It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother shot twice with a Taser after she was arrested for leaving baby in car to go to tanning salon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

OK, but if the person is crazy, or on PCP, or just keeps coming at the cops, then they are authorized to use lethal force. So it is the tazer of the Glock. Which would you prefer? I vote for the Glock, because it is more certain to end the threat, and I know too many cops killed trying to use their tazer. Still, it is hard to criticize the use of the tazer when the other choice is the Glock, no?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

i vote full body/head armor. we don't need to lose police or citizens to things like this. two taser blasts to a 19 year old female? ain't nobody heard of ninjitsu or something? good grief.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think the two blasts to the 19 year old girl was some kind of message. It was probably not appropriate legally speaking, it was probably not a life-threatening situation for the cops, and it was probably just used to subdue her into submission. Technically I don't agree with their usage here, but I do think she deserved it and it was funny, just not very lawful.

The head to toe body armor is probably cost restrictive, we don't even do that for our soldiers overseas.

Plus, it is restrictive in movement and limits your power of observation. I don't even where a helmet on my motorcycle, because it limits my ability to see and hear, and I feel that puts me in more danger instead of less. (I might start wearing a little brainscoop though, I had to get some staples last year after a wreck, and a little helmet could have saved that pain!).

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Also, tazing very rarely kills anybody.

Really?!?

According to amnesty international tasers kill someone once a week in the US alone.

the number of people who died after being struck by Tasers in the USA reached 334 between 2001 and August 2008.

Amnesty

During that same period police killed about 4000 people... though exact statistics are difficult to come by. Using the guestimate 4000 figure however, 8% of police killings are by taser. Of course when you read about any of these statistics from *.gov sources... they are killings of "felons" because lethal force is only justifiable against a "felon" and police are always justified.

Another tidbit of interesting statistics that rings so true to this situation and the "lock her up an strip her rights mentality":

While 1 out of every 142 Americans is now actually in prison, 1 out of every 32 of us is either in prison or on parole from prison, according to yet another report on Americans behaving badly from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

This means that 6.7 million adult men and women -- about 3.1 percent of the total U.S. adult population

1/32

also

We hold only that [taser] devices constitute an intermediate, significant level of force that must be justified by “ ‘a strong government interest [that] compels the employment of such force.’ ”

The “most important” factor []is whether the suspect posed an “immediate threat to the safety of the officers or others.”

“A desire to resolve quickly a potentially dangerous situation is not the type of governmental interest that, standing alone, justifies the use of force that may cause serious injury.

Bryan vs McPhearson US 9th Circuit Court

Sri Oracle
edit on 15-2-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

i noticed more people under the age of 50 die from motorcycle accidents than any thing else, and if you don't wear a helmet, it goes up exponentially.

anyway, i don't think tasers are funny. i don't think hurting police officers is funny either. in fact, i find this entire subject extremely disturbing.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Disgusting bloody disgusting what is wrong with people today. KUDOS to the police officer for not going mental i would have
. I have a 3 month old son i would never even think of possibly maybey even for a second leave him by himself ANYWHERE !! esspecialy not in the bloody car. this woman needs a lesson to be taught to her firstly take the baby off her for obvious safety reasons. second GAOL time at least 6 months here in the land of AUS its a bloody big fine for leaving a dog in the car and allmost definate gaol for leaving a child in the car ( also the police officers have every right to smash every window in your vehicle to rescue said baby) . thirdly compulsory full time education to give this woman an idea on how to raise a child properly its common sense to most people ( my partner is only 20 she went straight into responsible mother mode) but some need to be taught for the good of the children .

Anyway peace out thanks for posting a most informative thread

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

In at least six of the cases where people died, Tasers were used on individuals suffering from medical conditions such as seizures – including a doctor who had crashed his car when he suffered an epileptic seizure. He died after being repeatedly shocked at the side of the highway when, dazed and confused, he failed to comply with an officer's commands.

^ from that amnesty article you linked.

egads. : /
the doctor needed a doctor not a mobile electric chair.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Out of how many actual usages though? What is the percentage, and how many times did the cops use a tazer instead of a bullet? The one per week, might have saved dozens or hundreds per week in comparison.

I already stated that I don't really approve of tazer usage, but the argument against them is a very difficult one.

reply to post by undo

I guess when you have been injured as many creative ways as I have, then it is all a little humorous. I've lived this long by some kind of blessing or curse, so I don't give it a whole lot of thought.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

so a dazed and confused doctor at the side of highway, because he's not responding to your commands, needs to be tazed to keep him from hurting you in a creative way? maybe they need to rotate police into other types of police work so they aren't hurt so many times they begin to think it's funny.
edit on 15-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
I heard about a similar case...it involved a couple called the McCanns...just a shame they were not tasered.
edit on 15-2-2011 by old_god because: edit

If you mean the people whose child was kidnapped, what you just said is libel.
There is no proof they are guilty of anything other than foul luck, and plenty of proof that they are victims not villains.
Vicky

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm not police, and I have never tazed anyone except myself and some buddies. I did mace my dog once, but I also maced myself at the same time, and then the dog knocked us both in the pool, and water makes it hurt worse, use milk or olive oil.

