It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"stargate"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by diva
I cannot remember where I heared of this or even read of it, but I do remember hearing /reading something about Saddam having in his possession the portal to the Stargate & that Dubya and his sidekicks want to obtain it. Has anyone heard about this?

Four posts into this thread and it's already somehow Bush's fault that we either don't have a stargate or don't know about the the stargate we actually have.

Would it be possible to have a discussion on any thread on this board without talking about Bush???

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wannabe
Hey Guys,
I couldn't find the article because thinkaboutit.com is down. yeah, i dont know what happened. But I found basically the same thing here, almost word for word.
www.ufoarea.bravepages.com...
check it out, yo.

Recheck URL, I get NO FILE FOUND when I go to it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe the stargate could have been destroyed in a meteor impact or something and thats why we don't have it or its buried somewhere. It seems kind of a plausible theory. A stable wormhole that folds up space (Like the Philadelphia experiment) and decomposes matter and then puts them back together on "the other side".

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In response to Byrd's comment...

Granted, the show Stargate SG1 is fictional, and the writers have taken noticable lengths to make things as accurate as possible, but one must not forget other notable authors.

Take for instance Verne, of the noted 20,000 Legues Under the Sea. How many people had actually believed that submarines would become real? Or how many other sci-fi writers have seen their ideas or visions take fruit?

I had a thread detailing this very subject, that authors/artists... those with an open and creative mind, are more "in-tune", or rather, are more "susceptable" to understanding/seeing turths that are normally hidden, that they are able to see beyond our excepted version of reality...

But anyway, yes, the SG1 show is fictional. Wether or not there is some truth behind it remains to be seen. Possible? In an unlimited multiverse where quantum physics rule, sure... Probable? No... there would be way too many mouths to keep quiet.

And as an additional comment to others...

I don't know if I mentioned this in my earlier post or not, but the dream I had, with blueprints for a "stargate"... that took place many years before the show was ever dreamed of, and I believe before the movie was made. Also, at that time, I was very much into occult and arcane researches, and was trying to find a way to cross over into other realms. Maybe my dream was "handed" to me, or maybe it was merely a dream... I'll never truly know.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
In response to Byrd's comment...

And as an additional comment to others...

I don't know if I mentioned this in my earlier post or not, but the dream I had, with blueprints for a "stargate"... that took place many years before the show was ever dreamed of, and I believe before the movie was made. Also, at that time, I was very much into occult and arcane researches, and was trying to find a way to cross over into other realms. Maybe my dream was "handed" to me, or maybe it was merely a dream... I'll never truly know.

do you remember the blueprint? if you do, enlighten us...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I like the Stargate series because i admire the idea of stargate:i hope it is true because it open enormus possibilitys for the human race it is in fact the quantum leap.It is either true because the egiptyan pyramids are still a mystery and lots of other stuff or the screenwriter of the Stargate series and movie has some Vivid imagination and has cought ours.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Do I remember those dreams/visions/prints? Kinda. I try to keep the memory fresh in my mind by consciously bringing it up, "reliving" the memory, but truth be told, it doesn't help.

I can remember the jest of it, but not the details. I've tried to write it down/draw it out, but everytime I do, the memory fades as if in fog. And there were times when I've tried to be hypnotized, hoping that would work, but it hasn't... the sessions have always met outside interference (examples being a radio previously OFF would start emitting loud static, people barging into the closed room, shadow creatures).

That's why I think my gate is different from what this thread bears... my arcane history effecting the dream, hinderances from an arcane nature, the mind fog whenever trying to bring the prints to paper... it strikes me as being one of those "truths" that people aren't meant to see.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Could be possible... I don't know... Really... No idea...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Oh well, then it is just a crappy TV program and there is no reality, have to go back to believing in Startrek instead....

I think the show has gotten better every year. I especially liked how they dispatched Anubis and the Replicators at the end of this last season.

Looks like big changes coming this season. Does anybody know what happens to O'Neil? The SGC is getting a new commander this year.
Harte

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
this is a pretty good one; i found it from somewhere else on ats

site.williamhenry.net/index.php?option=com_content&task =blogsection&id=6&Itemid=30

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
I try to keep the memory fresh in my mind by consciously bringing it up, "reliving" the memory, but truth be told, it doesn't help.

Have you ever considered going under hypnosis and drawing them there ive hear that it has some good results when it comes to dreams

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wannabe
I read something a while ago about what was thought to be some sort of "Stargate" inside a South American/Latin American temple structure. In the room there was a hallway-like passage that ended in a wall, and a place that appeared to be a receptacle for some kind of key mechanism.
If you guys know anything about this, I'd really like to find out where it is.

Technically we are defining a wormhole.

One question though would you deffinatly need a device to create a wormhole?

Im thinking like sliders but am using as a metephore at the same time.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If the Stargate is anywhere it's in the middle east where the garden of eden (supposedly) was. Personly, I believe Aliens came to our world thousands of years ago, there's evidence of it in every holy book there is, and in the present day world around us. I highly doubt the peoples of ancient earth had the knowledge to create the famous "baghdad batteries". The problem with the stargate idea is that if the most powerful government in the world doesn't want us to know about it, were not going to. Also the existance of Aliens and the possibility that all earthly religion is based on a pass experience with them would debunk religion, which is pretty much the only thing that keeps people civilized. Think of it this way, You kill someoone you burn in a lake of fire for all eternity or you (might) go to jail (depends who's your lawyer or how famous/rich you are. Which is worse? People will do anything for their religion, look at the 9/11 highjackers. If the government is in possession of something that could bring society crashing to the ground, I can understand why they'd want to keep it hush-hush, Im fairly certain the government wouldn't hide something of this magnitude just to be mean. On the flip-side wormholes havent even been proven to exist, or if they do exist if it's safe for concious beings to travel through them.

