It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for practicioners of dragon magick.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

LOL... sometimes you have to be funny! One thing I love about these boards is you can cut a joke sometimes and that one was good! Everything can't be serious all the time... hehe.

And really... you have to admit, you might be thinking this:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

See "Infolurker Affect"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-2-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You will never become a dragon practitioner! You broke the first two rules of The Dragon Mouth ritual. 1st rule of the Dragon practitioner, you do not talk about being a dragon practitioner. The 2nd rule of being a dragon practitioner, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT BEING A DRAGON PRACTITIONER!

Thus ends the saga of onequestion's dragon practitioner development. (Push start to return to the main menu)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I once had a vision of a space-dragon that encompassed the whole Earth, as if he could literally hold the Earth in his hands. Upon talking to him, it was the general "pitiful/insolent humans" routine, but I guess with such a massive presence, who is going to question him?
edit on 15-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Actually I am not sure. He was a genius but I found him obtuse. I know he lived in terrible pain near the end of his life. I was told that was why he wrote the book, "Diary of a Drug Fiend".

The whole mystery school culture in Europe and England was very important for the study of magick, but it truly escapes me as an American.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I was not aware of that, but I must agree with you keeping quiet and secure from people without sufficient understanding of the risks.

Its truly a tragedy when people play around or follow someone blindly who has not the true keys and discipline to make the journey. People get lost along the way.

Frankly I was shocked to see the websites. I have not studied for years. Back in the day as you write, Equinox99, this was hushed tones and truly only for the left hand path.

Now, I expect I will find it on a billboard on Sunset Blvd. on my way to the Bodhi Tree Bookstore where I can buy it in paperback.

God help us everyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Beautifully written. I am a mystic at heart and found the magickal side so hard to comprehend. Nonetheless, I knew that it had majesty and honor. My friends who are magus' are amazing people, as it would appear that you are.

Do you study and practice, if I may ask?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

Personally I've found their rituals. manners, and philosophies severely lacking and missing the mark.They are very good at what they do and from the people I've met that follow Crowley and his ilk they can be very effective at gaining wisdom and even material worldly things.

I dedicated the better part of my youth in meditation and study of such things and have found what works for me. If you're looking for power and control it is fantastic, if your looking for personal improvement and a mastery of what is really important there are better ways to go about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
reply to post by hawkiye

Beautifully written. I am a mystic at heart and found the magickal side so hard to comprehend. Nonetheless, I knew that it had majesty and honor. My friends who are magus' are amazing people, as it would appear that you are.

Do you study and practice, if I may ask?

Thank you for the kind words however I am merely a fellow brother struggling on the path as anyone else. We are all at our own point on the path. I have managed to pick up a few tibits of wisdom along the way. Indeed the true magic is not easy to comprehend and one of the reasons many of it's aspects have been closely guarded secrets for millennia is humanity's tendency toward the left hand path and selfish motives.

I do study, and practice what little I know, but do not consider myself special and have found the path to have many peaks and valleys. The road of the seeker is often a lonely and difficult path, however when one has indulged in the illusions of the physical plane long enough and not found satisfaction and peace outside themselves, they are driven to seek within and find that the source , that place where soul meets matter, for that is where the fire is kindled and the magic brought forth.
edit on 15-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Only once we have seen, can we truly know.

Generally you need a master to show you and I think its safe to say that physical masters are in short supply, or difficult to find unless it is your destiny to do so. Yet that is not the only course of learning.

As many would refute this view, there are many non-physical teachers that are willing to teach the adept in the ways of spirit/magic. Find a way to commune with the spirit world that suits you best, and you may just find the magic which you are seeking.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
... Generally you need a master to show you and I think its safe to say that physical masters are in short supply, or difficult to find unless it is your destiny to do so. ...

Hmmm sounds like a lucrative career path. Anything in short supply is good to have.

I guess this is why we see so many charlatans?

Its too bad because it turns a lot of people off of what could have enriched their lives.

Also I've run into more crackpots than masters in my journeys.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Only once we have seen, can we truly know.

Generally you need a master to show you and I think its safe to say that physical masters are in short supply, or difficult to find unless it is your destiny to do so. Yet that is not the only course of learning.