I never met the doctor, I didn't taze him, and I don't know who did.

I am pretty sure I have made my opinion very clear, tazers are often used for the wrong reasons, I am not a fan of their use, except in life-threatening situations, and even then I think they should use their guns instead. I only found the OP entertaining, as I still do, because she will probably not have any criminal liability for what she did, but she at least got shocked back to reality and she will think twice next time before abandoning the kid or attacking a cop again!

Let's not turn this into a fight like my ex-wife would do. Let's not drag every evil ever done in the world into one fight. How about we fight about them separately when they are appropriate. I don't think the good doctor had anything to do with me, the baby, the cop in question, you, or the OP.

Now, you are free to bash me for taking pleasure at the suffering of the 19 year old dummy in the OP, but lets not bash each other for every evil in the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It gets a lot worse then that....

in Toronto a woman left her baby son after putting him in scalding water - 40% of his body was burned - THEN SHE LEFT TO BUY A CD.

Yes, some people should not be allowed to breed.

www.torontosun.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Good. What an idiot. The child wasn't even hers!! This begs the question, what parent would leave their child with someone who would leave a child in a car unsupervised so she could go tan??

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

she already had criminal liability. they tasered her. twice.
why can't our police have better defenses instead of insisting they zap people for things like not responding to commands? i'm sure it costs more money in the long run, than buying them decent armor.surely we have enough tech, we could gear them up suffciently that they could see just as well, move just as well, and etc. i mean we can clone sheep, photograph super massive black holes in other galaxies, create super solar panels from nanbots the size of atoms. why can't we make decent gear for cops so they don't feel as if they have to shoot everything that moves or has a black thing in their hands.
edit on 15-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
Hahahahahaha! B*tch had it coming hardcore. Nothing like 150,000+ volts to teach her how to not be a dead-beat parent.

reply to post by undo

Wrong. Inhumane would be someone like me in that police officer's shoes whereas instead I would've pepper sprayed her AND as I get her to be handcuffed I'd twist her arm enough to almost break it. When she was tasered I hope the b*tch was hit with the probes and not just drive stunned.

Whether the use of a taser was inhumane or not. Leaving a child unattended in a vehicle while it's hot outside is inhumane.

Hate women much?
For the last time, it wasn't hot! (I saw where someone had actually got the precise temperature - 55 degrees F, which is 12 C, New Zealand's average temp, which is, I assure you, COLD
Vicky

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl
Good. What an idiot. The child wasn't even hers!! This begs the question, what parent would leave their child with someone who would leave a child in a car unsupervised so she could go tan??

where does it say the child wasn't hers?
i don't see that in the article.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
there's no such thing as human trash.

Yes there is. And I've told you already; I've come across them first-hand. Yet you think I'm joking.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

www.tampabay.com...

I don't know if I am doing this right...first timer.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Only 15 US States have laws regarding leaving children unattended in a vehicle.

ggweather.com...

FLORIDA's law:

According to Florida State Statute:

FSS 316.6135 Leaving children unattended or unsupervised in motor vehicle; penalty; authority of law enforcement officer.

1. No parent, legal guardian, or other person responsible for a child younger than 6 years of age shall leave such child unattended or unsupervised in a motor vehicle for a period in excess of 15 minutes; however, no such person shall leave a child unattended for any period of time if the motor vehicle is running or the health of the child is in danger.
2. Any person who violates the provisions of subsection (1) is guilty of a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable by a fine of:
* Not more than $100; or
* Not less than $50 and not more than $500 if the motor vehicle was running or the health of the child was in danger at the time of the violation.

3. Any law enforcement officer who observes a child left unattended or unsupervised in a motor vehicle in violation of subsection (1) may use whatever means are reasonably necessary to protect the minor child and to remove him from the vehicle.
4. If the child is removed from the immediate area notification should be placed on the vehicle.
5. The child shall be remanded to the custody of the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services pursuant to chapter 39, unless the law enforcement officer is able to locate the parents or legal guardian or other person responsible for the child.

Florida Traffic Law

UNLAWFUL FORCED SEPARATION OF MOTHER AND CHILD

Resulting in violence and unlawful tasering over a petty non-criminal traffic infraction.

It was the officers legal duty to return the child to the parent and issue a citation. He instead choose to incite immenent lawless action; forcing the woman to physically defend her LEGAL RIGHT to reunite with her child.

Unlawful arrest, unlawful imprisonment, two counts of unlawful use of substantial intermediate force, and inciting unlawful behavior means the officer is liable for civil (money) damages.

put a star on that one,

Sri Oracle
edit on 15-2-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
I can tell the woman was ghetto-trash. And I'm happy to know she was treated in the right orderly manner--as just that; trash. Humane or not. And I stand by what I say. I've dealt with ghetto-trash before first-hand and I say with full confidence that they're not always friendly.

So, racism, sexism and elitism? What the hell does 'ghetto-trash' mean? Have you even finished high school?

She doesn't look black to me - but oh, she's got a 'furrin' name... I always knew Americans are racist barstewards, thanks for confirming that fact for me.
V.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join