It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert and Harvard Philosophy Professor Sean D. Kelly Agree: Jesus is God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was going to post this in the jokes forum, but it has a degree of seriousness also, at least as much as could be expected from the Colbert Show. Definitely some interesting angles here, worth a watch imo

Video

peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Interesting video. I found it a little uncomfortable to watch, did you? The author quoted -- and seemed to agree with -- Nietzsche's premise that the things in our society that are sacred are those things we're not allowed to laugh at. Yet, as the interview wore on, the author's views and ideas all became fodder for laughter, even inducing the author's own nervous chuckles. I suppose that one should think twice about appearing on this type of program to discuss a subject of that depth.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I hear ya gup, although I'm not sure what anyone expects from Colbert, he kind of prides himself on keeping his guests backpeddling. Stewart would have done a better job, but it was interesting what the guy was qualifying as sacred. I think the guy was chuckling at Colbert's stance and approach.
It was obviously a secularists perspective, and I used to really dig Nietsche, and still do some, but I find it interesting that in his last days he turned to god, supported him and asked for forgiveness.
Personally, I think societies heart's are rotting from lack of spiritual cultivation. I know there are those also that say religion is the cause of so much strife, but I think some type of spirituality and/or religion could do us some good, particularly the inclusive one's. Just my opinion though.
Thanks for the reply...

peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

'Couldn't agree more, Spec, especially on the notion that we all have deep spiritual -- not necessarily religious -- needs. It's sad, the damage that religion has done to spirituality in our culture. People generalize, shunning all spiritualty and short-changing themselves.

Thank you for the ponderables.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The fact is,jesus is gods son the first time he comes to earth. The second time he comes to earth,he inherits gods kingdom.

new topics

top topics

join