In the Show Stargate SG-1, a wormhole if formed between two gates. When things go through the wormhole they are dissassembled molecularly into their most basic elements, It's the gate on the other end that re-assembles the object the right way on the other end. Thus it is feasible that when someone steps through the gate they die, and a perfect replica who thinks it's still the original comes out the other end. If this is not true (it was never corroborated nor denyed by the writers of the show) then it is the Gate not the wormhole that makes this travel safe.

It is obvious why this technology would be valuable to a country, and it is obvious that it should be available to all the people on earth. Unfortunatly, people spend too much time quarrelling over the stupidest things like race and religion, so our world remains divided. What if aliens came to our planet tommorow? It would be a disaster. All the countries of the world would scramble to be the first to meet them, convincing them that all other countries are bad and they're the good ones, because in their heads they think that. Americans KNOW that 9/11 was a terrorist attack. The people who did it KNOW that it was the right thing to do and God wanted them to do it. Until we as a species can accept eachother's differences we will not be able to have a relationship with extra-terrestrial beings.

If aliens put a stargate-like device on earth in ancient times why would they leave it here? Obviously they had to come in ships in order to put the device here, so why not just take it back with them? Why would they leave such technology in the hands of primitive savages? Look at it from their perspective. If you walked into the woods and found a tribe of uncivilized people who worshipped you as a god because you had simple (to you) technology (cellphone, flashlight, lighter), would you give them an airplane? Unless they planed on coming back, they would have taken it with them.

It is feasable however that such a device is in the hands of our military. We're in a 9 trillion dollar deficit. Supposedly wormholes take a lot of energy to open, electricty (or any other form of energy) costs money. WE do have a need for new technology as we are increasingly running out of fossil fuels, our enviroment is increasingly deteriorating, and our thirst for weapons to defend ourselves grows every day. The atomic bombs used in WWII are firecrackers compared to what we possess now. Imagine the stargate is real and imagine an element like naquade really exists. Imagine how powerful that weapon would be. Thinking about it that way, do we really want the stargate to exist?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
nahhh don't be silly
you're heavily influenced by TV and don't know the difference between fiction and real life imo
clearly what happened is the aliens built the moon as some kind of planet destroying weapon and then had a big battle in spaceships with a kind of x shaped wing shape and fought for supremacy in outer space
i expect that one side saw themselves as evil and the other saw themselves as good
this means that the evil commander would dress in black a lot and be regarded as some kind of invader
so lets call him the dark invader and hmm maybe the other side wore white a lot like maybe those outfits that people who do martial arts wear.
so the evil side would need an emperor because emeperors are always evil so you'd have to have this dark invader guy as maybe the emeprors protege.
so right where were we
on one side you got the emperor and the dark invader and on the other side (lets call them the good rebels) you'd have the guys wearing martial arts suits
so the moon lets call it the death moon because its designed to destroy things would be owned by the emperor and its being used as a threat to the rebels who live on earth
now back in those days the only places there was civilisation were all sandy places like egypt and iraq so the rebels need a hide out in the desert somewhere so they'd need some kind of place to hide out. lets call it a bar or something
yeah
thats cool
and when the emperor looks for it hed find it and say
"my, i see the bar now" and this would get leaked to the rebels so theyd start calling it the "my i see" bar,
now we need an old wise guy who lives on his own out in the desert who knows how to save the day and possiby a woman who can be the love interest
hey hang on a minute
this has been done

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
3 degrees, 58 minutes, 37.49 seconds North
159 degrees, 40 minutes 27.53 seconds West

on google earth you can enter the co-ords like this

3 58' 37.49" N 159 40' 27.53 W

Then zoom out to around a 55 to 65 mile view-all range and tell us what it looks like!!!

The stargate in the movie and tv series is nothing more than a plot device. The series is a prime example of story framework. The core characters and the stargate form the framework that acts as a common reference to present stories that would be controversial if presented in a more realistic manner. This style of presenting a wide variety of controversial ideas has been used throughout the history of literature.

The earliest description of the stargate concept that I personally know of is in the Sci-Fi Novelette "The Big Front yard" by Clifford Simak. Written in 1958, the story tells about a small-town "fix-it" shop owner and a young man who is apparently an autistic savant with high-level telepathic abilities. The pair are chosen by some long-lived alien race to represent Earth in interplanetary trade. The aliens alter the fix-it guy's house in some manner that places the front part of the house on some unknown planet, while the back part of the house remains on earth. entering the house by the back door and exiting through the front takes them to the unknown world where they find the fronts of houses from many other planets with-in walking distance.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by niklaus]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The last post on this thread seems to be 2006, but in any case, it is said that the series "Stargate" had to do with the concept of a real portal system. Now, if you look closely at CERN "LHC" in Europe, you'll see that it can do what a black hole can do which is to capture light with it's "super magnets". The control of the speed and energy will cause a tempral displacement in the center of the ring. They may not like what pops out of "ALICE". That is.. the rabbit hole.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Fromabove]

<< 1  2   >>

join