It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 different scenarios i've thought about alot....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
1) say in 1947 they were NOT able (for some reason) to hide the fact that a ufo did crash in new mexico. Do you think things would be different now and would there have been rioting and panic as the goverment says there would be, would technology be more advanced since the goverment would be able to get more people involved to reverse engineer items found on the craft??

2) if the same scenario that happened in 1947 happened today, how do u think people would deal? would they be able to cover it up with the way media and news travels today? keep people calm? etc, etc, etc.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by whos_out_there]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whos_out_there
2) if the same scenario that happened in 1947 happened today, how do u think people would deal? would they be able to cover it up with the way media and news travels today? keep people calm? etc, etc, etc.

Wow, thats a good one. I reckon they might be able to if they tried hard enough but it would be near impossible.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Who knows if some alien technology has not already been packaged to us? Some of things suddenly started appearing the same time or a little after Roswell, etc. came out. Some of said inventions like Fiber Optics totally appeared out of nowhere...who knows if things like these things placed into society were taken from an Alien spacecraft.

This is all speculation of course, but kind of a coincidence. There are more things like Fiber Optics, but I dont feel the need to list them all!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good questions....I'll bite...

1) say in 1947 they were NOT able (for some reason) to hide the fact that a ufo did crash in new mexico. Do you think things would be different now and would there have been rioting and panic as the goverment says there would be, would technology be more advanced since the goverment would be able to get more people involved to reverse engineer items found on the craft??

Initially, yes. But, in 1947, there was much more faith in government. Fact is, it would have been EASIER to come out about it then... But, with the unknowns at the time (Russia, etc. other nations stances, after the war), I can see why they decided a coverup would be best...(I would have agreed). Hindsight is 20/20, hehe.... Yes, I think we'd be more advanced perhaps, but the other flip side to this, is that we wouldn't have had time to build up anti-EBE defenses either...something that was easier to do in secret.

Easier. They would have said it was a downed test plane, and with the funky planes we KNOW exist, such as the Raptor, F17, etc. it would have been pretty easy to believe. Not to mention, there is a protocal now, something they didn't have back then (which is why it went to hell then)...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Easier. They would have said it was a downed test plane, and with the funky planes we KNOW exist, such as the Raptor, F17, etc. it would have been pretty easy to believe. Not to mention, there is a protocal now, something they didn't have back then (which is why it went to hell then)...

I think it would depend on where it came down really.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Google-- Phoenix Lights

That one was viewed by alot of people fairly recently!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asclepius

Originally posted by Gazrok

I think it would depend on where it came down really.

i would have to agree with the fact that it would depend on where it comes down. it would be majorly different if it came down in the middle of a corn field in wisconsin or if it crashed in downtown las vegas, or maybe on long island.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
with luck it would crash into a government building

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm not so sure.... There are saucer shaped drones...it'd be pretty plausible to use them in an explaination... They've been at this over half a century folks......

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'd say the place it lands would'nt matter to me (unless in grand canyons or something) because the population is so much bigger now than in 1947, especially if it crashed in the same exact spot it did back then. So the odds of someone running up to the ship before the government does have to be greater i'd think, And i'm sure they have some video cameras in hand. '
'

new topics

top topics

join