It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother shot twice with a Taser after she was arrested for leaving baby in car to go to tanning salon

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
God the hatred in this thread is unreal. And we wonder why society is going down the drain.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with leaving your child outside while you go inside to do something.

Tanning may be a bit much, but seriously people.

Pay for gas, run in to by some ingredients for dinner. Pay a bill.

Hell, I remember being left in the car while errands were run, as do most of my friends.

And before the what if crowd jumps in, you can't live life focused on what ifs. Think about it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

So, racism, sexism and elitism? What the hell does 'ghetto-trash' mean? Have you even finished high school?

She doesn't look black to me - but oh, she's got a 'furrin' name... I always knew Americans are racist barstewards, thanks for confirming that fact for me.
V.

What does ghetto-trash mean? People like that woman who are too dumb and stupid to understand that they shouldn't leave children alone in the car?

I didn't say she was black, or any other skin color. I said she was 'ghetto-trash'. Ghetto-trash means 'low-class and uneducated people who don't have jobs and live on welfare in the slums and like to think they're all bad-ass because they're orrejon and they were locked up and they live the 'thug life esse'.

Ghetto-trash (Think of a 'Chav' or some variation of one. Those of you out there reading this from UK should know what a Chav is.) come from any race, nationality, skin-color, or ethnicity; white/Caucasian, black/African-American, Hispanic/Mexican/Latino, Asian, etc.

It sounds like YOU'RE the one whose racist because it was YOU first who immediately thought 'black' and made an association when I said ghetto-trash.
edit on 2/15/11 by Marked One because: fixing spelling

edit on 2/15/11 by Marked One because: (no reason given)

OK, but don't mark me down for associating 'ghetto' with black! I'm not American, I don't know your slang.. Plus which, I was referring to the fact that she has a Spanish-sounding name - is that what you mean by "and they live the 'thug life esse'. ?
Fact is, that kind of a person is called a 'Westie' here - and I know Westies, (Chavs). They're people like anyone else, not trash.
Vicky

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

That's a little bit different. But here we're talking about somebody who did something as stupid as leave a child unattended in a vehicle for something as dumb as to go in to a tanning salon.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by Marked One

Agreed. It was a bonehead move, and if the Florida law was not followed, she should get the traffic ticket.

I am talking about the comments in this thread such as the poster above you:

"People like that woman who are too dumb and stupid to understand that they shouldn't leave children alone in the car?"

These comments are generalized, so I will generalize.

What is wrong with leaving a kid outside?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

she claims her boyfriend was supposed to watch the baby. so let's look at the picture in a fresh light, based on the new data:

she's babysitting, and has an appointment to go to tanning salon. boyfriend comes along cause he thinks he'll be able to hit a local shop to browse music or magazines. she asks him to stay with baby when they wouldn't let her leave him in the foyer of the tanning salon with them. he says he will, she puts baby in car, boyfriend waits till she's out of sight, and goes back to his original plan, figuring just a few minutes won't hurt, especially with the car running and the heat on. he leaves. baby starts to cry. witness sees baby crying in vehicle with no parents or adults in sight and calls police police think the baby's been by herself for the entire time the chick is in the tanning salon and tell her she's under arrest (for a minor traffic infraction). when they try to cuff her, she non-violently resists, and they taser her.

wonder how close that is to what happened

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by undo

Damn nosey people is what I say.

