It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother shot twice with a Taser after she was arrested for leaving baby in car to go to tanning salon

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by regolith

Yes, they could happen while the mom is in the car. The difference is, with an adult in the car, they can do something to rectify the situation or protect the child. An infant or 4-year-old can't do that for themselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So? A lady has got to get a tan and sometimes those annoying little kids are in the way

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by regolith

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

1)Your child can choke
2)Your child can be kidnapped or taken while your car is stolen
3)Your child can put the car in gear and roll into traffic or a lake or a wall with no seatbelt
4)Your child can get out of the car and wander off

These are just off the top of my head. The first two apply to even infants.

All of thse could happen when a parent is with their child. I think the thing here is, we all know she's a f**king mong when it comes to kids, but she's learning. When i was a bairn, i fell out of trees, smashed my face on the radiator and numerous other things. Sometimes my mam was there sometimes not. Sometimes stuff happens, and other times it doesnt.
I know the mother done wrong, cos it was out in public with gods knows who's about, but also dont forget the police went way too far, and that is a sign of things to come, and more and more the offences will be unjustified for that kind of action.

First of all, you're irresponsible if your child puts the car in gear and you don't stop it. Why would you just watch your child get out of the car and wander off?! No, not all of these things can happen when a RESPONSIBLE parent is around. I don't believe the officers went too far. They should of fried her ovaries to prevent future stupidity. A good parent would never sacrifice the well being of their child for tanning, or anything. It's not a "learning experience" IT IS STUPIDITY. She should get that child taken away for good.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
yeah here come the calls for sterlizing women by force.
notice, it's only women ? consider the source.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's amazing how bipartisan the forced-sterilization and parenting-license sentiment usually is. I have friends and family on both sides who have straight up commented on my Facebook posts about this kind of stupid-parents stuff with the "parenting licenses now, OMFG!" crap. And then you point out how incredibly invasive, unconstitutional and slippery-slope that idea is, and they all go "oh, well, I was never serious, it was a joke, but seriously, we need to DO something!"

I just wish people would think before they speak (or type). Think it through a few more steps than A-B-C.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

i keep trying to warn people, like the op, about this kind of stuff, but apparently they think the sacrifice is worth the benefits. wait about 10 years, look at china's predicament, and ask the same questions.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

LOL----which predicament? The one where there's not enough women for all the men, or the one where they have an entire generation of spoiled only-children now becoming co-dependent adults, or the one where women who dare to have a second child get abortions forced on them, or the one where some parents kill their newborns because they have vaginas, or the one where rural parents have to give their kids to the grandparents to raise because they have to move to the cities to work to pay for the taxes for their kids? I just want to make sure we're thinking of the same predicament, LOL.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

all the above.
doesn't sound like a thing people want to wish on their women folk.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
it's not "Some" are kiled because they have vaginas, it's ALOT. i think it's up to the equivalent of the entire female population of the usa, aborted and/or killed at birth, many of which were aborted by their mothers at home, secretly, or killed at birth, secretly. so the number may be even greater.

it's gendercide. the orphanges are filled with little girls, almost exclusively. it's worse than
anything i've read before, as far as selecting specific kinds of people out of a population to remove.
eugenecists are all for it though. and they think the war in iraq is bad. that's nothing by comparison.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You're most definitely right, but I have learned to couch my responses and arguments in language that will be less likely to be misinterpreted. I'm not aware of the exact estimated numbers lately, so I'm not sure if there's been any sort of decrease in this trend since the last time I looked.

