to angels or worship them in any other way, you are putting them before Christ and the Lord. You may ask the Lord for help, but if you tell the Lord how to help you, you are bypassing the system of faith that he has directed. Don't forget that satan is also an angel, so if that is what you are actually looking for; some kind of enlightenment from an angelic being, then I pray that you ask the Lord for assistance and to help you re-think the matter.

top topics

join