As many would refute this view, there are many non-physical teachers that are willing to teach the adept in the ways of spirit/magic. Find a way to commune with the spirit world that suits you best, and you may just find the magic which you are seeking.

Your motive will determine what type of entity you will attract. A master can unfold a body at will. It is true their are few in actual incarnation but there are some, however it does not matter they can communicate through telepathy or appear as needed whether in incarnation or not. Few come into incarnation because even a master has to go through childhood and discover who he is before he can fulfil his mission, and can get lost in matter for a few lifetimes and incur karma they will have to work off in other lifetimes, so they do not do it unless there is some need that can only be accomplished this way.

The masters tend to work at arms length with humanity so as not to interfere to much with humanities natural evolution unless it takes a severe turn for the worse. Sort like the star trek prime directive. They tend to work through thier higher initiate disciples on the physical plane. They are looking for people with right motive and the ability to keep a focused attention on the plan and goal through thick and thin.

There is no lack of masters but rather a lack of disciples ready to serve humanity. However there is more now then ever in history.

Most of the entities that would claim to teach you to manipulate matter for your physical benefit are astral entities and some even may have good intentions but are actually feeding the tendency to selfishness and the left hand path. Some are dark brothers and they will syphon your life force from you while pretending to help you move higher. They will give you gifts but they come with a price. Some are just recent discarnate spirits that think they are farther along then they really are.This is why it is important to seek within and connect with the soul or higher self that you may discern.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

... Generally you need a master to show you and I think its safe to say that physical masters are in short supply, or difficult to find unless it is your destiny to do so. ...

Hmmm sounds like a lucrative career path. Anything in short supply is good to have.

I guess this is why we see so many charlatans?

Its too bad because it turns a lot of people off of what could have enriched their lives.

Also I've run into more crackpots than masters in my journeys.

Interestingly enough, even when we find what we think is a master and begin our practice - many still look to us as charlatans or crackpots, even if in our lives we begin to see significant results, healings and feats of what some would call 'magic'.

So when does it become accepted? Who do we believe? Must we walk on water to have found the way?

I try not to go by the opinion of others when it comes to a teacher, because I feel that I know what is true when I hear it. Yet we live in a world where nothing can really be trusted, knowing that we are our own true master and trusting the inner guidance is the greatest source of our spiritual development.

This is why shamanism appeals to me, the spirits know best, and the universal laws of being can always be a trusted guide line to find the most positive outcome.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I think the greatest reason that this sort of thing isn't generally proven is that those who can really do it have no interest in proving to anyone what they are capable of. In fact many will go out of their way to say they didn't do anything.

I practice what can only be called elemental and core shamanic rituals and follow a whatever works mentality. I've been practicing with varying degrees of involvement for over 20 years now. I have experienced many things and have in my opinion significantly effected the real world around me. I have no interest in teaching anyone or even getting any credit for what I do. I know that even saying this here if anyone reads it I lose mass credibility to most people.

How sad is it someone posted to find some legitimate help and mainly got berated? Its not like they came out and said anything derogatory or attacked anything, but still found themselves the victim of being interested in something most people don't believe.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I think the greatest reason that this sort of thing isn't generally proven is that those who can really do it have no interest in proving to anyone what they are capable of. In fact many will go out of their way to say they didn't do anything.

I practice what can only be called elemental and core shamanic rituals and follow a whatever works mentality. I've been practicing with varying degrees of involvement for over 20 years now. I have experienced many things and have in my opinion significantly effected the real world around me. I have no interest in teaching anyone or even getting any credit for what I do. I know that even saying this here if anyone reads it I lose mass credibility to most people.

Please elaborate, one might say that having said that much you might as well go on. I doubt that further elaboration will lose you any more credibility with most people.
a sort of....
“I am in blood stepped in so far that should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o’er.” situation.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

It is difficult to elaborate without knowing exactly what portion to focus on. Big picture I suppose with sweeping generalities, those will get me into trouble so I'll go for it.

All life and in fact all material things that exist within space and time are based on things that exist on what we will call the lower worlds. This lower world contains the archtypical forces for animal and physical things. Hunger, lust, the elements, "Base" instincts etc etc. It is here that one goes in a trance state to effect the things on this world. Some people call it hell because if you bring darkness you will find darkness. Just like this world but outside of what we know of as space and time.

