It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese are coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
With the news that the Chinese are now officially the World's second largest economy, what will this mean for the current World order?

Will the U.S just stand by and let them become the New Super Power? The new World Police?

Will the Yen become the World's reserve currency?

Or

Will the U.S try to usurp any attempts by the Chinese to become the World's Super Power? Where will this all play out? The Middle East or maybe the pacific, including Japan, South Korea and Taiwan?

My personal thoughts are that the Chinese are beginning to flex their muscles and maybe it will only be a matter of time before they decide to give the U.S a bloody nose. Everything they have done to date in building their economy has been done rather quietly, but I fear it is only a matter of time. They have made it perfectly clear that any attempt to Westernise China is futile and they are more than happy to follow the teachings of Mao if it means they can keep an uprise from occuring. They have built up their arms and are increasingly investing in this area, including Super Aircraft Carriers, long range and short range missiles.

They are a great ally of Iran and yet the U.S insist on continuously hinting that an attack on Iran is still very much in their thoughts. If this happens then China, who rely heavily on Iran for Oil, will not just sit back and let that happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
the chinese have no interest in sanctions and embargoes so the only problem they will cause on the us will be a damaged ego and a few less jobs.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Maybe, but that has already happened hasn't it?

I mean it seems that most of the U.S former manufacturing industry has already gone to China, same with Europe, certainly the U.K.

Will they be happy just to have all the money and not have a say on how the rest of the World should behave?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

if the rest of the world buys there goods then i believe they will be. i think the only military threat from china would be a provoked one. they do not care in other nations politics, thats why they trade with mugabe et al...
edit on 14-2-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

also, they may have the second biggest economy but if you spread that wealth out evenly among the chinese then they wouldnt even come close to being as well off as people in the usa,uk,japan,germany and many other nations if they spread their wealth in the same way. remember they have over a billion people living there so it is not as scary a thought as you may be lead to believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Hey wasn't the Yen.....japanese?
Yeah i listened to Barbarian rebellion also.
My buddy Pete Griffin says the chinese dollar is the Dong or something.
Won actually i think.
edit on 14-2-2011 by g146541 because: Won is spellted yuan sorry

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
there hasn't been a peaceful emergence of a superpower in the history of the world without some type of war, being an all out total war like wwII, or a cold war like the one fought with russia.

think about that. the only superpower to emerge without direct conflict with the existing superpower was the united states, when it took over from the british empire after world war 2. the british were hardly in any position to defend it's status. and it could have been out of gratitude for defending great britain against its enemies.

the united states also vanquished the emerging ussr in a cold war. mutually assured destruction eliminated direct military engagement, but it did lead to major proxy wars that caused millions of deaths; n.korea vs s.korea, vietcong vs. s. vietnamese armies, afghanistan vs russia, arab nations vs israel, plus all the unknown spy vs spy battles.

now china is fighting the u.s. for superpower status. the question is how far will the u.s. go to defend it. nuclear weapons nullify direct confrontation. but it doesn't preclude a nuclear proxy war with n.korea. the shelling of s.korea was on direct orders from china. kim jung il doesn't blink unless china says to. china was flexing its muscle. that's why s.korea never retaliated. obama didn't bite.

the chinese are the inventors and practitioners of the art of war. it civilization is measured in thousands and thousands of years. the united states is barely over 200 years old. among other things, in the art of war, is to find the enemies weakness and exploit it.

and the chinese are attacking america in its weakest and most vulnerable spot, the economy. and they are hitting hard. they are waging economic warfare on america and winning.

and the main stream media isn't reporting this threat to the existence of america. it should be front page news. if the cold war showed anything is that a country can be toppled without firing a single bullet.

if and when america's loses this economic war, and trillions of dollars are lost, will america go to war to stop the emergence of china as the only superpower. can america swallow it's pride and live modestly or long for the days of cars, mansions, ipods and plasma t.v.'s and assure the complete destruction of america. the fact that people lost houses, can't get mortgages and loans is a casualty of this war.

the whole game is like the movie highlander, there can only be one.

edit on 14-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Come on now, who is foolish enough to stand uniform army against the US?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
what we will probably see in the coming years is a a lot closer alliances between the european super powers, (the uk, germany and france) and china. russia is already pretty close with china so if all these nations are all pally with each other then the usa will not be able throw their weight about so much as it will be at a risk of losing out on their alliances who do a huge amount of business with china and these nations(especially the uk and france) produce a huge amount of luxery goods that will see even more traid with china as they become more prosperous.

actual war will not happen with china in the near future(unless cheney goes into the sock making business).

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yes the Yen is the Japanese currency. I kind of lost it a bit last night, it was rather late when I caught the news and posted this. Still no excuses hey!!

Interesting times ahead on that front though. I really hope things do not go nuclear, but I wonder how long the U.S will be able to ignore the N.Korean issue, how long they will be able ignore their whining?

It's the Iran issue that worries me the most though to be fair. If the U.S do go in anytime soon, then I think we will potentially looking at WWIII scenario.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
www.eutimes.net...

I have attached a link for you to look at. Please feel free to comment.

Thanks.

join