It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Protests: Tens Of Thousands March - The Worldwide Revolution is Starting!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is what the founding fathers called mob rule, which is what happens when your gov is obviously wronging its people.
The funny part is that our government planned the Egypt revolt months ago, now the whole Middle East is going up.
The irony is that dumbed down Americans are giving up freedoms everyday and act like sheep, while 3rd worlds are protesting from the result of it……

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

If I'm not mistaken,
The riots in Egypt were actually peaceful protests.

Of course there will be bloodshed.
I suppose it really comes down to what we agree on as "Violent".

I just happen to think the Old way of doing things is about to change. I can feel it in the air so to speak.
It is not going to just be isolated to some middle east countries.
I think it will be world wide before too long.
Something needs to change, that much I think we can all agree on.

The most important thing we can do is to realize that we are all on the same side.
What is the common denominator?
We all long for freedom.
We are all realizing for the first time that we are not as free as we thought we were.
This is not a good combo for the Elites of this world who have only been successful because they have convinced us that we are separate from eachother and have nothing in common with eachother.

Well we do have something in common.
WE WANT TO BE FREE!
and once people fully come to the realization that they are not as free as they thought they were....LOOK OUT!!!

I'm just sayin.
Either way, I wish these protesters nothing but the best and My thoughts and prayers are with them.
Can we agree on that?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The below article on CNN provides a good outline of all the countries harboring protests. It's amazing activity really, I don't think we've seen anything like this in modern history. It's like the dominoes are falling in place but what will eventuate is not clear. I'm suspecting Israel will be adversely positioned and possibly a big war breaking out there (I will cite two supporting articles on this as well below).

These developments together with some big changes across the economic landscape has got to be pointing to something pretty big on the horizon. Does anyone else sense similar?

Unrest in the Middle East and North Africa -- country by country
edition.cnn.com...

Israeli army 'ready for all eventualities': PM
www.france24.com...

Israeli PM: Arab world undergoing 'earthquake'
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by Amaterasu

Are we sure every election is not rigged?

Its all very well to say stuff like that, but unless you can back it up then it means nothing. Our leaders are voted in democraticaly and they deffinatly arent riggd, leaders of a nation we want to bomb and steal there natural resources are voted in democraticaly but the elections must be rigged. Righty ho then.

Its a bit like the retards who say our man down south, Hugo Chavez is a dictator.

Geez. I merely asked a question. And to be frank, there is plenty of evidence that the Bush elections had rampant issues. That's beside the point. If a people "elected" a leader twice and then revolt against him, I think my question is a fair one.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Is it really?, last time i was in Tehran it was pretty chilled out.

Last time I've been to Egypt (2 months ago) everything seemed okay aswell.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
from what I've read, I don't trust the Iran protests as much as say Egypt. I've heard that these protests are backed by the previous ruler and so it is not a people's revolution. Also, with the amount of involvement by the CIA over the past 50 years I don't put it past the Criminals In Action to start an Iranian protest. You have to be pretty blind not to see that Iran is the enemy of U.S. and especially Israel, so there's every reason for these two countries to help out any and all protests in Iran.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

reply to post by TechUnique

Why are these people protesting exactly?

because they have so many freedoms and it's just for #s and grins.

it's like, the flavor of the day. why not? egypt did it!

are you behind change in iran?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
For those who are stating their discontent at the Iranian protests - don't you think it's alittle two faced to encourage the Egyptian people to revolt on one hand, and on the other claim the Iranian revolts are 'fake' and they are sponsored by a foreign source?

I mean, what is the reason NOT to revolt against the government in Iran? Execution of homosexuals, vile aggression towards women, public stoning, rigged elections, crazy theocracy, public executions of minors and little children by all means - hanging, stoning, shot to the head, burried alive - what not.

For every single reason an Egyptian person has to revolt, an Iranian has 10.
edit on 15-2-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

If your actually suggesting that the US, and any other countries elections are not rigged, then you are seriously delusional~ In the US, the voting process is a sham, the electoral college vs the popular vote is laughable at best. Its all designed to make YOU feel like you were a part of something, like your vote really counted. But meanwhile, most people dont know, it was already decided upon in behind closed door meetings.

BTW, as a side note, your " boy " down south Hugo Chavez, is a Dictator, I suggest you open up a dictionary and look up the word, its very clear what your " boy " is!
edit on 15-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sometimes it seems in this era of 'social networks protests' and twitter-lutions, we forget that this has all happened before. People have always, from time to time, got pissed at the folks in charge and broke a few windows, burned a chariot or wagon or camel or car or whatever. Human history is chock full of these 'people power' movements.

The only problem with 'people power' is that these power-to-the -people people are different people when given power themselves. Inevitably from the idealistic masses some NEW corrupt nutjob/system/status quo will arise to eventually be as bad or worse than what he/they once railed and protested against.

Back in the late 60's(yeah, THOSE were some days, eh?) the window-breaking 'revolutionaries' used to have a saying: "Without an aftermath plan, it ain't a revolution, it's an excuse to miss work."

Then it was burn, baby, burn!.....now it's tweet, baby, tweet!

Same mob mentality, band-wagon jumping BS that always dooms mankind to repeat the same bloody mistakes.

Leadership, unity, inclusion of all--even those without a facebook page--- and an aftermath plan.

That's all that will work.

Anything else is just to break boredom and break windows. Riots in revolutions clothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

neaaahh , it's "just" CIA ...
AGAIN...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If i am not mistaken, wasn't the last Iranian election a farce? a scam? wasn't one of the other candidates forced to resign due to threats or something like that? Then when the people revolted against that the Iranians decided to use deadly force on the protesters there?

Good job on the Iranian citizens in following Egypt's footsteps. Remember, it wasn't too long ago that Iran went through a similar uprising.... what will happen in the end for them? I dont know, I am just hoping for the best.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Personally, I think our time is coming. As inflation starts to put more of the middle class in poverty, people will not tolerate it forever. The big banks have driven the world economy into the ground and the US government let it happen. The banksters will pay at some point, and it will not be pretty. Peaceful protests will not kill this beast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join