The nanny-state is ingrained deep.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Whatever.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Also, considering it is a NON-CRIMINAL offense…

Why in the hell was she being arrested?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Also, considering it is a NON-CRIMINAL offense…

Why in the hell was she being arrested?

doesn't make alot of sense. maybe she was on parole (or probation?) and any offense, no matter how small, would be considered a violation of her parole and arrest worthy?
edit on 15-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

My guess would be she got mouthy with the police when they came to question her politely which in turn became interpreted as threatening. She could have said something like; "Oh my God. Leave me the f*** alone. I swear I wanna f***ing..." Which can be interpreted as a threat in some cases. (I've personally witnessed something like this happen.) And when the police wanted to handcuff her as a safety precaution. She resisted. Just because someone has handcuffs placed on them doesn't mean they're being arrested. They can be restrained for safety precautionary purposes. Like Chris Rock says in his video; "How to not get your ass kicked by the police". BE POLITE."
edit on 2/15/11 by Marked One because: fixing something

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Last time I checked, willful neglect and endangerment of a minor was a criminal offense. If one doesn't understand why leaving a *baby* in a car alone (not a ten-year-old, not a teenager, a BABY) is such a serious danger, then it cannot be explained to that person. I just seriously hope those who can't understand why this is a big deal never, ever have children. Ever.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

like 3 am, i hear a knock on my door. i'm shocked cause nobody comes to our house after 10 pm. and no relatives have said they are incoming from out of state. i say threw the door "hello?" and i hear a girl's voice. she's crying and nearly unintelligible. i look thru peep hole, and see she's by herself. to be on the safe side, i secure my dogs, so they don't try to bite her when i open the door.

i open the door and ask her what's wrong. she cries even harder. she's dressed in a mini skirt and a halter top. her hair is dishevelled and she's scuffed up, otherwise, she's a beautiful black girl. has a nice figure and a pretty face. i ask her again what's wrong, and she's still crying so hard,i can't understand her. finally, after like 5 minutes, she manages to tell me that she's just escaped from a guy who tried to rape her in his car. she had taken off her spiked high heel and hit in the head to escape, but had to open his car door and leap from the moving car to escape. panicking again, she asks me to let her in before he sees her outside.

so i let her in. she's a minor. she wants us to drive her home, but there's no one that can. hubby's not there, and neither is the car. only solution is to call the police. she asks me not to because she's afraid they'll call her family and she'll be in trouble. she apparently wanted to go to the bar underage for some kind of party, and had dressed in the latest clubbing fashion. she accepted a ride home from a man she had met there, who decided to try to rape her first.

anyway, i called the police because there was literally no other way for her to get home, and i felt the police needed to know what had happened. when they got there, they asked me questions and asked the girl questions, and then agreed to take her home. but the police officer in charge of the situation, was really giving me some strange angry looks. i just smiled politely and thought........"what? i'm just being a good citizen and protecting a minor."

never did quite figure that out.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Also I don't know if this is even mentioned in the news-piece. (Kind of off-topic here).

But when someone is 'tasered'. There are two ways of using a Taser on a subject. Either drive-stun/close-contact (Meaning remove the cartridge and put the end of the unit up against the subject's back or against an arm or a leg) OR with use of the probes at short range. I want to say more than likely this woman may have been drive-stunned as a form of 'pain compliance'.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

it's a minor traffic infraction in florida, and several other states, apparently.
not sure why but it is, maybe a throw back to when we could make more judgement calls of our own?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

God the hatred in this thread is unreal. And we wonder why society is going down the drain.

In all honesty , you can't be serious? Society is going down the drain for the simple fact that the majority of humanity doesn't think before they act or about the lives they're affecting for their own selfish needs and desires.Actually some do think and just don't care. It's ignorant, incompetent and shows her sheer lack of common sense and total disregard for a human life she brought into this world and is supposed to love. Imagine if people treat their own flesh and blood in this manner how much more disregard and contempt they have for the lives of those they aren't related to.And then we have their sympathizers.

Just her level of competence shows she shouldn't be allowed to breed. Society just keeps breeding itself into a shallow useless self centered species of self indulgent and self righteous losers.That's why society is going down the drain. Sometimes the factual truth is harsh. It's not sugarcoated and most of society can't handle the truth.

For starters it was a baby/infant which is totally helpless and dependent on others for it's survival. She left her car on while her infant was in it.

