It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by getreadyalready
Also, tazing very rarely kills anybody.
the number of people who died after being struck by Tasers in the USA reached 334 between 2001 and August 2008.
While 1 out of every 142 Americans is now actually in prison, 1 out of every 32 of us is either in prison or on parole from prison, according to yet another report on Americans behaving badly from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
This means that 6.7 million adult men and women -- about 3.1 percent of the total U.S. adult population
We hold only that [taser] devices constitute an intermediate, significant level of force that must be justified by “ ‘a strong government interest [that] compels the employment of such force.’ ”
The “most important” factor is whether the suspect posed an “immediate threat to the safety of the officers or others.”
“A desire to resolve quickly a potentially dangerous situation is not the type of governmental interest that, standing alone, justifies the use of force that may cause serious injury.”
In at least six of the cases where people died, Tasers were used on individuals suffering from medical conditions such as seizures – including a doctor who had crashed his car when he suffered an epileptic seizure. He died after being repeatedly shocked at the side of the highway when, dazed and confused, he failed to comply with an officer's commands.
Originally posted by old_god
I heard about a similar case...it involved a couple called the McCanns...just a shame they were not tasered.edit on 15-2-2011 by old_god because: edit
Originally posted by Marked One
Hahahahahaha! B*tch had it coming hardcore. Nothing like 150,000+ volts to teach her how to not be a dead-beat parent.
reply to post by undo
Wrong. Inhumane would be someone like me in that police officer's shoes whereas instead I would've pepper sprayed her AND as I get her to be handcuffed I'd twist her arm enough to almost break it. When she was tasered I hope the b*tch was hit with the probes and not just drive stunned.
Whether the use of a taser was inhumane or not. Leaving a child unattended in a vehicle while it's hot outside is inhumane.
Originally posted by Justagyrl
Good. What an idiot. The child wasn't even hers!! This begs the question, what parent would leave their child with someone who would leave a child in a car unsupervised so she could go tan??
Originally posted by undo
there's no such thing as human trash.
According to Florida State Statute:
FSS 316.6135 Leaving children unattended or unsupervised in motor vehicle; penalty; authority of law enforcement officer.
1. No parent, legal guardian, or other person responsible for a child younger than 6 years of age shall leave such child unattended or unsupervised in a motor vehicle for a period in excess of 15 minutes; however, no such person shall leave a child unattended for any period of time if the motor vehicle is running or the health of the child is in danger.
2. Any person who violates the provisions of subsection (1) is guilty of a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable by a fine of:
* Not more than $100; or
* Not less than $50 and not more than $500 if the motor vehicle was running or the health of the child was in danger at the time of the violation.
3. Any law enforcement officer who observes a child left unattended or unsupervised in a motor vehicle in violation of subsection (1) may use whatever means are reasonably necessary to protect the minor child and to remove him from the vehicle.
4. If the child is removed from the immediate area notification should be placed on the vehicle.
5. The child shall be remanded to the custody of the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services pursuant to chapter 39, unless the law enforcement officer is able to locate the parents or legal guardian or other person responsible for the child.
Originally posted by Marked One
I can tell the woman was ghetto-trash. And I'm happy to know she was treated in the right orderly manner--as just that; trash. Humane or not. And I stand by what I say. I've dealt with ghetto-trash before first-hand and I say with full confidence that they're not always friendly.