It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA budget freeze

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Washington - President Barack Obama on Monday proposed reining in expenses at Nasa, sending his 2012 budget blueprint to Congress calling for a five-year freeze on new spending at the US space agency.

NASA budget freeze

No more space exploration for you guys. Well not for at least the next five years.

What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow doesn;t that speak volumes for the first country that landed on the moon. If you wanna go back call China or Russia.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Interesting, wasn't too long ago Obama was doing his lil hot air SOTU address talking about "our spud nick" moment and education being a top priority for America to regain its innovative edge bla bla hot air...

now NASA budget froze (there goes our spud nick moment) and Pell grants are on the chopping block (huge problem for those interested in a college education)...

Nothing makes you trust your government and leaders more then

"America needs more education so were going to make budget cuts for education"

huh???

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
nasa is just a front and the real space exploration programme will still get all the funding it needs.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Despite the fact that I live in a town that is heavily employed by NASA and my father worked there for 37 years, i tend to agree with it, and this is why. The space exploration industry is one that should have been turned over to the private industry to be maintained a long time ago. In general, the objective is for the government to develop and research the technology. Once established, it should be turned over to the private sector for maintenance and improvement.

Exhibit A: www.spacex.com...

Hopefully, there will be more to follow. This should create the same jobs, under a different domain. But, the advantage is that these would be fewer jobs funded by the government, and more jobs within the capitalistic environment, which logically would result in greater efficiency and growth. It is very hard to get fired by the government. But if all of these jobs lived in the private sector, i firmly believe it would work out better for the industry, employees, progress, economy, and tax payers alike.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

That's a pretty good observation

It would make them a whole lot more competitive. I really don't know the structure of NASA.

A lady that lives close to NASA explained it to me this way-

It's like a tree with a lot of branches coming from it.

So I take it NASA has contracted a lot of companies already. It could just as well be in the private sector.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This doesnt count black box founded space exploration projects

top topics

join