It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flare X-class 2.2

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

I agree it does look very quiet, everytime i have checked spaceweather.com during the last 24hrs the proton density is either 0.0 or very close and the wind speed also seems slower than has been normal of late. Who knows but this X2.2 should be interesting even if only to give us an idea of what to expect should we be down the barrel of a larger X flare during the peak of SC24

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

the quiet before the storm

hope my pc makes it...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
looks as though its arriving tonight/tomorrowish

Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be moderate with a chance for an isolated major flare for the next three days (17-19 February). Region 1158 is expected to produce more M-class flares and still has the potential for producing an M5 or greater x-ray event. There is a chance for isolated M-class activity from Region 1161. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be predominately quiet on day one (February 17). An increase to unsettled to active conditions, with a chance for minor storm periods is expected late on day one into day two (18 February). The increased activity is forecast due to the expected arrival of the CME associated with the X2 flare that occurred on 15/0156Z. Day three (19 February) is expected to be quiet to active as the disturbance subsides. Solar X-ray Flux

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Tonight then is it? Hopefully it doesn't start before I get home from work. And of course hoping for clear skies!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i don't know if somebody has read that ...

Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA

WASHINGTON (AFP) – A powerful solar eruption that has already disturbed radio communications in China could disrupt electrical power grids and satellites used on Earth in the next days, NASA said. The massive sunspot, which astronomers say is the size of Jupiter, is the strongest solar flare in four years, NASA said Wednesday. [Related: Solar flare to create light show on Earth?] The Class X flash -- the largest such category -- erupted at 0156 GMT Tuesday, according to the US space agency. "X-class flares are the most powerful of all solar events that can trigger radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms," disturbing telecommunications and electric grids, NASA said. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory saw a large coronal mass ejection (CME) associated with the flash that is blasting toward Earth at about 560 miles per second (900 kilometers per second), it said.

link

WOW this is crazy !!! somethings is on the way...this is a coincidence ?

on space weather prediciton they say

The calm before the storm. Three CMEs are enroute, all a part of the Radio Blackout events on February 13, 14, and 15 (UTC). The last of the three seems to be the fastest and may catch both of the forerunners about mid to late day tomorrow, February 17. Watch this space for updates on the impending -- G2, possibly periods of G3 -- geomagnetic storming. Watch Today's Space Weather for the most recent activity.

link

The calm before the storm...ok i go have a drink...

edit on 17-2-2011 by pitchdragon because: update the links

edit on 17-2-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Allready caught the whole thing last night ,check it out man wwwow all the links all the info and now more !www.abovetopsecret.com...
its ready to go bigtime next 12-36 hours
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
This has moved from level Rr3 to Rr1 but will change shortly
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
edit on 17-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Looks like some activity's going on.... but nothing serious right now... I've already saw worst than that last year (Look at the picture... this is from 2009/07/09 and 2009/07/10... )

www2.nict.go.jp...

(not from today
from 2009/07/10)

edit on 17-2-2011 by RemiNadeau2727 because: (no reason given)

Right now

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Solar activity may or may not disrupt power related systems. But solar activity clearly influences the human experience. Spaceweather has a chart in which you can track the presence of sun spots and events like wars and the like. Bruce Cathie's research, and others, shows that the sun is needed for a nuke to go off. So this blast headed our way will, most assuredly will, alter the human consciousness process in ways that will be unimaginable - even if it doesn't make the power go out.

There will be much, much more of this to come in the coming months. Enjoy the expansion.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
just Uploaded this week's activity for all of you to enjoy!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Heres the most ballistic time,wonder if radios went weird

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
Heres the most ballistic time,wonder if radios went weird

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

just WOW

im stayin in the Shade today

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
ATTENTION *******

Has anybody noticed a higher than usual amount of static electricity...I have sparks yesterday and today.I can hear the snaps....anybody else ????? I'm in So. Cal. desert area

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join