It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Nicola Manfredi.. Italy. UFO 13th June 2010...very interesting footage and info..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by goatfish
It's really a shame that his camera is on auto-focus and thrashing back and forth.

Yes, and there's a good reason for that:

The video was made behind a window and the auto-focus system is disturbed by the window interleaved between the cameraman and the background landscape.

I bet that the camera is set with both an ultrasonic sound waves and a classic mechanical autofocus system...

Active autofocus systems will typically not focus through windows, since sound waves and infrared light are reflected by the glass.

SOURCE

So, the consequence is that there's a conflict between the two autofocus systems with one that detect the glass and another that detect the background landscape.

Finally, the camera automatically found a compromise between the two and that's why, after approximately 3', it stands on an intermediate focus, showing an artificial shape for the "UFO".

But what is this "UFO"?

You'll notice that it constantly stay (comparatively to a fixed reference point on the landscape) at the exact same place...

My best bet would be that this is only a sort of LED ceiling lamp behind the cameraman and what we see is its reflection on the window...

In my investigations, I ever met a similar case:

In Portugal last year for example... the "UFO":

The ceiling lamp source of the reflection:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks for your input on this, it's an interesting idea

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
However, this seems to indicate that the lights are not a reflection on a window.

Then again, I don't have the expertise to say if this is a compression artifact
The gif was made from video #2 at around the 2 min mark.
edit on 24-2-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good find!

It will confirm my revision of this case, as seems like there's another more prosaic explanation that I will expose here later.

I was wrong about the window reflection and you just confirm it, thanks!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
OK, here's what I'm talking about:

In the second video, there's some zoomed out frames at the end where we can clearly see that there's a far away background mountain, not visible in the first video due to haze and distance, and the "ufo" is standing in front of these mountains... at the exact same place...

So what we have is probably a powerful light in the background mountains, maybe car headlights.

If we continue straight to the line until these mountains, we found some little burgs:

So this is probably only a misidentification, IMO.

Case closed?

Credits

for the original finding goes to "Alain.M and Rodolphe" on the French UFO board

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

So what we have is probably a powerful light in the background mountains, maybe car headlights.

The measurement you posted puts the mountain 11 miles (17km) away no?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Yes, that's right.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join