It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence or Paranoia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I feel sort of silly even writing this...but the coincidence is just a little weird.

I wrote last week from NYC and told you that this guy sitting next to me was telling me he knew who I was and what websites I visited, etc. I explained that I stopped into the bar out of the blue--so he couldn't have possibly known that I was going in there.

So last night I was on ATS and put a post up about Obama----about how a young journalist just wrote an anonymous article about how she mistakenly caught him in a very compromising position in a hotel conference room before he was a US senator. The post wasn't really commented on----not a big deal here, I guess.

After I posted it, I told my husband I was a little paranoid (after that experience with the guy in NYC) and that I wouldn't start worrying until there was a car parked outside of our house. I was half joking.

So today, around 4:30 PM, I look out my window and there is a black car sitting outisde of our house. Okay, maybe that doesn;t seem weird to you, but I live on a cul-de-sac with only six houses on our street. We are surrounded by woods and there are no main thoroughfares in our part of this rural area. People don't ever just drive down our street. People especially don't drive down our street and park. Unless you live here or you are visiting someone, you don't even know about our street.

So, the car sits there for a half hour, and thankfully my husband is coming home from work and he drives down the street and passes this car, and of course, he thinks it's weird too---because as I said---unless you live here, you're not on our street. I asked him what he thought when he walked in and we laughed because now I'm suddenly paranoid. He tells me he saw a woman in the car and she waved at him when he rode by. And the car sat there the whole time we were eating dinner. About an hour later, she drove very, very, slowly down the street.

My husband had a meeting tonight and he left at 6:00----(yes, I know..it's Valentine's day...no fair) and five minutes after he left, the black car comes back down the street very, very slowly and continues to drive by. We live at the very end of the cul-de-sac.

I am not flattering myself. I am not a big threat to anyone---just a soccer mom posting on a conspiracy site. I've never made threats, haven't come out as some genius, haven't even made that big of a contribution here.... But I've done other things----- been on Greer's retreats, have actually hung out with some interesting people in the alternative news world whose names you would probably know....but nothing consistently.

So, should I just relax here?

Does anyone get why I might be a little off put by all of this?

Please don't make smart ass remarks. If you can help it!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
have you ever had a stalker or do you know any secret stuff.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Your husband had a meeting on Valentines day at 18:00PM?

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

No, I don't have a stalker. That's really unlikely.

I don't know any good secrets...just the usual. I do a lot of research, believe in the NWO conspiracy, know there are UFO's and that the government is covering them up, etc. There are people on this site that know far, far, more than I do.

The only thing I can think of is that I am a writer (although I don't do it for a living anymore) and so I might be a threat that way. I now travel in my work----and go to some interesting places like Morocco, etc. That's not that interesting either, since I work in the travel industry. Not a spy!

I don't know.

It's strange, but I'm comforted by the fact that I'm not really a big deal in this game. I doubt anyone would want to waste tax dollars watching me!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I knew someone was going to bring that up!

Sorry, he has a meeting every single Monday night for a project he's working on. I've even driven him to the meetings, so I know this to be true.

And that's not the point of my question.

I'll worry about my marriage so you don't have to.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If it's just a lady...Just go say hello. Say "We live in a very tight knit community and watch out for each other. How can I assist you, are you lost?". It's better than wondering. If she quickly drives off, well that's something else.

Good Luck, It's probably nothing.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The next time the car is out there in front, why not just call the cops and report a prowler?

Or maybe just walk up to the car and ask if they need help, or directions or something...

I have found that folks who are up to no good usually balk when the "light of truth" is shined in their direction. Calling someone's bluff (provided they actually are up to no good) in a situation like this is an unexpected reaction for someone who is potentially hiding behind their government anonymity.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Confront her wirth a cup of tea or coffee and biscuits.

Mention that you think it is highly unusual that she is hanging around so you thought you'd come out and see if you could help.

She probably won't tell you the truth but she'll have to think fast to give you a good reason.

She'll also probably improve her surveillance technique so she's not "made" so easily.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

I knew someone was going to bring that up!

Sorry, he has a meeting every single Monday night for a project he's working on. I've even driven him to the meetings, so I know this to be true.

And that's not the point of my question.

