It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most electrifying moment in sports entertainment I've seen in years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just watch the first few minutes... I got goosebumps and I don't even like wrestling.

edit on 14-2-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
i vote this '!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
At work, for reference when I'm not; wrestling or "wrestling"?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

The real heroes are the troops in Saudi Arabia? WTF. hehehe

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
i vote this '!

Im sorry but can you give more description of this event? I havent been in US this long enough to witness this so i have no idea, some kind of hockey finals match up during gulf war?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
well to me this was the most insane combacks in NBA

edit on 15-2-2011 by ruffagii because: misspell

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I thought WWE was acting? Isn't it scripted? If it is then the outcome is pre set and there is no competition. Can't really call it a sport.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Truly one of the best feel good moments of the year. Man I needed that. A little bit of old school for us. The people need heros and the ones they have had are just not cutting it lately. This promises to be a good wrestlemania. Thanks for posting. If ya smelllllllllllllllllll......what the Rock.....is.....cookin

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbilly001
I thought WWE was acting? Isn't it scripted? If it is then the outcome is pre set and there is no competition. Can't really call it a sport.

My son has wrestled and practiced with a few of these guys from this show, they hit each other, they go home with whelps on the bodies, and hit each other with foreign objects. Scripted, yea…maybe just enough to get your blood pressure up, but it take an athlete with lots of endurance to run around the ring and do the stunts they do.
edit on 2/15/2011 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

south park got it right. this is a soap opera.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Thats why they call it "Sports Entertainment" now and not a sport.

I am very excited to see him return he has awesome personality and make the show alot more entertaining IMO

edit on 15-2-2011 by pez1975 because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

So does this mean all hollywood stuntmen/women are considered athletes. What defines a sport. If it's physical exertion and endurance and not the competition then the construction industry is full of proffesional athletes.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
One of the best Wrestlmania were Rock and Stone Cold.

edit on 15-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Even though wrestling is fake I have to give those guys props. (not the wrestling props). Any huge muscular man that can stand up on the ropes ropes, and do a backflip then land on another guy without killing him is pretty talented in my book.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Shdak

So does this mean all hollywood stuntmen/women are considered athletes. What defines a sport. If it's physical exertion and endurance and not the competition then the construction industry is full of proffesional athletes.

Lets see, here is one defination for sports: A sport consists of a normal physical activity or skill carried out under a publicly agreed set of rules, and with a recreational purpose: for competition, for self-enjoyment, to attain excellence, for the development of skill, or some combination of these. The difference of purpose is what characterises sport, combined with the notion of individual (or team) skill or prowess.

That should answer your question, I think... as for as stuntmen/women, if they need to stay in top physical shape to do their job...yes I would consider them athletic not athletes, same for the construction industries; but I would not consider them as being in a sport which athletes tend to participate in.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I agree with you, I think I was let down when I was old enough and learned WWE was fake. It was like finding out Santa was not real. Back when it was WWF I would watch it every saturday with my brother. I remember signing up in JR high school for wrestling and thinking to myself "what the hell is this crap, were are the chairs and ladders". Anyways everyone enjoys what they do, for me WWE just doesn't do anything for me.

new topics

top topics

join