It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Ron Paul slams Obama: 'He's a warmonger'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Congressman Ron Paul slams Obama: 'He's a warmonger'

www.rawstory.com

"The reality is it would be very, very difficult," Rep Paul (R-TX) said on MSNBC's Morning Joe. "But if you look at the polls, and there aren't that many, my appeal is to a lot of independents and a lot of progressive Democrats who are sick and tired of Obama for opting out of cutting back on some of this militarism."

"He's a war monger," Rep. Paul added. "He's expanding the war. My numbers would be much bigger running against Obama than they will be running against some conservative in the Republican primary."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
content.usatoday.com< br /> www.youtube.com

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Woohoo! Tell it, Dr. Paul.

This is definitely been an area of disappointment for many people—the fact that our "wars" appear to be escalating. Not much of a shock to most people.

Another interesting aspect of this story (see the USA Today link) is that he also appears to be hitting out at Donald Trump.

Dr Paul has called Obama a warmonger before (see YouTube link), back in December. But he seems to be ratcheting up the attack.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
[mo

Ron Paul is right as usual. The military industrial complex is firmly entrenched in Washington and Obama is one of their guys.

I found the following statement from the article very interesting.

The conservative group Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) announced Saturday that Rep. Paul would be expelled from the group's National Advisory Board because of his "delusional and disturbing alliance with the fringe Anti-War movement."

Delusional and disturbing? fringe anti-war movement? War is hell, we should all be anti-war. We should want politicians to end all war. What is wrong with these people? My god, they have been brainwashed by the military industrial complex to love war.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Star and Flag

I am surprised more people havnt brought this up. Dr. Paul always seems to say the right things.......because hes absolutely right. Can we add war-profiteer yet,to the title? Has anyone connected those dots yet???? They usually go hand in hand.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Dr. Paul is wrong.

He is not a 'warmonger' ... He is exactly what his predecessor was and his before him, and on back through history. A puppet, a controlled figurehead for the elite.

Obama is only following orders, doing as he is instructed and telling the people what the prompters say.

We've had many presidents, but no true leaders in several decades now.

One day Obama is weak, the next a warmonger, a tyrant, a godlike messiah, a savior, a thief, a liar, a criminal... He can be all things to all people over time, good and bad. As an actor, a salesman and a public figurehead you should expect no less, and if at times it seems as if he has no control over his agendas its because he doesn't, never had, never will.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Now, The MSM will march in and start painting him as crazy. They will dismiss him completely.

They will say he doesn't have a chance. They will call him names. They will call his supporters names.

Oh yeah, He's too old. He can't "WIN" will be their cry....

Dr. Paul, you must really love this Nation !!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ron Paul would be my candidate, he is one of the few real straight forward people in Washington. I hope he can survive the eventual attacks from the media and both Republican and Democratic parties for he doesn't fit into there agendas.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes, he's hitting hard, and yes they will of course do what they did last time to attempt to discredit him in any way possible. I hope you'll indulge me for reposting what I mentioned in another thread about Dr Paul this morning ((which is also a very good thread if you haven't already been there www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

It bears some merit here too, particularly with what some of you have just said. We've had idealistic candidates before, but as soon as they gain the power, they also lose it. I believe we have one of those in office right now, in fact.

Two things regarding Ron Paul, who despite what I say I'd love to see as president and have voted for in the last three presidential elections, by the way.

The first is that one person in the seat of power really cannot make a difference alone. Even if by some miracle a long-shot candidate with all the best ideas in the world is allowed to win, they soon find their hands tied. And this is both by the design of our government and by the corruption and control and is already firmly entrenched in it. The same design that protects us also binds our hands in many ways. Unless there is a simultaneous effort to rid ourselves of the corruption and control, no one person is ever going to make a difference as president.

The second is that even if Ron Paul were to win and were to be able to implement his policies, most people would wind up hating on him more than they've hated on Bush and Obama because his policies would be tough, and things around here would also be tough and appear to be a lot worse for many years. Paul even says this himself. This in fact is happening to a degree with the current administration, and many don't seem to realize it. Real change is pain sometimes and it doesn't happen overnight.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

This is definitely a topic I need to go read way more about. Missed it here over the weekend, but I have it bookmarked. It just doesn't seem to make any sense on the surface.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
"The same design that protects us also binds our hands in many ways."

Poignant

The simple truth is, he would have to be chosen by his party. A very long-shot.

Since "We" the people do not elect our President. The Electoral College would not even consider an Independent.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I would love to see Dr. Paul as President. I do believe the first thing he would do,if he was President,is bring troops home. Not some song and dance,made to garner votes. He would be attacked by those in his Party,and those in the other Party.It would probably best serve him,if he ever reached the point of Presidency,to declare himself a true Independent. I see nothing wrong with that. If you talk to most people that know anything about Dr. Paul,they will tell you hes HONEST. Name one other man in Government right now,that could hold THAT title.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I still find it funny that so many Americans regard Ron Paul "fringey" precisely because of his stance on military spending, but he needs to reign in his OWN party on their military spending record, before he starts on the Dems.