I'll worry about my marriage so you don't have to.

I'm sorry, I was only joking....

Erm, all I could recommend really is to inform the police, or wait a while and see if anything else odd occurs. Write everything down in a diary, take photo's if you can...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That's okay. You actually made me laugh!

Thanks for all the good tips all.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss
[more

hopefully for your sake it is just paranoia but if it is the government and you dont really know anything out of the ordinary then they should leave you alone sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I had a similar experience after doing some research on google. You are on the FBI, CIA terrorist watch list. Welcome to the club.

Some say that I am crazy, but I know what I experienced, I seen what I seen. You know what I mean? This is what the Patriot Act does for the citizens of America. If you google certain key words or sites you will get "red flagged". Then they want to send the message that "they" are watching you. Being seen, this is done on purpose.

I am not crazy. Later tonight I will explain what happened to me on your thread. I thought about making a thread about it myself. It is about dinner time and the kids are a little crazy right now.

I believe you, the whole National defense thing is out of control and people do not even realize it. Even some on this site are oblivious as to what the govenment does for "our protection".

I think that it is sickening that we have to be put in the position to be watched from a security standpoint just because we seek knowledge.

edit on 14-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: is, grammar

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think that if alot more people on ATS were more aware of their surroundings, they would have similar experiences.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Loved your quote about seeking knowledge. I'm looking forward to seeing your post later about your own experience.

Seriously, is this Orwell's 1984?

We have to worry--because we are looking for the truth?

We live in incredibly scary times right now. The world is really out of control....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think that no one is commenting on this post because it scares the heck out of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Loved your quote about seeking knowledge. I'm looking forward to seeing your post later about your own experience.

We live in incredibly scary times right now. The world is really out of control....

You do have to worry if you live in the US. It's sad, but I was listening to the news earlier about the extension of the Patriot Act, where they don't need any type of warrant anymore to go through all of your phone information, and emails, and you don't even need to know about it.

One of the reasons I don't mind posting anything is because, living in Canada we still have rights, privacy laws, and freedom, but we're seeing them stripped away quickly from our southern neighbours.

Admittedly, I watch way too much American news, some of it for pure entertainment value, and sometimes just to keep track of what your crazy government is doing, and thinking.

If she keeps hanging around, I'd go see what she wants, or ask if she needs directions or something, but don't get too close to the car. Be very careful.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It is 7:10 here. I put the kids to bed at 9. I might do it a little earlier tonight.

There are certain people with certain agendas here in the United States and the world. You might call them politicians, military industrial complex(corporations), bankers(investment institutions), big oil and the like.

The one thing that they all have in common is money. Not just money, big money.
If you do anything to expose the questionable tactics or wrong doing by these entities, you in turn disrupt the flow of money.

Questionable tactics involves any means to get at the money other than what is being told(or not being told) to the public.

edit on 14-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: grammar, structuring

edit on 14-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: again

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think that no one is commenting on this post because it scares the heck out of them.

I don't know....It seems that there are a goodly amount of folks commenting here.

More than likely, like most of these kinds of posts, this one is a false alarm. The OP has not admitted to having any connections within a field or possessing any knowledge related to national security, is not involved in drug or illegal arms trafficking, is (apparently) not wanted for any crime or the planning of any kind of crime, and has not broached any subject that isn't already out there in the media.

It's is interesting, though. I have found that once a person swallows the "red conspiracy pill" they begin to question lots of things that they once took for granted. One of them sometimes is their own personal security. Once you start to imagine that JFK was killed by a paid professional hit team because he did not tow a specific line set out for him to tow, or that the collapse of building 7 at WTC may have been done with great aforethought, you can believe that the strange car outside might be driven by somebody watching you.

I'd still recommend confronting the person in the car. Maybe videotaping the whole interaction and then posting it here on ATS.

edit on 14-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The video taping the confrontation is the best idea yet.

With all the really scary stuff we constantly read about looming over our heads...

They better not be wasting resources on a "Soccer Mom".

Keep a camera with you at all times. Is that what it's coming to?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Read up a little about Hoover and the FBI. It is not too far out to believe that some anonymous clerk in some government department has flagged you as a person of interest for almost no reason at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join