It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
....wanted to already be done with this life time and move to the next? Wether you believe in reincarnation, moving to the next level of 'being', going to another dimension, or heaven. Have you ever just felt like this life time has grown boring and/or you don't seem to be learning anything more from this life time and are ready for whats next? And I don't mean go kill yourself to get there, but its like just sitting here waiting for the next thing because this one grows stagnant.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
absolutely. i've felt like that for at least the past year and a half, maybe 2 years. there are still a lot of things in this life that i want to understand and know but my biggest question of them all is "what happens to us when we die?". sadly the only way i will ever know the answer to that question is to die. maybe there is nothing, maybe there is more of the same, maybe there is heaven, maybe there is hell, i don't know, but i want the answer to that more than anything. i'm not going to kill myself to find out, but i am definitely waiting anxiously to have the chance to find out.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by misterhype

I completely agree. And something else that comes to mind, I can't remember whom said it exactly, but I remember reading predictions or prophecies or something along those lines that said people would begin to feel out of place or unrest along these lines being described towards then end of times, thats not word for word but along those lines.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yup....

Don't you just hate it when that happens ?

Try and set your thread up in word, when it's done you can copy paste the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
got tired of foods. the years go bye, how many tuna sandwiches or mac n cheese or whatever can you eat before you're just sick of it.

'familiarity breeds contempt' is an old saying that rings true.

i could check out in my sleep tonight, happily.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hit the wrong key and erased this. Erg. Do that often.

Will get back to you after I get some sleep. Do hear what you're saying though, absolutely.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Whiffer Nippets because: Temperamental Macbook + half asleep user

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadStarState

Yes, that feeling has been growing in me for over a year now. I cannot stop it so I have chosen to embrace it and try to learn as much as I can about what's next.

Of course, we won't know for sure until it happens, but like you, although I am not out to "off" myself, I do spend a lot of time thinking about where I am going. It will be the journey to end all journeys I imagine.

I have found though that I have become much more in tune with nature though, and more altruistic as time goes by. Maybe that is what is supposed to happen, I have no idea.

Glad I am not the only one that is becoming more aware of these feelings...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have also had the same thoughts and to be honest I have come to the conclusion that absolutely nothing on this planet matters. When I say that I don't mean that there are no things that people should hold dear, for example there are people and places I love dearly in my life but in the overall scheme of things it's all just meaningless.

In a million years nobody will remember anything about you or me and in actuality it will take far less time than that.

People forget we are just a tiny spec floating through space and we really do take ourselves way too seriously.

Even tho I think a lot of things are pointless I still enjoy my life and try to have as many meaningful connections with people as I can while I am around. It does not hurt to have as much fun as possible.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
Something is coming......

But I don't think it is anything to fear nor as bad as we might imagine.

I know I must go closer TO the water - I will live there, near the edge of it. And something will 'happen' - things will be 'upset' and dangerous, but yet it is not so bad and I feel compelled to do this. I see this. I have been seeing it for over 30 years now.....

No Fear!

A change is coming, but I don't think it is anything to fear.....

I quite agree and I am no longer afraid as I once was. Not at all, but I haven't had the water experience. I actually have no desire to move anywhere, I am just sort of waiting.

Wish I knew for what though...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Since someone starred my erased post -

It had to do with constant dreams of buildings and water. That was about it.

I feel like "something" is coming - but also it is nothing to fear. Not much, anyway.

I will try to expand tomorrow, I need to get some sleep now. That was the crux of it though. Must've been pretty good if someone starred it
so I thought I would put the gist of it here again.

I hit the wrong keys - trying to go upwards or etc - somehow I wind up erasing things unintentionally. Erg.

Oh I had a good additional thought too - maybe we are 'tired' of things - and 'ready' for 'the new' - as we somehow know something new is coming?

(I just nearly erased this again. I hit the keys too fast, evidently. Oy.)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Never.

I'm living this life as best I can as if every day is a new life and there's no replay, rewind, pause or fast forward.

If there's nothing after this life wouldn't it be a bummer to quit ahead of time hoping for something else only to be faced with....nil?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by DeadStarState

I have found though that I have become much more in tune with nature though, and more altruistic as time goes by. Maybe that is what is supposed to happen, I have no idea.

Definately. I keep getting more and more interested in Off the Grid living. I don't want to have a 'job'. I'd like to just be living out in nature somewhere only working on things I need like water, food, and stuff of that nature. Stuff I actually -need- to make it. Easier said then done though.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets

Oh I had a good additional thought too - maybe we are 'tired' of things - and 'ready' for 'the new' - as we somehow know something new is coming?

I think thats right on. I think the nature, the animal that we really are which is inside of us is triggering it. Like an instinct. Kind of like in the wild when you see animals taking off running when something feels wrong to them.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This world is too interesting and there is too much to do to not find things to be interested in or to learn or to do.
There is not enough time in a lifetime to see all the cultures, art, music, and ways of life.

new topics

top topics

join