And yeah----there's a reason why people only ever adopt Chinese *girls*. That's all there is to adopt, and boy are there plenty of them.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

it slowed a bit when it was made illegal to abort females. but that hasn't stopped it because the cause for it happening in the first place is still there, which is: 1) the traditional belief that women are inferior and 2) the one child policy. bad combo.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Exactly. Stupid decision from a country hailed as so genius. And we in the West are not far behind when we entertain these calls for forced sterilization or parenting licenses. It's all fine and good until someone disagrees with YOUR right to reproduce.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by undo

Exactly. Stupid decision from a country hailed as so genius. And we in the West are not far behind when we entertain these calls for forced sterilization or parenting licenses. It's all fine and good until someone disagrees with YOUR right to reproduce.

it inspired me to paint what it seems to be saying
it's called ONE (after it loads, click it to see full size)
fc06.deviantart.net...

it's not a very popular painting. people don't seem to understand what it implies. or don't care.

edit on 16-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

"Own" children???

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Normally I would agree with you, but SERIOUSLY SHE LEFT HER CHILD IN THE CAR WHILE SHE WENT TO TAN! I mean, did you even read the article? As a parent you should understand that YOUR CHILD COMES FIRST. You MUST make sacrifices for your own flesh and blood. What, like she was going to die without a freaken tan? She could of easily laid out in her backyard, watching her baby, or gone to the beach. Or even better SHE COULD OF WAITED, or this gets good, how about a babysitter? Yeah, you know a person who charges you money for keeping your child safe. I guess a car sounds much safer. Where it's going to get hot, oh no it's okay. She's a young parent it's a little mistake. NO it's not a little silly mistake. I am a first time parent also, I cant even leave my daughter in a separate room by herself. If im not watching her at all times, I get paranoid. But then at the same time, Im not going to die, because I haven't got my nails done, my hair curled, or am in such a hurry I need to leave my blood in the car so I can get my tan on. And, furthermore, she SHOULD be drug tested, she should be on house arrest, get her child taken from her, AND get parenting classes. Her child IS NOT A TOY. A human being who is helpless and can't roll down the window if it get's hot, who can't cry for help if something is wrong. Think about it. Being a parent means sacrificing your time, to be responsible.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
On one hand, mom's an idiot and should be tasered for leaving an infant, alone, in a (presumably) highly-commercial, highly-trafficked area.

On the other hand, wtf was she tasered for? She's all of 19 years old! Tasers are supposed to help the police subdue suspects that they cannot physically subdue themselves, right? And this cop couldn't subdue a teenager using his own bare hands? Why is he in law enforcement if a teenage girl can physically match him? On that note, I hate tasers, anyway -- if the situation isn't serious enough to warrant the use of your gun, then you probably don't need a taser, either. It's a very painful, very serious weapon used incorrectly by lazy (and too often, power-tripping) cops.

And to the idiot who said the mom should be subject to a home invasion, drug tests and losing any governmental assistance because she put down $7 for one whole tanning session -- you're a bigger part of the problem than she is.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resolution1441
On one hand, mom's an idiot and should be tasered for leaving an infant, alone, in a (presumably) highly-commercial, highly-trafficked area.

On the other hand, wtf was she tasered for? She's all of 19 years old! Tasers are supposed to help the police subdue suspects that they cannot physically subdue themselves, right? And this cop couldn't subdue a teenager using his own bare hands? Why is he in law enforcement if a teenage girl can physically match him? On that note, I hate tasers, anyway -- if the situation isn't serious enough to warrant the use of your gun, then you probably don't need a taser, either. It's a very painful, very serious weapon used incorrectly by lazy (and too often, power-tripping) cops.

And to the idiot who said the mom should be subject to a home invasion, drug tests and losing any governmental assistance because she put down $7 for one whole tanning session -- you're a bigger part of the problem than she is.

Woah, losing government assistance? That's just too much. So she put down $7 dollars it's not like she spend hundreds of the assistance money to tan herself. Beside im sure that money will come in handy to pay for that car she has, diapers, baby food, ect. Taking that money away will be more harmful than good.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Not funny? I'm a Muslim. And it's a choice. You don't get TAZED if your wrists are showing? If you wanna cover up then okay if not then also okay. You don't get introuble for not

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join