It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A date with a comet watch live

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by indunedain

no that is probably the cme heading this way

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
sucks they couldnt answer the flare question, someone ask them about the new planet they found

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsonninja

Nope.

Several reports said of an object that resembled a meteor that has spotted in the sky near the Philadelphia Navy Yard facility. And more reports bear out the likelihood that a meteor may have passed over the East Coast on Monday. The incident happened before 12:45 p.m. ET, according to witnesses who called Fox 29. There are also reports on Twitter and Facebook about the incident. The American Meteor Society contacted Fox 29 and said they had about 20 reports from spotters during that time period . Most meteor sightings are at nightime so the spate of reports during the day indicate the event is unusual. Fox 29 TV reporter Chris O'Connell also saw the object, which he described as "majestic" and "beautiful," at about 12:35 p.m. as he was driving on I-95 near the airport. A Fox 29 viewer spotted the object at 12:36 p.m. in Delaware. There also have been several reports of similar occurrences today in Connecticut and New York. Meteorites are naturally occurring objects that originate in space and survive a fall through Earth's atmosphere. Most are remnants of asteroids or possibly comets. The Navy Yard facility is on the Delaware River, which is also used as a flight path to Philadelphia International Airport. The American Meteor Society track meteorite spottings but has not yet posted anything today in its Web site.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I got off ustream, said it would be 6 more hours from time of this posting until all is good.
Was able to see a distant blip though so that was cool. - Thanks fro posting link!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

yeah 6 hours ugh lol oh well i will see in the morning nite peopel

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the pictures are now, finally, avaliable from nasa's stardust mission webpage. and yea, if they confirmed images safe 3 minutes after closest encounter the only explaination as to why it took so long is the 'processing' phase or what many since looking at the moon pictures and the 'false colour' mars pictures will attribute to photoshopping.

either that or 'the pictures are safe' did not mean they we're on earth. I may know how shuttles get up there but heck if I know nasa's protocol...

compared to one of the older photo's shown in the show which was full of stars and epic detail frankly I think the photo's are crap.

on a more interesting note nasa are saying the rock formed in white hot heat while the ice would have collected on it later, so they do know something more about comets =) just need them to catch up with all the tesla and zpe junkies who actually figured it out and we may get to mars this century...
edit on 15-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: clarity

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They've got something wrong there, the furthest away images were from hundreds of kilometres, yet the close ups had this.....

NASA's Stardust-NExT mission took this image of comet Tempel 1 at 8:39 p.m. PST (11:39 p.m. EST) on Feb 14, 2011, from a distance of approximately 946.05 trillion kilometers (587.85 trillion miles).

www.nasa.gov...

trillions of miles????????

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have pictures from the fly by of comet temple one taken by nasa at a range of 280 km at exactly

2011-02-15 04:57:52.8 UTC

oh and one at 1,053 km
and 7.416 km
598 km

The 280 km distance one i really cool looking so come on nasa i have the live pics
on my desktop in a file all dated and confirmed

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
N.A.S.A how come you still have not released the rest of the 68 or so pictures and mpgs yet?

You have had the images since 09:01 Pacific Time.

Since late last night,, you said that all 72 images would be downloaded to your image site immediately,,,, u have them,, why cant we see them yet?

2:03 pm Atlantic here.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
yea they didn't post the closest image taken that sux

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join