All consciousness and higher thought exists in the upper world. That world is a manifestation of this world except outside of space and time. There you can find things such as knowledge, enlightenment, and all in all creatures who have "progressed" beyond the material.

A core / elemental Shaman focuses their time using the trance state to visit the lower worlds where they can find what it is that makes this world work and effect the change they want. Also while here it is also their job to know what is happening in the upper world and sometimes be able to use their knowledge of the lower to help thoughts transgress to the upper.

This should all sound very familiar to anyone who studies mythology as it is a rip off of quite a few different traditions. Which is the real meaning of "Core" shamanic practice: Pick and choose whatever works from whatever tradition in order to achieve whatever spiritual or physical goal you wish to achieve. It is not reverent and has no respect for tradition.

There is a lot more and every detail has a contradictory detail. Every question has infinite answers that can lead to infinite questions most of which seemingly contradict each other.

This is why the spirit realm confuses, and leads people to balk and scoff. It is the base of this reality but makes little to no sense when looked at in the paradigm of this reality, you can look at this reality form the paradigm of the spirit.

If you want more elaboration you'll need to be specific.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

How sad is it someone posted to find some legitimate help and mainly got berated? Its not like they came out and said anything derogatory or attacked anything, but still found themselves the victim of being interested in something most people don't believe.

We dont have a choice.

The world screams for the return of the shaman. The church of the roman eagle has been subdued and we can assist in bringing the world back to a state of harmony.

No one idly flops into the path of a shaman, you are the answer to a prayer and those who walk the path have come to answer those prayers which are the cries of those who are the victims of an unbalanced world.

We dont have to teach anyone or do healings. We just have to be who we are, living our lives in the world. Interacting with as many people as we can, simply by looking into another persons eyes in a way they are not used to, everything changes.

We're moving through the birth trauma of remembering what it means to live a shamanic life.

Its a lot closer then we can imagine.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
reply to post by Equinox99

I was not aware of that, but I must agree with you keeping quiet and secure from people without sufficient understanding of the risks.

Its truly a tragedy when people play around or follow someone blindly who has not the true keys and discipline to make the journey. People get lost along the way.

Frankly I was shocked to see the websites. I have not studied for years. Back in the day as you write, Equinox99, this was hushed tones and truly only for the left hand path.

Now, I expect I will find it on a billboard on Sunset Blvd. on my way to the Bodhi Tree Bookstore where I can buy it in paperback.

God help us everyone.

Do you know if the occult shop is still on Santa Monica blvd. It used to be 2 blocks east of Santa Monica and Kings Road on the South Side of the Street.

Ah the good old days of being lost in Hollywood.

Youth it's so fleeting.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Arkady

It is difficult to elaborate without knowing exactly what portion to focus on. Big picture I suppose with sweeping generalities, those will get me into trouble so I'll go for it.

All life and in fact all material things that exist within space and time are based on things that exist on what we will call the lower worlds. This lower world contains the archtypical forces for animal and physical things. Hunger, lust, the elements, "Base" instincts etc etc. It is here that one goes in a trance state to effect the things on this world. Some people call it hell because if you bring darkness you will find darkness. Just like this world but outside of what we know of as space and time.

All consciousness and higher thought exists in the upper world. That world is a manifestation of this world except outside of space and time. There you can find things such as knowledge, enlightenment, and all in all creatures who have "progressed" beyond the material.

A core / elemental Shaman focuses their time using the trance state to visit the lower worlds where they can find what it is that makes this world work and effect the change they want. Also while here it is also their job to know what is happening in the upper world and sometimes be able to use their knowledge of the lower to help thoughts transgress to the upper.

This should all sound very familiar to anyone who studies mythology as it is a rip off of quite a few different traditions. Which is the real meaning of "Core" shamanic practice: Pick and choose whatever works from whatever tradition in order to achieve whatever spiritual or physical goal you wish to achieve. It is not reverent and has no respect for tradition.

There is a lot more and every detail has a contradictory detail. Every question has infinite answers that can lead to infinite questions most of which seemingly contradict each other.

This is why the spirit realm confuses, and leads people to balk and scoff. It is the base of this reality but makes little to no sense when looked at in the paradigm of this reality, you can look at this reality form the paradigm of the spirit.

