It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Protests: Tens Of Thousands March - The Worldwide Revolution is Starting!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran -- Clashes between Iranian police and hundreds of thousands of protesters wracked central Tehran on Monday as security forces beat and fired tear gas at opposition supporters hoping to evoke Egypt's recent popular uprising.

Source

The opposition called for a demonstration Monday in solidarity with Egypt's popular revolt that a few days earlier forced the president there to resign after nearly 30 years in office. The rally is the first major show of strength for Iran's cowed opposition in more than a year.

It appears that countries are starting to take note of what happened in Egypt and are fighting back against their tyrannical leaders!

How many countries will follow suit?

"An Iranian dies but doesn't accept humiliation," demonstrators chanted. "Death to the dictator," they said, in a chant directed at hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

They want his blood big time and to be honest, I don't blame them.

Who's next?

I think we are starting to see the beginning of an attempt at a worldwide revolution.

Whether this will succeed or not ... I wouldn't hazard a guess.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Foreign media are banned from covering street protests in Iran.

Do you think they will try to shut down the internet as this escalates?

Eyewitnesses said at least three protesters injured by bullets were taken to a hospital in central Tehran while dozens of others were hospitalized because of severe wounds as a result of being beaten.

Its getting Ugly.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Im confused, is this some sort of anti-democracy demonstration?

Ahmadinejad has been voted into office, twice.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Are we quite sure the elections were not rigged...?

Second.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Are we sure every election is not rigged?

Its all very well to say stuff like that, but unless you can back it up then it means nothing. Our leaders are voted in democraticaly and they deffinatly arent riggd, leaders of a nation we want to bomb and steal there natural resources are voted in democraticaly but the elections must be rigged. Righty ho then.

Its a bit like the retards who say our man down south, Hugo Chavez is a dictator.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Voting someone in fairly and then realising that he is a complete twat can cause some hiccups.

Besides there is also the possibility that the elections were rigged.

Five reasons to suspect Iran's election results.

The case of the 'Fatwa' to rig Iran's election.

I'm not sure how solid these bold claims are but it is food for thought.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Why are these people protesting exactly?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Because they are obviously not happy with how their country is run and who runs it.

Why do most people protest against their government?

They believe that their 'Leader' is a Tyrant and therefore should be put out of power.

I don't really know how to answer you question without stating the obvious...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
People all over the world are fed up and ready to reclaim their freedoms.
This very well could be the beginning of a world wide revolution and not a moment too soon imo.
I can't be the only one who feels the electricity in the air.
I feel .........hopeful, for the first time in a long time that we as humans will live to see a day when we all live in peace and harmony. I know it sounds a bit corny but I really don't know how else to describe it.

If it's just me then I'll admit to being crazy but I really don't think it is.
I do think that SOME people are more sensitive to the subtle energies that are changing, but soon
no matter how sensitive/insensitive you are to these energies......you WILL feel it.

IMO of course.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

They don't like living under a dictatorial theocracy?

They don't like being killed for protesting against a dictatorial theocracy?

Just two (really good) possible answers to your question.

And here's a third:

How about you tone down the name calling?

Now for my last question in response:

Will we see obowma back the iranian demonstrators this time like he did the egyptions, or will he say nothing like the last time there were pro-democracy demonstations in iran?
edit on 2/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

And what are you basing your opinion on?

You failed to mention theres the chance they are rioting becuase the groups orchestrating these demonstration, might, just might have loyalties elsewhere. And they are infact being staged to draw attention away from the fact demonstrators in Algeria have been brutaly crushd by state forces and the press, riding on the tide of media attention from Egypt could use this is the perfect chance to further destabilise the Iranian government.

NOW

Thats just one way to look at it, might be complete nonesense, im just saying. So what makes you come to your own conclusions about the issue at hand?

They don't like living under a dictatoriaal theocracy?

Is it really?, last time i was in Tehran it was pretty chilled out.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

And what are you basing YOUR opinions on - a talking points memo from the pajamaman, or is it the iranian mullahs?

We know that iran's dictatorial government has strong ties with "your man down south, chavez". Perhaps even more evidence of who is giving you your orders.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

To show they can.

I'm not sure Americans are realizing just how huge a deal Egypt really was. We - speaking in the general sense - missed that train. we were sitting over here in the Western hemisphere, mumbling things about free elections, the Muslim Brotherhood, and such. What was really happening flew over our heads.

