It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible "circumstantial" evidence that current weather is an attempt to raise the economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have recently seen two new commercials that raise my suspicions that the 2011 superstorms are man made. While it is quite possible that these commercials were made in light of the superstorms, it seems atleast in my opinion that they may have been made pryor to; with complete fore-knowledge of the storms' capability.

I honestly can't fathom that these commercials were just whipped up after the fact. I'm no TV buff but I imagine production on a well made commercial is a little longer than a few short weeks. The speedy response to the storms raises a lot of flags in my book.

So, have these commercials been waiting around for the storms to do their damage so that AWD's/SUV's and home/property insurance etc. can be sold? Or are they merely companies taking advantage of a crisis? Take a look. What do you think?

Also if there is anyone out there experiencing the crazy weather effects in a country other than the US, what kind of commericials are you seeing now?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

You'd be amazed how fast they can pump out a topical commercial..
I'd say these were made after the storms..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
sadly the economy is now too badly damaged to be fixed up. To really improve the economy we should: Get Massive cuts on our defense budget, withdraw all overseas bases, destroy wall street and shut dow corporate banks, legalize drugs, and deport all illegal immigrants

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

You'd be amazed how fast they can pump out a topical commercial..
I'd say these were made after the storms..

You are probably right. I am more than likely just reading into this a little too far.

Whats that saying everyone uses around here??? oh ya... Never let a crisis go to waste.

That being said, I bet Australia's boat sales are breaking records

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I reckon theres another consiracy. Its posts like these that attempt to convince people stuff that doesn't exist does exist and therefore create a paranoia that will eventually spread.

The real conspiracy is how educated people get like this. But it's ATS after all

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You are probably right. I am more than likely just reading into this a little too far.
Whats that saying everyone uses around here??? oh ya... Never let a crisis go to waste.
That being said, I bet Australia's boat sales are breaking records

Not so much on boats but you can't find a water pump, generator or sand bags..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
sadly the economy is now too badly damaged to be fixed up. To really improve the economy we should: Get Massive cuts on our defense budget, withdraw all overseas bases, destroy wall street and shut dow corporate banks, legalize drugs, and deport all illegal immigrants

There really isn't anything I can to add to this laundry list of necessary choices the US should make. Now having said that, I would like to point out that your comment has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. While the ideas you present may be true, they do not give your thoughts on the videos I posted.

I wasn't asking about the state of the economy. I was asking if major corporations had pryor knowledge to the recent superstorms and if so is the evidence found in these commercials... Just Sayin.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Snow happens. Commercials like this come out every year. There is always a big snowstorm somewhere in the country, and these commercials can be marketed more heavily to those places.

I live in Colorado. We usually have one day of virtual whiteout at some point during the year; a year without such snow as to make these commercials hit us is one that frightens us.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
I reckon theres another consiracy. Its posts like these that attempt to convince people stuff that doesn't exist does exist and therefore create a paranoia that will eventually spread.

The real conspiracy is how educated people get like this. But it's ATS after all

Hmmm... I don't know if I should take offense to this comment so I will just ask this.

How exactly am I trying to convince anyone of anything? Did you read the title, it clearly states the word possible which means "to be determined", as in it hasn't become fact or fiction yet.

Some "educated" people would actually argue that I am the one who is being convinced and not the readers. Hence I am asking for information and opinions from others instead of force feeding them a bunch of muddled crap. You don't see me in here trying to give false facts and spreading fear do you?

I presented a question along with the reasoning for said question. I guess I should have paid my bridge toll before doing so, or atleast read the sign that stated 'Beware of trolls'...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Snow happens. Commercials like this come out every year. There is always a big snowstorm somewhere in the country, and these commercials can be marketed more heavily to those places.
Quite true I must admit this.

I live in Colorado. We usually have one day of virtual whiteout at some point during the year; a year without such snow as to make these commercials hit us is one that frightens us.
I was born at St. Joseph Hosp in Denver, so beleive me I understand what you are saying. But I can't do anything but wonder what Dodge AWD and ALLState sales are doing in places like Oklahoma, a week after approx. 2 ft falls in 24 hours.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OatDelphi

Quite true I must admit this.

I was born at St. Joseph Hosp in Denver, so beleive me I understand what you are saying. But I can't do anything but wonder what Dodge AWD and ALLState sales are doing in places like Oklahoma, a week after approx. 2 ft falls in 24 hours.

I did not actually watch the ads, having some idea of their basic contents -- but does either one have any reference to Oklahoma? Or couldn't they just be ads that they decided to add to the rotation in OK because of the circumstances?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I did not actually watch the ads
If that is the case why are you even replying in this thread...Also admitting that you just glance over thread topics and then comment, isn't doing you credibility any favors in any other threads.

does either one have any reference to Oklahoma? Or couldn't they just be ads that they decided to add to the rotation in OK because of the circumstances?
No they don't mention Oklahoma by name, they do however(and you would have known this had you watched) try to sell things to people who don't regularly receive "white-out" snow- storms and heavy accumulations.

