It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Karma" is the SOURCE of evil.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

That is one perspective, however, with a perspective of being imprisoned by evil, we will have a cause to fight for good! And if the duality problem of good and evil prevails, we will at least be able to perceive ourselves as being trapped, giving us a reason to free ourselves.
edit on 16-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

How do you propose to know what is right and what is wrong? You cannot know. All you can know is your individual perspective or take on a situation. Nothing is inherently "bad" or "good". All things are only what they are.

All situations/relationships/things are essentially the same, energetically, with the only real variation occurring in the intensity and breadth of the encounter. All situations/relationship/things are then viewed by us according to our place in the thing. Enlightenment becomes greater as you expand your perceptions so that you can see this nonduality, this oneness in all things/events/relationships. As long as you hold on to this idea of duality without exploring other possibilities or potentials for "how things are", you are missing out on the greatest part of understanding and finding peace. You hold only conflict in your grasp with duality.

Examine your own actions, every moment of every day. Do you ever hurt anyone? Does no one ever suffer for your actions, your thoughts? If you cannot, then who are you to judge the goodness/righteousness/benevolence, evil/wrongness/malevolence of others and their actions? If you do believe that you are that infallible, I suggest you take a closer look. Is it just that you can justify "faults" in your own behavior that you cannot condone in others? Think long and hard about this.

Faults are human constructs. Evil and good are human constructs. Not just human, but for a short period only. Our human societal perspectives change through the ages. What used to be okay no longer is, but very likely was before and again in a different place was not. They are subjective to many things. If you are looking for absolutes, you will find that all things are and nothing is, equally. Your personal perspective is not absolute, except for in your eyes and only if your ego so badly needs it to be so. That does not make it right or wrong, good or bad, black or white, hot or cold. That only makes it what you perceive it to be at the time.

"All the suffering of this world arises from a wrong attitude.
The world is neither good or bad.
It is only the relation to our ego that makes it seem the one or the other."
Lama Anagorika Govinda

What you must examine is the intent with which you believe/feel/do things. If you do something time and time again thinking that it's for someone's good (your own or others) but it turns out badly every time, perhaps you need to more closely examine your intent. We lie to ourselves all the time. Finding your way out of that lie will allow you to more clearly see karma and its machinations. It is not as you believe it to be now though, of that you can be very certain. It is not a system of rewards or punishments as you believe.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You are correct, however, what if we literally did not have the facility to perceive our actions as right or wrong, there would be no such thing, as we would not have definitions for them. With no such definitions, we would have no basis upon which to alter our behaviour in light of a choice between right or wrong irregardless of what our definitions of right and wrong might be. Any definition of polarity would not exist in our awareness, and our actions would simply be as they were, without interferrence from any "karmic" or "moral" construct imposed by "choice". Although it might seem a bit over-used, the idea of "sin" - or, to miss the target (archery) - originates from us knowing the difference between right and wrong (good and evil) in the first place.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Karma is a bunch of bollocks only people who believe in karma have trouble because they think too many bad thoughts

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
In a way, I believe that many of our hopes and willingness to believe in these doctrines are a kind of "Stockholm Syndrome" - basically, begging our captors for an escape, obeying their "rules" when there are actually ways to cheat the system if not get it to collapse entirely. We really are monkeys to them - the rulers that is.

This looks to be your most significant post in this thread.

Do you have any ideas on how to actually "cheat" or "collapse" the Lords of Karma's system of Interdependence and Dependent-Origination?

edit on 16-2-2011 by Tamahu because: added link

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Yes, you must be "karmically" interdependent on yourself. It is through false-identification with other people that we believe them to be ourselves, and thus we "carry them along" with our actions. In my view, it is not "karma" but really all the individuals that either owe you something, or thing that they owe to you. The exact nature of "payment" is up to each individual, and whether or not you are "forgiven" is entireley up to chance. My perspective is that the laws of nature, the tendencies and mechanisms that evolved over billions of years, are so perfectly attuned to be in harmony with the planet, these form the basis of our instincts. However, we have the ability to go against our evolutionary programming (and it is called "free will") when really we are that which we were evolved as, and it is really against our true free will to have "free will". Its difficult at this stage because we have to escape the whole construct in its entirety.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

You use the word "knowing" as an absolute, as though our beliefs of something make it so. They do not. Our "knowledge" is subjective. We can know nothing definitively. We can only give things values for the time and place we are now. They are not universal nor are they eternal. One case is never the same as another.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
what if being negative brings positive which is really negative, or the being positive brings negative that is really positive. We could go on and on with these kind of discussions. These conversations just derail from other topics that might or should be discussed. I noticed a growing trend of people making threads like this

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

You know, I think thats the answer...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I wanted to explain I've been at this very answer myself (the name of the thread already had my reply ready to type up).

Karma can be gained +/- using pure selflessness however a (for a more general term) semi-englightened being they can condition their higher self and/or multidimentional consciousness' into doing good, giving them karma which can be used in any way they wish if it was pre-planned and set far back in the sub-conscious.

Very evil stuff indeed I hope sharing this information let's you see what people will do to gain something - it's truly horrific in every respect.

And yet, I cannot change the balance until harmony is restored -

*off restoring harmony for the universe*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join