What we were looking at was not so much people specifically targeting the deposition of Mubarak (though they were) but was, rather, a demonstration of people power. These millions of people got together, and spoke up together, as one movement. They brought one of the region's most powerful countries to a grinding halt, and used that power to force change upon their government.

That is huge in the Middle East. None of these countries - with the partial exception of Israel - allow their people to have a voice. For nearly eighty years, the people of the Middle East have done little more than grumble very quietly under their breaths.

These mass uprisings are a new thing. They are a MASSIVELY IMPORTANT thing. It's a paradigm shift. The Tunisians showed that enough people can do anything. The Egyptians, Algerians, and Jordanians gave further proof that the voice of the people can accomplish something. Eighty years of being beaten down is coming to an end. Now that people in the region have seen that it works, there is no - pardon the phrase - putting the genie back into the bottle. And now that they've done it, and succeeded, they're bound to do it again if they ever feel they have to.

Mass movement strips fear from people. And a lot of these people had abandoned fear a long time ago, so all that was needed was a spark of - this time pardon the cliche - "yes we can."

I don't think we're looking at a flue that will cause some tremors and then die down. I think we're seeing the start of something that is going to reshape the middle east in the coming decades.
edit on 14/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

They don't like living under a dictatoriaal theocracy?

Is it really?, last time i was in Tehran it was pretty chilled out.

Yes, fear of being arrested and/or killed for your beliefs can have a "chilling" effect on a society.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Common Sense.

You failed to mention theres the chance they are rioting becuase the groups orchestrating these demonstration, might, just might have loyalties elsewhere. And they are infact being staged to draw attention away from the fact demonstrators in Algeria have been brutaly crushd by state forces and the press, riding on the tide of media attention from Egypt could use this is the perfect chance to further destabilise the Iranian government.

That is a possibility yes, although you failed to mention the point of you arguing with me in the first place?

Is the purpose to derail this thread? If so why?

Actually don't answer that it will just add to the derailing effect some more.

Thats just one way to look at it, might be complete nonesense, im just saying. So what makes you come to your own conclusions about the issue at hand?

Yet again, common sense.

-TU

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yes well see the thing is man, your interpretation of common sense may very well be fine to you, as well as your personaly opinions, thats your entitlement. However, your idea of common sense and personal opinions might not actualy be a true reflection of whats going on you know.

My point is kinda this, do you know why these people are protesting?, what has caused them to protest? If so, would you like to explain why you think it is that way?

Thats about it really.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yes well see the thing is man, your interpretation of common sense may very well be fine to you, as well as your personaly opinions, thats your entitlement. However, your idea of common sense and personal opinions might not actualy be a true reflection of whats going on you know.

My point is kinda this, do you know why these people are protesting?, what has caused them to protest? If so, would you like to explain why you think it is that way?

Thats about it really.

Your reoccurring question has been answered many times already in this thread.

I don't know what else to say mate, other than review the answers given to you multiple times by multiple people earlier on in this thread.

It's been answered better than I have.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They havnt really have they, but look man, if thats what you accept as an answer then thats cool, we obviously have substantialy different criteria of what we accept as an answer in this world. No worries.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
People all over the world are fed up and ready to reclaim their freedoms.
This very well could be the beginning of a world wide revolution and not a moment too soon imo.
I can't be the only one who feels the electricity in the air.
I feel .........hopeful, for the first time in a long time that we as humans will live to see a day when we all live in peace and harmony. I know it sounds a bit corny but I really don't know how else to describe it.

If it's just me then I'll admit to being crazy but I really don't think it is.
I do think that SOME people are more sensitive to the subtle energies that are changing, but soon
no matter how sensitive/insensitive you are to these energies......you WILL feel it.

IMO of course.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Nothing wrong with that idea, but when all of these "protests" are violent rioting, I don't see how that looks to be leading towards peace.

When people stop rioting and committ to the teachings of Gandhi and MLK, and committ civil disobedience instead of throwing rocks, then we'll talk about world peace. But for now it's just out with one crappy government and in with another. Sorry, try back in another 50 years.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone saw Hillary Clinton come out to support
the Iran uprising but it was weak she barely mentions the Iran protests.

I guess Obummer had to send a women in to do his dirty work..
Obummer needs to come out and support the Iran protests just
as much as he did for Egypt.
Lets see if he has the stones to do the job...
Lets see *Geraldo Rivera* come out large and support Iran like he did Egypt...

If they don't, their a bunch of hypocritical schmucks...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the Hitler of our time...
He needs a good hanging, the world will be better off..
edit on 14-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join