It's one thing running in to pay for gas when your doors are locked, the car is in view and the keys are in your pocket. It's another when the cars running, your 1/2 naked in a tanning bed w/eyes covered and nowhere near your car for an extended period of time. I can't believe you would actualy not understand why people would be upset with this act and even try to compare it to leaving a "KID" under a totally different circumstance.

Also any parent that's incompetent enough to leave their kid in a car risks them being abducted. How many instances have you heard of when they were dumb enough to run in a store, double parked w/car running and kid in it only to come out to nothing.

I mean if you have to honestly ask this question

I sincerely hope you don't have children.Here's a few reasons and the list of stupidity is endless.

The Dangers of leaving your Child in the car

11 month old in Minnesota

2 yr old Texas

2 month old Florida

3 kids (2,4 & 6) Arizona

The Dangers of leaving your Child in the car

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

well it can't be a sign the society is going down the tubes, since there are NO unattended child laws in 35 states at this moment. (which means, the states that do have unattended child laws are the exception) here, see for yourself

ggweather.com...

so the past 200 years or so, we've had very few laws regarding unattended children in vehicles.
how does that translate to society getting worse, if at least we have 15 states with laws now, when we didn't originally? seems to me like this is getting better not worse, based on your argument.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

She should be jailed. They should force her to be drug tested and get a warrant and toss her home and see if there are illegal substances there. Obviously she should not be receiving any public assistance at all since she can afford tanning.

Nothing will happen to this woman. She will go to a mandated parenting class where they go through business like "Now Jane, it is not OK to leave your baby in a car unattended, OK dear" and "Jane, when its cold out, your baby need to have warm clothes on" stuff like that

The kid should be taken away and she should have all parental rights removed.

And the real kicker is if it was the father who did it he would get jail+ parental rights terminated. The tasing is probably the only punishment she will get.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

does anyone read the thread before commenting?
the baby presumably is not hers. she was babysitting.
she claims she left the baby in the car with her boyfriend.
he apparently wasn't there when the witness saw the baby crying.
maybe he stepped out to shop (or the girl is lying).
it was cold outside. 55 Fahrenheit. baby in no danger of overheating.
florida law says it's a minor traffic infraction. non-criminal. 500 dollar fine, maximum, and only
if it's been longer than 15 minutes.
she was arrested, according to the article, for non-violent resistence, after which she
was tassered twice and arrested for a felony of child abandoment or something.
the case is all twisted up in knots atm. it's anybody's call, as to whether she's at fault or not,
especially if she's telling the truth and the boyfriend was supposed to watch the baby in the car,
while she was in the tanning salon. lots of pieces missing.

let's not build up a case against women OKAY?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

it's a minor traffic infraction in florida, and several other states, apparently.

That traffic law states:

“No parent, legal guardian, or other person responsible for a child younger than 6 years of age shall leave such child unattended or unsupervised in a motor vehicle for a period in excess of 15 minutes; however, no such person shall leave a child unattended for any period of time if the motor vehicle is running or the health of the child is in danger.” “Any person who violates the provisions of subsection (1) is guilty of a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable by a fine of: Not more than $100; or not less than $50 and not more than $500 if the motor vehicle was running or the health of the child was in danger at the time of the violation.”

That just means she can be charged with a traffic citation ON TOP of the criminal charge she is also receiving of child abuse. That law doesn't say "this is the only penalty for this behavior and it does not constitute child abuse." It merely gives an officer a simple traffic reason to step in to this kind of situation. Leaving an infant unattended ANYWHERE is considered child abuse from coast to coast. Too many things can happen in a split second to a baby who can't do anything for itself. Hence the [criminal] child abuse charge.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

you a lawyer? just curious if you're right. i'd be more inclined to believe it's due to her having other things on her record, that qualified her for violation of her probation or parole, since any charge can get you into big trouble, if so.

also, why, after giving the traffic violation, would the officer then give the baby back to the offending parent/guardian, if it constituted child abandonment?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join