If you want more elaboration you'll need to be specific.

What you just described in my understanding is the Astral plane, A mass of confusion and Illusion. In my view it is not the base for this world but a reflection of it and all our thought forms emotions and aspirations. However like a mirror the reflection is backwards.

the astral plane us the plane of illusion it can't be trusted for accurate information. Looking in a mirror and everything is backwards.

It is sort like where we as child gods go play with thought forms sort of a hollodeck we can practice on, but there is little rhyme or reason to them they just run wild because they are largely uncontrolled but they are reflections of our emotions desires etc.. Also discarnates some times go there and live out thier unfulfilled dreams from the previous incarnation however it is dream world it's not real. We must learn to gain control of our astral bodies. for this we must go higher.

This is also a big part of why all the prophecies and predictions fail and also why different people of different belief systems see thier version of God, heaven, hell, Jesus ,Krishna, Mohammad, reward, punishment, nirvana, etc. they are seeing manifestations of thier own and the collective thought forms of those who believe as they do

It also distracts people from thier lifes mission if they become to enamored with it. One must raise thier vibration or consciousness to the higher mental plan which is higher then the astral and were the work is being done at this point in our collective evolution.

This is done by contemplation during meditation instead of focusing on nothingness and just letting what ever happens happen. Luke you must learn to control the force...

Contemplate what your mission in this life is supposed to be concentrate on that light in the head bring it down then see the dark spot in the middle of the light, that is path to the soul and the mental plane and more brighter light...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

No offense bud but the world of warcraft getting to your head? If you want to learn something as cool as magic but doesn't require rituals, try your own brain, telepathy, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, electrokinesis, geokinesis, aerokinesis, and cryokenisis. Learn these and you'll really have heads turning. Never heard heard of dragon magic though, sounds made up.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

What you just described in my understanding is the Astral plane, A mass of confusion and Illusion. In my view it is not the base for this world but a reflection of it and all our thought forms emotions and aspirations. However like a mirror the reflection is backwards.

the astral plane us the plane of illusion it can't be trusted for accurate information. Looking in a mirror and everything is backwards.

It is sort like where we as child gods go play with thought forms sort of a hollodeck we can practice on, but there is little rhyme or reason to them they just run wild because they are largely uncontrolled but they are reflections of our emotions desires etc.. Also discarnates some times go there and live out thier unfulfilled dreams from the previous incarnation however it is dream world it's not real. We must learn to gain control of our astral bodies. for this we must go higher.

This is also a big part of why all the prophecies and predictions fail and also why different people of different belief systems see thier version of God, heaven, hell, Jesus ,Krishna, Mohammad, reward, punishment, nirvana, etc. they are seeing manifestations of thier own and the collective thought forms of those who believe as they do

It also distracts people from thier lifes mission if they become to enamored with it. One must raise thier vibration or consciousness to the higher mental plan which is higher then the astral and were the work is being done at this point in our collective evolution.

I didn't describe the astral plane, but you just did a fantastic job of it, one of the best I've heard in awhile thank you.

Here is where language fails (nobody buys it but language does a terrible job with these concepts). The place most would agree is the astral plane is a part of the physical reality we know. Space and time do exist there (here), albeit they operate differently. I happen to think what people refer to as the astral is where thought exists within space and time as well as quite a few other things. Physical reality consists of quite a few dimensions and I won't pretend to know them all but I do know the silvery dream place most call the astral seems to be the easiest to access with thought exercise.

Originally posted by hawkiye
This is done by contemplation during meditation instead of focusing on nothingness and just letting what ever happens happen. Luke you must learn to control the force...

Contemplate what your mission in this life is supposed to be concentrate on that light in the head bring it down then see the dark spot in the middle of the light, that is path to the soul and the mental plane and more brighter light...

Don't assume a legitimate path must lead to the higher light and thought place. A teacher once told me (Paraphrase) "There is no work in the light because all is revealed, its like all the old people who move to Florida. Why do you aspire to be lazy and retire?"

There is more to this game than meets the eye and if there is one thing I know is that as soon as I know anything I find out I know nothing.

Finally don't take my word for the lower world I tell you it exists, you are obviously accomplished, look for it and let me know what you find. If you want some tips let me know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join