These commecials are not designed to sell SUV's and insurance to people who live near Loveland Pass, Central City, Idaho Springs or ElDora and receive 8 inches every other day. They are designed to strike fear in the people who don't regularly get 24 inches of snow at one time.

Now again I am not sure whether the commercials were produced for the storms or in light of them. I do think it is kinda strange that these commercials directly feed off what recently just happened in the Eastern half of the US over the last few weeks. It is my opinion that they do this more-so than the regular "wintertime" SUV and insurance commercials normally do. But as stated earlier I may just be reading into this a little too far.

So..., if you have the time to actually watch the information being put forth I would like to garner your opinion whether it be for or against mine. But if you are just gonna give political ideologies, troll, or admittedly not watch the information put in front of you; honestly I don't care to hear your opinion and would hope you would just pass this thread by.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OatDelphi

I did not actually watch the ads
If that is the case why are you even replying in this thread...Also admitting that you just glance over thread topics and then comment, isn't doing you credibility any favors in any other threads.

... Because I have seen the second one before, and I can guess pretty accurately at the contents. Get your head out of your ass.

does either one have any reference to Oklahoma? Or couldn't they just be ads that they decided to add to the rotation in OK because of the circumstances?
No they don't mention Oklahoma by name, they do however(and you would have known this had you watched) try to sell things to people who don't regularly receive "white-out" snow- storms and heavy accumulations.

These commecials are not designed to sell SUV's and insurance to people who live near Loveland Pass, Central City, Idaho Springs or ElDora and receive 8 inches every other day. They are designed to strike fear in the people who don't regularly get 24 inches of snow at one time.

You forget Denver, which may get that much once a year, but is full of stupid people who forget that this can happen. My boss has lived here for well over a decade and only just now bought snow tires.

Now again I am not sure whether the commercials were produced for the storms or in light of them. I do think it is kinda strange that these commercials directly feed off what recently just happened in the Eastern half of the US over the last few weeks. It is my opinion that they do this more-so than the regular "wintertime" SUV and insurance commercials normally do. But as stated earlier I may just be reading into this a little too far.

Yes, you are reading it too far. These commercials were produced in light of the fact that it freaking snows sometimes.

So..., if you have the time to actually watch the information being put forth I would like to garner your opinion whether it be for or against mine. But if you are just gonna give political ideologies, troll, or admittedly not watch the information put in front of you; honestly I don't care to hear your opinion and would hope you would just pass this thread by.

Political ideologies? Trolling? I do not think that you know what those mean.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

... Because I have seen the second one before, and I can guess pretty accurately at the contents. Get your head out of your ass.
Inflammatory remarks aside, this is a complete contradiction of what you previously stated...

I did not actually watch the ads, having some idea of their basic contents -- but does either one have any reference to Oklahoma?
So which is it? You have seen the second one and can guess at the contents of the 1st one? Or you haven't seen either but have an idea of what they entail? Wait no need to answer that because I know you are just gonna use the opened ended wording in that text to explain what you really meant...

Political ideologies? Trolling? I do not think that you know what those mean.
Really???

Example for Political Ideology not pertaining to this thread...

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Example of trolling in this thread...

Originally posted by daggyz

Now go play in someone else's thread little one... I am not trying to find a banter buddy. I'm trying to find warrant as to whether or not I should begin researching this even farther. I read your opinion, I appreciate it, goodbye.
edit on 15-2-2011 by OatDelphi because: quotes

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I don't know why, but I cannot help but address your inane nitpicking.

1) "I didn't watch the videos" does not contradict the statement "I have seen the second one." I have a damn television here.

2) The burden of proof is on the one with the extraordinary claim. The thread indicates no content to the ads beyond "buy this stuff as a response to severe snow conditions." It is not my responsibility to watch "evidence" which actually lacks any evidential content unless extraordinary content is suggested. Had you said "Yes, this ad contains particular references to areas which do not normally receive such snow", I would have ceased considering watching this video time wasted on a dumb advertisement.

3) Your post pretty clearly accused me of trolling and forwarding a political ideology, at least moreso than my posts contradicted each other.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I had a similar thought to yours just recently. I was thinking about how much money the energy utilities must be making this winter across North America. Think about all the propane/natural gas, kerosene and electricity that's being consumed this winter. From what I have seen on the news the past month or so even New Mexico was below zero. People are always going to pay to stay warm and keep their electricity on. I'm not saying I believe this is happening (weather manipulation to make a freezing snowy winter) but the thought did cross my mind. I for one cannot wait for Spring.

As far as the commericals/advertising go, I'm guessing they are seasonal in nature. Come spring, maybe we'll see some commercials of SUV's four-wheelin' it through flooded roads and "Mayhem" guy in a flooded basement? Who knows but it's something I'll watch for.

top topics

join