We call Paul, or Kucinich or Gravel "whackos" because they have the guts to stand up to the conventional stupidity of American politics, yet raging idiots like Palin or Bush are considered respectable candidates.

Paul can talk like this all he wants, but until he breaks from his own party, he'll never get past the nomination stage of the GOP convention.He needs to become an independent or the TRUE representative of the TP.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

He's saying what those who are awake in the world have been for years.
That is why the USA Government is hated by the rest of the world.

Nothing to offer but war, death and resource theft.

Sorry but the USA Government & the Mil-Ind-Comp IS the biggest problem the world faces.

They want the M-East to become unstable because they need to feed the machine after Afghanistan.
Afterall, where will the profits come from after pulling out of Afghanistan?
Why, lets just re-deploy to egypt and the rest of those new 'democractic' ME countries.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes he would—or he would certainly try his damndest. He has a total non-interventionist policy and has said many times that this doesn't just mean the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, but everywhere that we have them stationed around the world. I imagine he would at least be reigned in as far as leaving a base in the NATO arena and probably at least one in the South Pacific. It would be a battle in itself to do this.

edit on 2/14/2011 by ~Lucidity because: spelled a word wrong...sorry

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

YES!
Not to mention reigning in the Fed. Its nice to dream,BTW. I marvel at all the people in the world,that cant see,or refuse to see the damage war does. As long as its not effecting their daily lives,they can care less. You want to clear up debt? Stop spending the money to defend proxy-wars. Stop feeding the machine.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
he needs to reign in his OWN party on their military spending record, before he starts on the Dems.

...i seriously doubt that'll ever happen...

We call Paul, or Kucinich or Gravel "whackos" because they have the guts to stand up to the conventional stupidity of American politics,

...paul and kucinich would make an awesome team - but - i also think they'd both succomb to what every prez / vp has succombed to in the last 100 yrs or so (if they werent already puppets)... they'd do the bidding of the puppet masters or they'd die in office...

yet raging idiots like Palin or Bush are considered respectable candidates.

...stupid appeals to stupid...

Paul can talk like this all he wants, but until he breaks from his own party, he'll never get past the nomination stage of the GOP convention.He needs to become an independent or the TRUE representative of the TP.

...i'd like to see that happen but i dont think it will... i think ron is just stretching out his career as long as possible... he's been saying the same things (basically) for 30yrs (or close to it) but he hasnt initiated any major changes to stop the corruption... its all talk... if he became prez, he wouldnt be no better than obama or any of the puppets who came before him - but - thats just my opinion...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has a quote from the good doctor calling Cheney, Rumsfeld, or Bush 1 or 2 warmongers?

Why would he say these things now? Oh, thats right, hes self aggrandizing and using attack politics on "the other team". Like every other politician.

Anyone who believes Ron Paul is "the savior" are more deluded than obamabots.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

That and for the profits that will come from controlling the gas, oil, and water pipelines to Asia, particularly China and India, who are already desperate for most of these resources. That may well be a good bit of the reason that Russia was in Afghanistan as well. Russia continues to be cut out of all the big deals.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Here you go...maybe not in so many words, but he hasn't changed his stance on this in a very long time...if ever.

edit on 2/14/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ron Paul talks real big, as do most people who have never stood in the President's shoes. It's real easy to stand back and say; "He's one of them" or "I'd do this or that" as opposed to what he's doing. I agree that Ron Paul, as well as others who are quick to criticize, probably have the best intentions at heart. In reality, I believe that U.S. Presidents probably get their feathers clipped by TPTB from the moment they take office, if not before.

Many people have great ideals upon entering elected office just to be told by very powerful people that, it's not going to be that way at all. I even agree that many very good people would try to ignore threats made against their person and still try to do what they believe to be best. Although, I don't know of anyone who wouldn't buckle to their demands if the safety and/or life of a loved one, such as a spouse, child or grandchild was threatened. Especially if you believed for one second that they could carry out their threats.

To this day, there are unanswered questions regarding the who and why behind the assassination of JFK. What we do know is that he refused to send combat troops into Viet Nam. At the time he was killed, he was only willing to send military advisers & trainers into the country to assist the south. Now ask yourself this; What did LBJ do as soon as he was President? I'll tell you what he did, he orchestrated the false flag Gulf Of Tonkin incident that led to America's full engagement in the war, costing us 58,000 young americans.

I too am totally against war and I want all of our troops back home, or being utilized for humanitarian missions, at the earliest possible date. I have written the President on several occasions regarding this very subject but I have no delusions regarding his ability to single handedly pull it off. If Ron Paul were elected tomorrow and insisted that he would implement his military strategy, the Industrialized Military Complex would probably knock him off before he could finish his oath of office. I doubt that anyone is going to eliminate their, (IMC) cash cow without a serious fight.

Just remember that some things are easier said than done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join